Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The silks and waffles are good in a pinch, but really there's a lot better poo poo out there. I'd sell them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They tried it at Benning but there's too many locals that come on to base that just told the dudes in uniform to gently caress off.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I remember one sergeant who had just over a year left on his contract, was thinking of reupping, and came down on orders to Polk. He then made a dec statement, and told the reenlistment NCO to eat a dick. I've never been but that reaction was enough for me.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I had a real turd of a first sergeant for a while and he convinced the CO to stick it to a dude for drat near the exact situation(got some Vicodin for a thrown out back while on leave). Thankfully Joe had been around the block once or twice and when they called him in he just said "JAG".

Once they got involved nothing got heard about it again because it was loving stupid.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just assume anything that has grunt, an MOS of any kind, or any other military marketing buzzword in it is just trash poo poo for trash people.

Yeah sure there might be an exception but I'm not wasting my time searching through the dung pile for a golden needle that may not even exist.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Probably needs coverage for 5 years worth of TBI that he can't afford.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hes been mmaing for a lot longer than 5 years

Yeah I don't know anything about him I just saw half a decade and went with it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Does that mean he rolls back in as an E4 and has to go through selection again?

Because holy poo poo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Huh, did not know that.

I assume that they deploy so much they might as well be active.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Mbison yessssssssss

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, only the worst moto boner dickhead is gonna raise a stink about not making GBS threads yourself.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahahaha goddamn

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Most combat arms poo poo is dumb as gently caress but tanker tradition dictates steak and eggs after table 6 or 8 or whatever it is.

And not that bogus dfac bullshit either.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Being a forced reclass to a scout and not knowing a thing about any of their garbage, my response to their saying I need to get some tanker knockoff boots and a dumb hat and some other poo poo totalling up like nearly a grand was "ha! Are you out of your loving mind" did not make for an easy transition.

Also asking the question "what the gently caress is fiddler's green" I might as well have hosed myself in the rear end with a crucifix.

To be honest I still don't know if it's army thing or a scout thing but fiddler's green sounds like a child molesters golf course.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's these odd looking boots with straps that are similar to a tanker boot but there's 2 or 3 straps and are a calf length boot. I dunno, I didnt buy that garbage. They were at least 150 by themselves. Then they wanted me to buy a a loving 400 dollar hat. Theres a few different types around but there were people who bought that expensive poo poo. And then unit PTs. And the ASU flair. And because of the push for 100% spur ride garbage good luck having a sponsor pay for it.

Screw buying that poo poo, I was dumb enough to do a Manchu mile so screw that spur ride poo poo too.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Being a tanker with a tanker BC owns bones because the old Friday road march is done driving down the road in your rig.

Outta the way crunchies! Hahahahaha that was only for like 3 months and then off to infantry stupidity and then off to scouts gently caress my life.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'd like to point at that dude who's gonna have a 3 week hangover is pretty pro. No clothes to destroy with poo poo piss or vomit, keeping cool thanks to the tub, and on his side so he doesn't​ choke on his own vomit. The only problem is he forgot to take the plug out

Assuming he lives to end of the year he'll go far.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They could dump the deployment patch if they dumped the unit patch and those stupid patches of velcro on the sleeves and I don't think anyone except serious motoboners would care.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I got presented a PT badge in Korea in company formation like it was an ARCOM or some such poo poo.

Then got smoked because I didn't know what it was.

Then never wore it, because people who wore them all looked like boners.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I could deal with army PT just being a waste of time. Nearly everything else in the army is so why not keep it consistent.

But nope, that poo poo will gently caress you up, and the army as whole has known forever, and there's poo poo published on DTIC since the 80s that says drat near everything is loving stupid.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What is that thing he's riding? Some kind of formula 1 rascal?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My sole experiences with chief have seen one step outside a building, sans hat, with coffee mug in hand, see a single solitary cloud in the sky and say "nup, not flying today"

That and seeing the elusive CW5 in a pair hanging out at Yongsan looking like they enjoy life.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Don't trust anyone who has a high and tight

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pffft I went through basic with several dudes with lower scores than that, just sit tight for a surge and the waivers will fly free.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

That's good to hear because my GPA was like a 2.8 something.

I'll be like 32ish by the time I can go to grad school, unless I get out next summer.

Get out as soon as possible. Every day you risk some mongoloid running you over in a humvee, your back or knees that you thought were fine giving out, basically the million ways that the military can grind you up because of all the stupid people.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's just a lot of good looking people in general in Seattle. It's a pretty nice place.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My old first sergeant's reaction to that was pretty good:

"you got enough time to bitch about a red mark, then you've got enough time to go catch them and bring them back"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Don't forget you get to call yourself a "paratrooper" and try to pretend that you didn't just sit a 2 week school that any retard can pass.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

DoktorLoken posted:

I'm just lolling at the idea of airborne x-ray techs.

They can x-ray their own spinal injury.

You know, assuming they can move.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's amazing how the army manages to gently caress up something that you can do for 90 dollars in an afternoon with very little chance of any injury at all.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hahahahah, exactly.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Some CSM somewhere would smell you out by the lack of misery and then crawl up his commander's rear end about poo poo like discipline and combat readiness and there you are at formations at 4 in the morning.

I'm not saying it'd bite you tomorrow, but as time goes on the chances of getting that army dong approaches certainty.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That story doesn't surprise me at all as 25th ID (I think) made a pregnant soldier do fireman carries until she miscarried.

And if you think my description may be an exaggeration look it up. It's worse.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And here I thought the army couldn't get more gay... but it's gotten less gay than before? Honestly shocked.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I found the key to being issued a weapon and ammo for bullshit purposes is to never actually chamber a round. Throw the mag in with rounds, don't cycle the bolt.

Proceed to find some place to nap.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just wait until the E2 that packed your chute while high as gently caress on spice and 2 hours sleep for the week turns you into a lawn dart.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Goddamn I didn't even get that much moto time.

The first morning of PT in basic and they are showing us the various PRT exercises and after doing the bend and reach I just stood there and thought "what the gently caress have I done"

Icon Of Sin posted:

I thought there was one about an army e6 doing something similar and getting caught/court-martialed over it, but I can't find it.

I seem to remember it being at Benning if that helps your search.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
To be honest I can't imagine a single job that wouldn't be immensely better than doing the same but ARMY.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
God drat. Didn't the checkout people at the PX ever say anything to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've had my nose broken a bunch of times so good luck me not snoring.

My wife said it got worse in the army though, don't know what the gently caress that's about.