Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

My dad spent most of his time in the Army in Germany and loved every minute of it.

I, in my 15 years, have only experienced Frankfurt from the Terminal, and three weeks of Hohenfels on the way to Kosovo.

I am not pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

gently caress, man, I want to vent but I'm not sure if I'm gonna get found out. And EBH at this point is going to give me the same rigmarole they gave me the last two times.

Anyone know some good anon posting places? Because today has me loving fuming.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

On HHC command chat: we lucked out because our Bde commander got mad at our old HHC captain for something dumb, so he got pushed out and replaced with the best cpt we have. I legitimately respect my HHC command team, which surprises me given my views on the rest of the unit.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

I know we had work/life balance chat before, but let me say this:

The mentality of having to work 24 hr ops before you are in the field because your boss has no impulse control is loving stupid and needs to die. And if I hear 'just knock out the high priority stuff' from people who treat every tasking as a life-death situation then I'm going to slap someone with a stapler.

I know that the old saying 'this isn't the Army I joined' is a cliché, but holy poo poo is it right.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Triggs posted:

I'm changing my phone number when I get out, there's really no other option.

I wish Army leaders would stop lying and saying that family is important - it isn't anymore. Family got tossed to the side a long time ago in order to sustain readiness. The new norm is soldiers missing three Thanksgivings in a row because of deployments and CTC rotations.

You bet your rear end family is important when the FRG wants your SO on the e-mail roster. Or when they hold a unit sale full of kitsch their bored housewives made.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The loving Army Navy game...

Never have I hated the West Point assholes in my unit more than for this loving bullshit.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

So, my grandfather just passed away. He had a stroke a few weeks ago, was recovering up until this morning, and then fainted. Blood pressure dropped, organs started failing, and he slipped into a coma. He passed about an hour ago.

Had to head back into the office to sign some hand receipts, 1SG and Commander see me, ask me if I'm alright. Tell me I'm still going to JRTC, which I expected. 1SG then says that when he first heard me talk about this, he thought it was some sort of ploy to get out of it.

My 1SG thinks, or thought, that I faked my grandfather's death to get out of a month-long rotation. To get out of two measly weeks in the box. As if I haven't spent years deployed away from my family, or as if I wasn't able to take emergency leave when by brother-in-law died, or as if I haven't already deployed with this unit before. And now two weeks is what I fake the death of my family for. Two weeks.

loving AAA+ Leadership right there!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Finished our JRTC rotation and woo boy I think we set some records!

Mostly for war crimes, but hey! Records!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

Ive always heard marine stood for men all riding in navy equipment but I never could find the nsn for boi pussy

I was always told it was an onomatopoeia for the sound of horse poo poo hitting a fan.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

When is my leave getting approved?

Next week, we swear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Flying over to Korea, and our flight was delayed 15 minutes. An hour ago.

Guess which airline and win a prize*!

*Prize is the undying shame of serving in the US Armed Forces.