Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

I had a weird run, but saw a series of three chaplain's assistants get the boot, including a court-martial, for being a general failure at life, creeping on women at work nonstop, and banging his child bride in a way that his church was OK with, but the army was not.

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Our brigade chaplain and assistant were both pretty solid. The chaplain is who I talked to when I was thinking of eating a bullet, and he did everything right/by the book and got me somewhere to get some help :unsmith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my battalion chaplain asst was a super hot girl with something like 15 hello kitty tattoos

Jesus wasn’t the only one getting nailed, apparently :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

You used to be able to just skip through most of the content for SSD 1. I made a bit of money by doing it for people.

Wasn't it something like taking the url and putting '.certificate' or whatever the final web page is, and putting the person's name just before that?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

It's going to be nice to go on a family vacation and not have to provide a detailed itenerary and give an interview beforehand (once I get out). Sheesh.

The last vacation I went on was international, to get on a boat for a week and go scuba diving. I can only imagine the kind of paperwork hell that would require, only to get shot down and have a vacation fully ruined because of some dumbass chucklefuck that can't stand the thought of soldiers actually enjoying themselves in fun places while on leave.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

so who was found at fault

The only part of that equation that is under anyone's control: the soldier.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Army strong, everyone!

https://www.armywtfmoments.com/2018/03/82nd-airborne-g6-csm-charged-beating-girlfriend/

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Nobody likes a bright soldier.
Nobody.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

I have taken that class. You will not use any of the information from it. It will just cause your leadership to ask you why it isn't working and you won't know because it's almost always a connection issue or something only S6 can fix.

I took the same class. Everyone that took it ended up getting sent away from the line units, so nobody that actually took the class ended up in a position to use that “training” and nobody actually using the system had been trained on it. USARAK (at least 1/25) had to be one of the most comically mismanaged major commands in the army.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mods change my name posted:

I never even saw m50s except at the school house when they were xm50s. M40 most certainly were not though.

I had to argue with a retarded 1sg that they were lot numbers and he wouldnt believe me even though like 40 of my masks had the SAME number but he thought that was some trick I was trying to pull over on him??

I’m surprised he could even read, given how stupid you have to be to re-enlist multiple times

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

History lesson. The O-clubs used to have a sign that said "Officer's only and enlisted females".

Every now and again, I find a new something to hate about the army. Thanks, spacetoaster!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Make friends with supply first, and the armorer second. Everyone else is more or less optional.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mods change my name posted:

That seems like a great way to get super cancer

Still not as good as a burn-pit, though :smith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Holy gently caress

:catstare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

You do that by joining the military tbh.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Actually CGSC has a class that says if you schedule Friday afternoon meetings, you’re a damned idiot.

Most widely ignored guidance ever, imo

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

He can accept these nuts.

smdftb, all theway :patriot:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Steezo posted:

Cut it out of the Sgt Majors chest and weigh it on a scale against a feather Anubis style?

Anubis would skip the scale part, SNCO’s are all pre-judged and left to rot in hell (where people walk on the grass with their hands in their pockets).

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McNally posted:

I always knew it could have been worse.

Words I thought I would never see you type :stare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mustang posted:

The Northeastern part of Yakima training center is fun as hell to VC a stryker through. Tons of trails through rolling hills.

Strykers are actually pretty fun to VC anywhere, except for when it's cold as balls outside and raining or snowing. Or it's really dry and you get plastered with dust.

It can be kind of sketchy at night though when you can't see poo poo.

Being a VC for a Stryker in a winter gunnery (late March-ish, I think?) in AK was one of my least-favorite army experiences.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Aranan posted:

It's still nice being out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Retardog posted:

The Army just approved the new PT test to start October 2020. I'll believe it when I see the equipment roll in. Also, RIP everyone's backs

those were already broken by rucksack runs, hth

:smith:

e: loving :lol:

quote:

Deadlift between 120 and 420 pounds, depending on the individual soldier. You must do three reps in five minutes.
Two-minute rest.
Standing power throw. You’ll be required to toss a 10-pound medicine ball overhead and backward. You’ll have three minutes to make one practice throw and two for a grade. The longest distance is recorded.
Two-minute rest.
Hand-release push-ups. You lower your chest to the floor and lift your hands off the ground between each rep. You’ll be required to do the most reps in three minutes.
Two-minute rest.
Sprint-drag-carry. In four minutes, you will go 25 meters out and 25 meters back five times. Each iteration will include a different activity: sprint, drag a sled, run a lateral shuffle, carry two 40-pound kettle bells, then sprint again.
Two-minute rest.
Leg tuck. You will be required to hang from a pull-up bar and with your body parallel, then pull knees to your elbows for as many reps as possible in two minutes.
Five-minute rest.
Two-mile run on a track or a paved, level road, with a 20-minute maximum.

Source: https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/07/09/a-new-army-pt-test-is-on-its-way-this-is-not-a-drill/