Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's some Jerry Springer poo poo right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's not gonna be a lot of individuals who max out all the events.

Not that that's important, who gives a rats rear end about the 2 mile.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You already know the answer to that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Situps have probably ruined a million spines, sounds like they've just got a lot of catching up to do.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, what sounds like a leisurely jog is probably not a lot of fun after that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Or that weird push up people do where they rock their body back and forth like they are sucking a horse dick

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Guys, you're forgetting the potential for serious butthurt when women out deadlift men.

Portect are male troops

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Tank driver's seat best army bed.

Reclined, head rest, you've got control of the heater and can even divert fuel to the heater fuel tank from the main so you'll never go cold. Just wake up every 3 or 4 hours to charge the batteries back up, which nagging nancy will conveniently remind you of.

And your tank broes sleep on the back deck, above the gas turbine so if they get cold you can just crank it up for them and get them warm again.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
When you have literally no accountability for labor hours and you don't give the slightest gently caress about the people that you have prison power over, why would you not abuse those pieces of poo poo?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

vas I keep reading your posts and I'm half inspired to start applying for federal gigs in DC.

It does sound very, very satisfying

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You got that TBI?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If they gave me a statement of charges I'd call the MPs to report a theft. Prime suspects being the people who gave me the statement of charges because they saw it, knew whose it was, and knew that it went missing.

You can waste me time but I'm gonna waste yours.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Nope. Throwing out a statement of charges is a hard core dick move when nothing is actually missing. It's also dishonest, fraudulent, and if it's an official document I'd dare say it's illegal.

You can pick any punishment in the world, yet they burn up all that time to be the biggest dicks they possibly can. Showing everyone that leadership lives just to gently caress them.

But if that's your expectations on what should happen, then by all means, carry on.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think he means that they got those titanium receivered fiddies that don't have headspace and timing adjustment.

Saw a couple before I got out.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ahhh, you got to see the first ones as well I see.

They were a red hot mess when they came out, because whoever was manufacturing them decided to not use the exact alloy as was specified, and chose a slightly different (but of course cheaper) alloy which then of course cracked under use.

Last I heard was that they were just fine now, but I don't really look into that kind of poo poo any more, so they could be all garbage still.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The bike is way easier than the swim. That swim is fuckin' insane.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, the stationary bike is no problem as long as you've had a bit of training with it.

First time I did it I got to go to the gym and do bike stuff for a month or so, and the actual test was easy as poo poo.

Didn't bother doing any bike stuff and the next PT test was way too close for comfort.

So much better than pounding your knees into dust on a paved road though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

To be fair the switch to ASU's and ACU's were awful decisions.

I'm still amazed that the ACU's got blessed off somehow.

Oh, hey, I remember the somehow. I asked the same question and did a bit of research on the matter. It doesn't really matter now but the story is so army it fuckin' hurts.

Basically the job of finding a new uniform, pattern, and colors went to Natick. They had a huge team of expert coming up with all these combinations, testing the balls off everything, different fabrics, durability, camouflaginess, durability, everything. I wanna say the whole thing cost over a hundred million or something equally ridiculous. Test production runs, the whole thing, this poo poo was literally weeks away from getting the big tick.

So everyone was feeling good about what they considered a successful project and an absolutely amazing end product. The 2 star in charge of Natick just comes into the office one day, with some materials, patterns, some color swatches, and a camo design that they already determined to be bad. He says something with the general gist being "I don't give a gently caress what you make, it needs to combine these things on this desk." There's a huge uproar but the 2 star says I don't give a gently caress, do it or you are all fired for insubordination.

So off it goes, and at this point the program is too expensive and can't be seen as a failure, so they push out the ACUs and they get the approval of the Natick 2 star and off they go.

2 weeks later the Natick commander retires and goes directly to the board of directors of a major textile company who are the major suppliers of the components of the ACUs.

In other words, gently caress you if you're still in.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

McNally posted:

I didn't give back my tanker jacket.

Turns out it wasn't on my records anyway.

Mine was :(. Not that I'd have ever worn it again, but it gave me fond memories of field grade officers gettin' hella mad when I used to stroll around in that bitch with an M9 in a drop leg and my beanie during field exercises with that spec rank on lookin' like as baller as you can be in the regular army. Fuckin' colonels jealous as gently caress about my get up.

That and my wife loved the thing because it was warm and comfortable but not hundreds of dollars warm and comfortable.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I haven't had a single army where's my hat or whatever dream and all it cost me was severe brain injury.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Being a forced reclass to a big dumb scout I told them straight up I don't know what the deal with the weird hat and spurs is but if you want me to wear it, you're going to have to issue it, and I'm not doing basic 2.0 to get them.

They were super mad but not as mad as the day I said "what the gently caress is fiddler's green?"

The only piece of flair I bought like that were tanker boots but they were super comfortable.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

bulletsponge13 posted:

My favorite thing the Cav ever did beaides try to kill me/get me killed,

My tank was a second from putting a 120mm sabot into a bradley full of scouts when a brand new butter bar came tearing rear end out into a tank live fire gunnery. Gunner had already had him lazed but thankfully realized what the gently caress he was and threw the gun up and screamed out cease fire.

Scouts must've heard about it because later when I was a scout on they tried to kill me with their bad driving.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pffft, I'm out so I don't give a gently caress

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Huh, looks like you can skip over orientation then.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Give it to counter intel who wont give the slightest poo poo about who it is as it'll all just be numbers belonging to people they don't know.

For reals though I think just some faceless number thumping for financial health could potentially be a great idea, because holy poo poo like I want some 19 year old dickhead corporal making life and death decision for me when he's just dropping every cent on juicy girls (again).

Or someone is so in debt that they have no option but to steal. Or someone living so high on the hog that they are probably selling drugs, or guns, or whatever on the side. Or someone spending thousands on military special a month, or stockpiling guns and ammo but somehow doing it while living in the barracks.

gently caress, you could even give preferential duty stations to those with good credit scores, or at the very least people who don't have a history of bad decisions.

Giving it to some fuckin' barely literate idiot NCO in your unit he is probably the worst fuckin' offender, however, is just no bueno.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Wasabi the J posted:

but I'm worried that it's not a good enough reason to stay.

It's not.

It's cool that they want you now, but when they decide they don't then you're just a piece of poo poo short timer.

They'll find someone to fill your slot, they always do. The military isn't gonna collapse because one dude left.

Run home. Be free.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Vasudus posted:

I'm actually going to be pushing for site visits + interviews + observations for probably mid-late 2019. That kind of poo poo is exactly in my domain because muscular-skeletal issues from training is a high priority concern.

The only real way I see that happening is actually force a limit on how much dudes can ruck and run, and getting rid of the ridiculous morning PT that is just 90 minutes of bone grinding in the cold.

And that ain't gonna happen.

I like the idea though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

mods changed my name posted:

you cant put a price on tradition, Vasudus

Triggered

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

A big priority in 7th ID is sending dudes to the divisions warrior athlete program. Most of the students are SGTs and SPC team leaders. The idea is that these guys then go back to their units and develop physical training programs that promote functional fitness and prevent injuries. I don't know about you guys but I have never once seen anyone other than SFCs and SSGs create PT plans. Sure a SGT or SPC might take lead during stretching or doing pull up drills or whatever but they definitely didn't create the plan.

Right now something like 5 dudes per company within 7th ID are required to have this training but few if any of them are in any position to actually change anything in their units.

They should take away the ability of SFCs and SSGs being able to create PT plans unless they've been through some kind of fitness training. Just because it's the way they've always done PT doesn't mean its the right way.

The same NCO's that create squad competitions involving flipping tires across a field as fast as possible will then turn around and wonder "Why the gently caress do we have so many profiles?" Of course 3 out of your 4 SSGs have some kind of permanent profile themselves anyway, likely from a decade of doing stupid poo poo for PT.

I've never seen any kind of PT plan implemented ever.

Unless that plan is "what the dude in charge of formation wants to do today, but god help you if it isn't PRT"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You got high enough up friends you're drat near invincible.

We had some dude come over from ranger batt and got a felony domestic violence conviction and couldn't touch a gun anymore, but he knew someone and there he was at battalion, an E8 who could never handle a weapon again.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Try the immigration vaccines that they give you all at once. Every single one.

I went from the doctor's office, paid at the counter, went out to the car and my wife could feel my fever through my jeans when I sat in the car. I was hosed for nearly 48 hours.

Then the army wouldn't accept my paperwork so gave me the full round again. That was a little bit rough. Then they lost my paperwork so when we were getting ready for korea it was another full vaccine special, the anthrax and typhoid. By that time might as well just be popping aspirin, the tism must've been in full control by then.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sounds like its time to catch up on sleep

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Intel would never touch the scout poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012