Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Has the battalion completed hurricane awareness training?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

:goonsay:

Oh god I forgot about that season where his wish to be human was granted

When did he wish for that?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

The head shapeshifter took it away from him and then they put together a contrived scenario for him to get it back from a dying baby changeling or something. Then the head shapeshifter comes back and apologizes and they have sex in human form just to see what it's like. Star Trek be weird, yo.

Yeah, but my point was that Odo never WANTED to be human. You're thinking of Data.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

You're right, I think it was more "to give him a better understanding of the solids" but the implication was that he wanted to be human more than a shapeshifter

It was a punishment for killing another shapeshifter.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Hi, I'm a civilian interested in Officer Candidate School.

I was told by my recruiters that it was necessary for me to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test, scoring a 60% (40 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, and around a 16 minute 2-mile run) before I could even see the OCS Board and begin basic training as a soldier.

This sounded strange to me, so I've been trying to find more information on this (really, somewhere that specifically lays out these requirements... at the time my recruiter wrote them down on a piece of paper) and what I was able to find according to this page is that taking the APFT is a requirement for current soldiers who are aiming to be officers, but not civilians.

Does anyone here know more about this?

Have you considered not joining the Army?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

Lastly, we all have tinnitus. ALL OF US. So sign on the line if you want to join the permanant EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE club.

This cannot be overstated.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Does anyone else have the thing where their hearing fades out, and then the ringing starts getting louder? Like loving around with two different volume sliders?

Follow-up: If yes, do you also get dizzy when it happens?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Valtonen posted:

As tankers hearing protection is completely optional everyone is deaf from day 2 onward anyway. I got funny looks wearing eyepro inside the bay when mechanics were groundstarting loving turbines in enclosed space. When I noted that hey, this building is way louder than live m9 range they Were like ”Oh, never realized it” and started wearing them too.

Ofc none of the mechanics do, so Ive seen 19-year old fresh outta basic tank mechanics fail hearing after less than 6 months in unit.

In fairness, if someone told me they were wearing eyepro because it's loud I'd give them a funny look too.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

Yes to the first part, no to the dizziness. I find it most often only happens in one ear at a time. But it's like the room suddenly gets quieter and quieter (it's almost a physical, tactile sensation) and the EEEEEEEEEEE just raises in volume to fill the silence.

I wonder if the dizziness is anything to worry about.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bird food bathtub posted:

I can't tell reality from a Duffle Blog article anymore.

Usually there's an element of humor to a Duffel Blog article.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

enlisted ripping their ACU crotch: lol check out my dick guess i gotta go to cif

being a noble and ripping my ACU crotch: god drat it there goes $40 also lol check out my dick

commission my dick from the back

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

rifles posted:

I'd have to do it twice down to pfc I'm not sure if I'm that talented.

We believe in you.

Just don't overshoot and get busted to pv2

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

DoktorLoken posted:

Why. You should get NCO trousers issued for free in the Reserve/Guard.

Supply will have them ready for him in three months probably.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
The FRACUs I was issued had weirdly short inseams, though.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Thump! posted:

The fact that the old OD nomex coveralls and tanker jackets are now specifically not allowed by regulation pisses me off to no end. On top of the loving horrid coveralls the Army issues now (which we had in the Marines too, they were just big brown burlap sacks basically) there is the FREE system, which falls apart if you so much as sneeze at it.

Why does the Army hate good stuff that works? :(

I didn't give back my tanker jacket.

Turns out it wasn't on my records anyway.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I remember when my wife started her ADOS orders and realized she had to wear ASUs to work most days (starting in the winter months). She started complaining about how her only options were either the shirt or the ASU coat, but nothing really in between that was appropriate for office wear.

I asked "want me to buy you the sweater?"

She said "what sweater?"

And that's how she learned about the Army's black pullover sweater.

I wish I could have bottled her reaction to learning there was an option between "be cold in shirtsleeves" and "uncomfortable uniform coat"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I just realized they might redo the sweater. Black sweater went fine with the greens. Went fine with the blues. Not sure how well it goes with pinks.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Naked Bear posted:

There's a sweater??

Two, a v-neck pullover and a cardigan.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Itchy_Grundle posted:

I haven't thought of the tanker jacket in years. I had to turn mine in since it was on the books (which was OK because it was pretty clapped out). I'd honestly buy one today if I could--I just did a quick google search but all it comes up with is reproduction WWII "Brad Pitt 'Fury'" jackets on eBay.

The correct term for it is CVC jacket.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Vahakyla posted:

No because my overprotective leadership is preventing me from jumping for at least one more month. Though they have been amazing the whole way, so can’t really complain. I did hurt during LARPing in the woods due to my body armor, but the pain was tolerable.

Pain is your body's way of telling you that you're an idiot.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Checks out

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

MaxPowers posted:

Couldnt find the new current events thread but I was on the pooper and it came to me and had to share it with you all.

ITS YA BOY SKINNY PENIS BACK AT IT AGAIN! GO TO INFOWARS.COM AND GET YOURSELF SOME OF THAT BONE BROTH AND FLORIDE FREE TOOTHPASTE! THERES A WAR OUT FOR YOUR MIND AND I NEED YOU TO BUY THAT SUPER MALE VITALITY AND BRAIN FORCE TO HELP FIGHT THESE CHICOM SATANIC DEMOCRAT PEDOPHILES THAT ARE TRYING TO RUIN THIS GREAT COUNTRY. THOSE COMMIES BARRACK HUSSAAAAANE OBAMA AND JOE BIDEN ARE OUT THERE RUNNING A SHADOW GOVERNMENT ATTEMPTING TO DESTABILIZE OUR GREAT NATION AND MAKE US LOOK LIKE FOOLS IN THE GLOBAL WAR GOING ON RIGHT NOW! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU, ONLY THE MONEY THAT YOU GIVE THEM! SO I NEED YOU TO GO AHEAD AND VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP THIS ELECTION AND KEEP THIS NATION GREAT! THANK YOU GOODNIGHT

I'll take my month probie tyvm.

I’ll make this easy: Stay out of GIP

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I got you guys a new tag for the thread

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Prepare this thread for a deployment to subforums unknown.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

WARNO: Gentlemen, you unit has been selected for deployment. The MEU will be touring security operations outside of GiP. Secure your racks, this ship will be moving.

This thread will deploy on 1APR2023 at a time to be determined (i.e. whenever an admin flushes the queue on that day). Your deployment schedule is as follows:

April - D&D
May - REDACTED
June - REDACTED
July - REDACTED
August - REDACTED
September - REDACTED
October - REDACTED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I got you guys a new thread for your deployment.