Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

White Chocolate posted:

“Hey S4 can you get us ammunition for tomorrow?”

“☹️ I’ll ask around but we won’t have ammunition till we were supposed to fire next Saturday.”- me, thinking of who I need to call to arrange this outlandish exchange and how impossible this will be

"I'm sorry, but TAMIS is acting up, I'll do what I can."
"Let me call the ASP, but they typically need an appointment to draw ammo"
"We are low on training ammo account and need to laterally transfer some. This will take a few days."

If you actually want to get it done, talk to the SPO if you have one. More than likely your ASP is gonna have dumb rules that you are gonna need to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Serves them right imo. Why the gently caress would you build an operating system off of Vista? I never saw that poo poo replaced or upgraded.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

It's really awkward having to farewell someone at a hail and farewell when you have nothing genuinely nice about the person because they were next to useless and lazy. But I'm stuck with it because they worked for me.

This is probably why i didnt get one tbh.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

Just be happy knowing that all the underlings that aren't there are happy that all of their leadership is gone. That's the best gift a leader can give: the gift of their absence.

That reminds me that I never got an ETS award. I hope someone got in trouble for that.

Join the club

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

I’m at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort on an Army paid trip. It’s pretty fucken sweet place and Zugspitze is gorgeous.

Yup. Been there more times than I can count. Go to the Partnach Gorge if you can.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

We want to but might run out of time. Summiting Zugspitze tomorrow with train. We are already planning a longer trip here to see the Partnach Gorge, and my wife hasn’t seen Neuswchanstein Castle either.

Take the ski Chalet. Dont take the train. The ski chalet is way better.

Theres also something called a Sommerroddlebahn which is basically a luge track. Lots of fun

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Food poisoning from Safeway chicken

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

All the alternate events were made by testing people who were proficient at that event already.

gently caress the walk. I would rather run. You know how loving hard it is to walk that goddamn fast?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My recurring dream is having to call home and explain I got deployed on the way to pick up pizza.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh poo poo Ive had the no cover one too! It always apears tied to 550 cord and to something else.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

EBB posted:

Don't get a bus license. Never, ever get a bus license.

This.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I remember getting my bags and wearing my PC in the garrison beret days and having some dumb gently caress E7 with no goddamn combat patch screaming at me for wearing it in garrison. Our CG instructed it for reverse srp. I literally got off the loving bus and was in the barracks though.

Im so glad Im out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I would have done it.

I also was told to sit and do nothing and strove strive to look busy. Fun fact, CSGO looks like staying busy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

poo poo they just made everybody walk through the gauntlet at Ft. Sill's reception unit

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I got a herniated disk and lower back pain and never jumped.

Except sick kickflips at the local skatepark my rad amigos

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Suck a dick Army

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

We've had the same CSM for like 2 and a half years. When the hell is this guy going to leave.

Getting tired of his dumb old man knee jerk reactions to everything. "One or two guys did something wrong? Punish the whole unit to make sure it doesn't happen again."

But of course it happens again. There's hundreds of people in the BN.

I bet he will still be the CSM when I sign out on ETS leave in May.

From my experience in Corps level HHC units, he won't leave. He will get shuffled around section to section until he goes to a school or retires. We had a good idea fairy CSM who was so fat he couldn't even zip up his goddamn top. He deployed with us and stayed with us for 4+ years until I left. No idea how much longer he stayed but he had been there before I showed up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hey cool. You have a dead guy inside you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Selfless service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Carteret posted:

Just L O L if you can still be recalled.