Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Justin Tyme posted:

Anyone ever been through Norfolk? Seems like a cool place but it's Navy so maybe it doesn't count.

Norfolk is like every army town you've ever been though, except that jets fly over more frequently. Virginia Beach isn't all that great, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
You'd have to draft my rear end to get it back into a uniform.

Why you'd ever go willingly back into a service knowing that you could do almost the same poo poo as a contractor making bank is beyond me.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Also, Campbell has a higher population of field grades that will care about that poo poo. If you need motivation to pass Ranger school, think of it as the last and only hard work you'll have to do in the army.

You'll get a pass for everything else if you show up as a tabbed, non-infantry lieutenant.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Clarksville is close to Nashville, which is a fantastic town.

Live as far away from post as possible (I was off of Exit 11) and it's fine.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Is there anything y'all don't rag the poo poo out of

Gifs of naked ladies and dogs

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

psydude posted:

Well if you were in between 1991 and 1998 it apparently entitles you to talk about how pussified our military has gotten over the last 16 years and how Donald Trump is going to make it great again. So that's something.

Thank gently caress I don't run into these vets. That would make me losing my loving mind.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Campbell had/has a breakfast truck where the family makes green salsa and it's seriously the best thing ever made and I would cheerfully kill people to obtain the recipe.

I wonder if it was a New Mexico thing, cause they're big on green pepper poo poo. Basically it was a garlic-y and green hot sauce. So good.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

ASAPI posted:

Tomatillos. That is the secret to their salsa. That and sometimes avocado. My wife makes that poo poo all the time.

oh poo poo i'd never considered tomatillo before

brilliant

you've enriched my life

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
why do scouts exist again?

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
i feel weird

the bct that's in iraq right now is led by my old BC and he's a good dude who i respect a lot

one of his LTs just got killed by an IED, which is sad

i got this from facebook updates cause i'm friends with my old BC, and i dunno i felt like sharing the post

i feel weird about it because i had a pretty cake deployment to AFG (arty PL) and i've been out for a few years now. i didn't know the guy who got killed and my only connection to this story is the commander, but i'm sure the family is devastated.

i dunno, i feel sad but i feel like i don't have the right to because i didn't know the dude and my experiences were pretty positive. feels fake to share this with other people on social media

manchego fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 2, 2017

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
the ones that play sports are usually ok

it's like if you have a dog and you don't socialize it with other dogs

gotta get them outta the house and have someone smell their buttholes is what i'm saying

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
nah the army sucks and you have objectively bad judgement

but i'm fine with that because i'm out and that's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
gently caress all of you

wawa is great, pa is great, suck my dick