Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

If you have a venture capitalist in your Stryker do they become the VC?

What if he used to be in the Viet Cong? Is he then the ex-VC VC VC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

On other news, remember when I whined in this thread about wanting to go to Italy as my AB option and you guys told me I'm poo poo out of luck but I might as well email my branch manager?

Well today she respnded, months later. She decided to help me, and my ERB projects Caserma Ederle 173rd in there.
I loving nearly died, as did my wife. So thanks for the advice, sometimes the Army does you a nice.

The board was today, so I'll know later about that flight medic stuff results, but now I can go to Italy to do summadat grunt poo poo while my wife cruises with the Mustang along the mediterranean.

:feelsgood:

Lmao get hosed the 173d is only slightly less gay than the 82d. Grunt poo poo is stupid and so are you if you do it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Also lmao if you get stuck on Ederle instead of Del Din. I hope you enjoy lovely old barracks with fucktard roommates

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

hosed up thing to say about his wife :v:

He'll be a geo-bachelor for a while. That was my experience with every married guy that was stationed at Ederle.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

So where can I find the six letter unit codes? My 173rd sub unit is "WARJ1A" and Googling points out it is "one of the 173rd units". I am like well yes, but which one?

It doesn't matter what it says until you get there. It still won't matter.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If you get onto 1-503 try to be medic for D Co. They're heavy weapons and do everything from a truck. Trust me, it's a much better way to do the grunt poo poo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

On a similar but somewhat different note, I would take light over mech any loving day of the week.

My whole infantry experience is from heavy weapons in airborne units. It's so nice being able to store your poo poo in trucks and ride around while warm and dry when everyone else in Hohenfels is wet and cold.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Obstacle2 posted:

I think he means 2 SBCT in 2nd ID out of Ft Lewis. You know, the post that got exposed for overturning people's PTSD diagnoses just before all the kill team poo poo came out.

Lmao I think Mike-o already knows that

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

As far as Big Army dickings go, I got off pretty light.

I'd hate to see what you consider a hard dicking

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I prefer the commander's discretion version

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

I'll allow this as an excuse for all kinds of poo poo, tbh

:same:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

lol

http://www.ncoguide.com/milper/c-and-r-device-military-awards.html

full text (PDF): http://www.ncoguide.com/files/c-and-r-device.pdf

Basically most awards can now get a V for valor, C for combat, and/or R for REMF

There are going to be some loving stupid looking ARCOMs and AAMs out there.

Hahahaha there are about to be a whole lot of pissy command teams

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

The saga continues. :sigh:

I'm just waiting for the HBO adaptation

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

I wish I could climb trees still.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck man I wish I could, too

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

A is for airborne you little piece of poo poo.

A is for Ranger.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

Hey there Josaphine.

Is that a cadence? I'm not familiar with it. It must be an old persons cadence

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

80s James Hetfield posted:

Can someone do a quick summary and tell me what changed from when I got out (2004) to being in now ITYOOL 2017?

Yall need to check emails?!

I'd love to spend a week following a soldier around just to see what life is like.

I was in May 2000 to May 2004. 95B, Pre 9/11 Army was the best Army, I know there are some fellow old farts out there besides me

The biggest difference between then and now is everyone has a smart phone.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Food trucks are still a racket on Bragg

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Vahakayla. He's going Airborne. The 173rd, although not 82nd gay, is still super gay. He may not have been assigned to an infantry battalion, but that just means they'll be extra gay to make up for the fact.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

I just think that I'll look hella cool with that maroon hat, is all. My wife agrees that Vicenza looks hella cool.

It can be. Don't go out with the Joes. Avoid Blue, Kiss Kiss, Boys, and Luxor. Try to not get stabbed by a Moroccan. Do go to Lake Garda and Jesolo. Travel as much as possible as often as possible.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Finnish dude joins the US military and gets sent to Italy. Or Germany, because I think most of their units are actually in Germany at this point.

Back in 2013 the 173d consolidated everything in Vicenza, actually. I think Vahakayla will be at the new base, Caserma Del Din. He will, however, spend a lot of time training in Germany. Pretty much no training can be done in Italy because of Italian law and the only range that allows heavy weapons is on the Mediterranean coast. If it's too windy the Italians won't let you shoot, and it's often windy at that range. Instead, the training is done at Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels at JMRC, and includes a lot of training with European allies. While I was there it was pretty typically a month in Italy and then a month in Germany.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

gimme sum of dat grunt poo poo y'all

Surprised nobody made that his av

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Hell, we've been there. Wasn't it in War/Restrepo where the CSM's son was killed on their first day in the valley?

Wasn't first day but yeah, that happened, albeit the son was at a different base. Wanna say it was overrun.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I have a pair of the multicam combat pants I keep for hiking trips because they're comfy and have lots of pocket space. I'm such a loving tool :negative:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

I would just stuff my pants into my boots I didn't give a gently caress

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

yeah lmao i remember "saddam got captured" being a big deal for some reason on bct week one

like yeah boys we did it

Bin Laden got killed in like week five of my OSUT. The drill sergeant came in, wrote it on the board, and left without waking anyone up, which was nice.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

:laffo:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

That's the thing, it's poo poo that might take 2 weeks tops at most duty stations but ends up being a loving month for us because of land reservations

LMAO bro just be glad you aren't in the 173d and you have to go to a different country to do any training

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Combat companion

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Steezo posted:

is that the PC term for field wife or what?

I'm just trying to come up with other alliterative phrases for battle buddy.

Fighting friend.

Assault associate.

Wartime workmate.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

If there's only one survivor, then there's only one story. :colbert:

That's kinda like the truth.

You'd think, but Lone Survivor proves otherwise

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

The narrative in facebook memays is that he quit the army completely because Obama hates America, and now joined because he loves Trump so much.

What a pussy

Muh safe space!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

So there was some exercise on post, still not sure exactly what it was for but we were tasked to support it so we had to drop our YTC prep, get everyone kitted up, draw weapons, load up our strykers and be redcon 1. Fortunately our CO got us out of it somehow, were told to stand down before we started drawing weapons.

:bisonyes:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Triggs posted:

I'm really hoping the budget issue is going to put a halt to the 101st's WEEEEEEEEEEEEK OF THE EAGLE but who am I kidding.

Can't stop tradition

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

Pissed myself on the 24 mile ruck at the end of infantry OSUT because I couldn't step off and piss really quick without falling behind. Didn't matter because I was drenched in sweat from head to toe anyway. It's surprisingly hard to take a piss while walking/jogging.

GiP piss party club.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

Makes me glad all I had to do to get my GOLD spurs and stetson was get shot at in IraqAfghanistan while attached to some cav unit. :smuggo:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

i'mma get me some of dat RADCLIFFE poo poo tonight boyz

Wait are you doing Harry Potter role play?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

I got 173rd.

For now. Wait until you PCS from there to either Alaska or Bragg. Heads up though, it's going to be Bragg. Just be thankful that a few years back they changed Italy to a three year duty station for everyone. If you like it there you can always reenlist to stay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

milk milk lemonade posted:

Is Italy a good post? I don't recall ever meeting anyone who had been there

It's still the army so everything army is gay and dumb, but there are plenty of American and Italian holidays that are observed so there's a lot of three and four day weekends that you can put in passes for and get the gently caress away from Vicenza and enjoy Europe. But it's still super gay because army.