Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Steezo posted:

It's this. Those pens work in seconds, not minutes. That cashier is probably involved in a stupid laundering scheme and the investigator is either an idiot, or in on it.

It's the Army so its definitely incompetence. Lol if the so-called investigator somehow misses a money laundering scheme and tries to nail some poor dude's wife so he can feel like a big shot detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

I had a butterbar get super upset after I pointed out we have trucks in Afghanistan and we won't be running everywhere when he tried to motivate us to keep running during PT by saying poo poo like, "When we're in Afghanistan and have to go an extra mile we won't be able to just quit!"

This always made me laugh because I always imagined a bunch of dudes Mogadishu Miling it the gently caress up somewhere under fire and everyone just falls out and starts puking while shaking their fist in the air lamenting the fact they didn't PT hard enough and now they're going to die for being weak distance runners.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I have an extra vertebrae as well and am also left handed and double jointed maybe I should be a circus performer

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

we had eyes on the entire geronimo SF company (as in all of them, in one place, with even more guerillas) at JRTC for about 45 minutes and our fire mission took an hour and a half to go through because the battery got hit by chemical weapons or they were all eating lunch welp thats my JRTC is dumb story

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Going on 3 years of being out, my IRR time is up in December and it's a little surreal.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

God yes they can't get me without a waiver

I work for the federal govt, do I get a get out of jail free card too

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hell, I think it looks great. Though it would be nice to go more than 7 years without replacing uniforms. Something about the shoes though, like they're too bright of a leather shade.

Maroon/green oval office caps?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Next they need a blouse that's actually fitted around the waist so it doesn't drape like a goddamn trash bag so soldiers can actually look barrel chested and not frumpy dumps.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

tucking the sides of your patrol cap down to make your hat look cool (i refuse to use the term ranger roll) is highly illegal and we would get yelled at so i made a point to poof the middle up as much as possible so it looked really, really dumb

i'm a big fan of the beret though especially the maroon beret with OCP, im a dum dum

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I can't really scoff at someone with cateyes on their PC if they actually use it for its intended purpose, especially at Bragg where it isn't even standard armyhat

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We would sometimes. It's actually more of a tell that someone has gone to ranger school, thinking about it you can't really use NODs with a pc anyway without a skullcrusher and we would just wear boonies in that case so ymmv, mostly dudes too lazy/hooah to cut them off after ranger.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ashmole posted:

NMMI is one of these weird schools that let you get a commission in 2 years right? But then you have to finish school to keep it? Such a dumb idea.

4ID just issued a policy barring cellphones from the field. We also have to wear IOTVs now instead of plate carriers. This is right before a 3 week field problem.

I wanna know what the rationale behind pushing IOTVs over plate carriers are beyond "they got big kevlar inserts so they're safer". Troop mobility is equally as important for survivability. Makes as much sense as forcing everyone to wear elbow pads because it's better to be safe than risk people hurting their drat elbows.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Plate carriers are issued now, I got one (soldier plate carrier system, we used the chest rig portion by itself to jump in with 3 mags for combat jumps) for our Afghanistan deployment we never went on in 2013 and my unit went to Iraq just after I got out in 2014 to train the Iraqi Army and they all used their Afghanistan RFI. Dudes being forced to use IOTVs in 2017 is just lol

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

In the argument of olive drab beret vs tradition I think the "leave the green beret alone" wins because it's such a tremendously gay army thing to stand up a unit like SFAB and give them notgreen berets

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I do the jerk off motion so hard to anyone who says EIB is hard, I witnessed about 10 guys just get walked through to the end of a lane and signed off no questions asked without even doing the event. Can you run and ruck? Congrats you got an EIB.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mustang posted:

Now that I've had a day to stew on it, I'm loving livid. The odds of getting my buddies to all take vacation at the same time and come out here are pretty loving low, but I finally managed it for this Christmas. They could have hosed me out of literally any other block leave period and I would be a little butt hurt but I'd get over it.

I know I bitch a lot in this thread but I don't bitch at all around anyone I work with or for. Pretty much all my venting goes into this thread.

I work hard, long hours and get a lot of poo poo done and just say "roger, I'll figure it out" when given more and more poo poo to do. I never miss work or leave early because of family bullshit like the married guys do. I've never asked for a 4 day pass while everyone else is working.

It's 7 loving days this year I thought were protected because it falls on block leave but instead the Army is just like "Great job Mustang, thanks for the hard work, have this giant steaming turd!"

Sure I get comped block leave at a "date to be determined" but who loving cares? Block leave when all my friends and family are back at work? I'm single so it's not like I have dependents I can drag around.

lmao gently caress you for being in the army hahaha you are never going to get comped block leave owned enjoy working over christmas idiot!!!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not to break up the suckfest, but I have a very strange question.
A soldier forces two Red Cross workers in a marked civilian vehicle, to take an injured local national child (not wounded through action, got hosed up in an accident) to the hospital at gunpoint. Is that a war crime?

why would someone have to hold the red cross at gunpoint to take an injured child to a hospital :psyduck:

pretty sure that constitutes a war crime but i'm not a lawyer

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I wish we had some goons that are civilian workers for CIF or something that can give insight as to why..... it is how it is exactly. They're all loving pricks and are rear end backwards to the point it might be on purpose.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

what even is running, all I ever do is weightlifting :smug:

also no matter what you do to "fix" PT attitudes, units will always have some bullshit 290 STANDARD!!!!! and make you do remedial PT even if you have a decent but not perfect score.

The concept of remedial PT is asinine anyway (for most units) if your unit is doing PT every morning anyway. So they aren't in shape doing the PT the unit is doing... so the solution is to make them do the same PT only twice a day?

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 4, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

love to be referred to as employee in the army with a job code and department

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kinda funny we're reaching a point where what was probably pretty neat a long rear end time ago (VBS poo poo) is now seen as lame garbage and worse for training than what you can get off Steam.

Though I will say, EST with the special zombie/ivan/terrorist shooting range is pretty drat fun. pttttttSHUNK pttttttSHUNK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm officially 100% out of the military, got my little certificate with a crease in it saying I'm out of the IRR

have fun in korea and/or iran fuckers!!!!