Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
J. F. C.

"Oh man my drill sergeants were insane! One of them knife handed a private one day!! LOL!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm about to turn in my apartment keys and be temporarily homeless until my job starts but I'm still so glad I'm not in anymore.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm glad that MI weirdos are just borderline autistic and not masochistic.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I was browsing the forums one day in an English course and someone came up to me afterwards and asked the, "Do you have stairs?" question. I just responded, "Oh god," because I didn't think someone would ask that and she frowned then told me that wasn't how I was supposed to answer.

Goons, sigh. At least we can feel superior to someone right, fellow goons?! :fsmug:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
They're all posting in other subforums about how weird and awkward Soulex is.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Get rid of the PT Badge :twisted:

I knew a lot of dudes who met the qualifications for that thing, but I never saw one in person. Does anyone actually wear it?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Wasabi the J posted:

NCOs were forced to lead PT weekly in Africa. I personally had to lead four sessions.

I have leading four yoga sessions as an NCO bullet.

I had a NCO threaten to do Zumba for PT if she had to lead it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Mustang posted:

gently caress the Army

This post makes me very happy.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Accepted a job offer and it feels pretty sweet. The list of bonuses also has a hidden section including things like NEVER TAKE AN APFT AGAIN and LAUGH WHEN YOU SEE PEOPLE STANDING IN FORMATION BECAUSE YOU NEVER WILL.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

spacetoaster posted:

What's her MOS?

35F

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Y'all mother fuckers are dumb.

Being out is so great.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Syrian Lannister posted:

I'm a dirty leg and my knees pop constantly

Same. It sounds like I'm popping a fist full of bubble wrap whenever I walk down stairs.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Officially no longer in the active duty (4 more years for IRR) army. Hooray.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I was one of those guys counting down to my ETS while still in basic. Went to a few bases, some sucked more than others, but in the end it was all Army everywhere.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
So... how many of you are going to send some BS to that email address?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Yeah, I'm basically doing the same thing that I did while I was in.

I mean... it's the same except I'm working from home half the time, make literally over 4 times what I did while in, work out when and how I want to, and get to wear normal people clothes.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I heard the gum in MREs is actually a laxative, so if you chew it you're going to poo poo yourself.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
If I sleep on my stomach, my lower back hurts all day. If I sleep on my side, my shoulders are sore for a few hours in the morning. If I sleep on my back, I snore.

My body is defective.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Who do I contact to get a copy of my dd214? I never did get it mailed to me and I'm 15 hours away from where I was last stationed at this point.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Awesome, thank you.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Just sterilize anyone who serves beyond their initial contract. If you can't figure out it's a poo poo show during your first few years, you shouldn't be able to procreate.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

A Bad Poster posted:

Im going to have roughly 55 days of leave saved up before my ETS and I've brought up how I'm looking forward to a two month paid vacation on my way out the door, but when I do everyone who has been here tells me "good luck with that, they never approve terminal leave longer than 30 days and will tell you to sell the rest." Guess they want to gently caress you one last time while giving them more time to gently caress you.

I still feel like I got a sweet deal with 30 days con leave, 30 days of "duty" (two weeks of half days, two weeks of clearing), 60 days of terminal leave. The best four months of my time in the army, by far.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I threw a lot of my poo poo into a dumpster as soon as I signed out on terminal leave. Donated the waffles to Goodwill--maybe they're keeping someone warm.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm trying to adjust to the fanaticism that people in this area of the country have for Wawa. I had never heard of it before, and when I say "Isn't it just a gas station?" everyone gets mad.

I mean,it's a nice gas station. But still...

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Kill her, then the husband, then the boyfriend.

And then the army.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'll admit I am fine with having done my 4 and never deploying during it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

rifles posted:

Had my first good NG drill weekend. I volunteered for two SUTA days earlier this month to be in a parade and go to a baseball game. So that was my drill instead of doing a gear showdown yesterday that I would have been loading into my car in the middle of a huge loving thunderstorm, and a mandatory family party today. I'm sure it'll be made up for next month.

So the best way to do drill is to not do drill.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm still a little sad I never went to the Sorry Gulch in Sierra Vista just to see if it lived up to the legends.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You motherfuckers knock this sir poo poo off or I'm gonna go ham on the prostate button.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Doing layouts for a bunch of TK-17s was always miserable. They are dumb toolboxes full of poo poo that never got used yet somehow went missing. Nobody could even identify a good 20% of what was in there.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My cat sleeps in the barracks bag/laundry bag thing. I was going to throw it away, but apparently he thinks it's the best thing ever.

Okay thanks for reading.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm filled with crippling depression now but I am still happier than I was in the army, so gently caress you if you're still in and hate-gently caress-you if you choose to stay in.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
The dude in the bunk next to me in basic tried his best to not get recycled. At one point when everyone was getting dropped, someone bashed him in the head with their M16. He was bleeding everywhere and had to get staples in his noggin. On the plus side, it was fun watching him try to explain a "no cover" profile to every drill sergeant in line of sight.

Then he got some kind of hip fracture or something and limped around on crutches. He managed to qual on the range and crutched alongside everyone else during our rucks, but it wasn't to be. He vanished one day to be recycled.

Meanwhile, some chick had a DS carry her weapon during the last march because she was having trouble. Army strong!

gently caress me, I told a BCT story. Someone ban me.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
So is having jaw surgery and having your mouth wired closed for a month.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I finally found something I miss about the army.

It's easy to find someone to commiserate with. Everyone has experienced suck in the army. I was never especially close to most of my peers (I only talk to 3-4 of them now that I'm out), but even just "work buddies" would be there for you.

Now the closest thing I have are either the handful of friends scattered across the country or you fuckers.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Mustang posted:

I never talk politics or religion at work but somehow people still get the feeling that I'm a dirty liberal

That's been my rule for the last 7 years, but I had to also add "don't talk about my sex life" because people in the army are weird and like to share/discuss some strange things sometimes.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My JRTC rotation involved us working in a SCIF that was notionally back in the states. So we slept in "Afghanistan" and walked to "US" to work every shift. We had a guard at the entrance ('cause SCIF) and everyone inside would just drop all their armor/ACHs and work without them. On day shift (I was nights), our FOB got overrun by OPFOR and they tried to storm the SCIF. It caused a scene and my PSG came out yelling at people, telling OPFOR they can't come in, etc. But he didn't have his helmet. So he died.

Another plus is that when we set up the SCIF, there was some big rear end artillery gun pointed right over our Trojan. They were planning on firing blanks (or whatever, I don't know artillery poo poo) but wound up having to take the gun down. In its place was an outline in white engineer tape to be a notional gun that had to be guarded and "fired."

Fun times!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

ever in the military? loss.

e: to be clear, you might be winning. but we are all in the loser's bracket.

Basically just means he's king retard. Congrats I guess.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
At least they get officer pay. I was a cool guy E4 in BCT.

still think it was worth it in the end, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Thanks for posting about how it's still lovely. Makes me feel good to not be in.