Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You are being counseled for snickering while you were reviewing the previous counseling statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Solo running lacks the olfactory charm of a hungover formation run occasionally interspersed with lapping the DFAC.

rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. Bacon! rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end. rear end...

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The trick with Korea is to have a makework mos (say 46 series) and get assigned to garrison duty where the weekend safety brief is "we're cool so long as you show up on-time and reasonably sober."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

Today I heard the dumbest thing I've heard in AIT.

There is a poo poo ton of waiting at the DFAC here like I've bitched in this thread, but today we watched when delta company took forever because they only used less than half of the serving lines in the building. Our PSG asked their's why and the dude said "it's our company policy that they have to earn the right to use all lines in the DFAC".

It's not like they were avoiding short order with fast food, they were also avoiding half of the main order lines. They literally go slow in an already jam packed DFAC. While one company is in line, no other company can proceed to the empty ones either.

I am amazed. 400 privates through 2 serving lines takes a while.

The DFAC at Fort Meade was right next to the company area and our drill sergeants tended to treat it as theirs for the purpose of private abuse. One morning our most sourpuss drill sergeant was interupted mid-tantrum by a soft "Excuse me, Drill Sergeant, may I speak to you outside for a moment?" The voice belonged to a Marine E-8 who was seated in a back corner. They both walked out in complete silence and the door closed. Then we heard the Marie's half of the conversation, which passed straight through the concrete walls. It was the most glorious, vulgar and oddly specific dressing down I've ever heard. It was sufficiently vicious that DS Sourpuss took a week's leave afterward.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

White dress my rear end. Everyone knows the first marriage is for BAH.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Yeah I can have a retired ID card and I haven't bothered. I still have my expired AD cac card that I use for lowes discounts which is the only place I've ever even bothered to associate with the military iRL. 10% of a new appliance is worth the shame and awkward "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE"

The VA identification card also works for that discount. After the GI bill, its probably the benefit I've gotten the most use out of.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I was in a small career field, but 1. Not being a dick and 2. Dumb luck can take you wondrous places.

5 minute drive to an MWR beach on the actual Italian Riviera. 40 minutes to Florence. Almost all the housing was out in the economy. I rented a room in a loving castle overlooking a vineyard.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

A warrant friend of mine was recently told that "women dress the way they do because they want attention" and that women are fine with topless beaches so it's hypocritical to complain when men stare at thier tits.

Why yes this was a certified SHARP instructor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I cleared my last active CIF with the regular guy on leave and a completely clueless guy filling in. It was glorious.

Me: yeah, that's wrong. I was never issued a Kevlar.

Him: oh okay then, I'll just cross it off the sheet then.

I assume it was some last minute retention scam to trick me into thinking the Army was cool and reasonable.