Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mustang posted:

So is the SGM academy just to teach CSMs how to ruin everything? Everything they say is bad and loving sucks.

Morale would improve just by getting rid of every CSM in the Army.

OPS SGMs are generally good though, which is weird.

Shockingly, the biggest piece of poo poo CSM I ever saw was just coming off of being the commandant for the academy. Sure it's a great idea to have people standing outside waiting on chow for like half an hour, but so help me God if I find any of you wearing fleece caps... No, I don't give a poo poo that it's below freezing. What the gently caress is frostbite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I know I've probably asked before but how in the gently caress do you not have extreme explosive anger issues, McNally?

Christ. At least I was able to crush the retarded dreams of someone the other day by pulling up your posting history.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

6 months later...

Mustang posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS BULLSHIT I'VE BEEN TO NTC, JRTC, AND 3 TIMES TO YAKIMA
MY PLATOON HAS HAD 15 DUIS, 6 RAPES, A HOOKER MURDER, AND A COKE RING BUST
I HAVEN'T BEEN HOME IN 5 MONTHS AND THE NEXT PERSON TO TALK ABOUT COMP TIME IS SUCK-STARTING MY M9

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

not caring here posted:

I'm pretty sure I've said it before but the military is a cross between the Milgrim experiment and the Stanford Prison experiment rolled into one.

Except that if you say no or refuse to participate you go to jail.

YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE SIGNING UP FOR!

Except no, you really don't. If anyone actually did, there wouldn't be enough (debatably) smart people in the military to even have a brain drain.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

6 months later...

Mustang posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS BULLSHIT I'VE BEEN TO NTC, JRTC, AND 3 TIMES TO YAKIMA 
MY PLATOON HAS HAD 15 DUIS, 6 RAPES, A HOOKER MURDER, AND A COKE RING BUST 
I HAVEN'T BEEN HOME IN 5 MONTHS AND THE NEXT PERSON TO TALK ABOUT COMP TIME IS SUCK-STARTING MY M9

Fuckin' Nostradamus up in this bitch.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

mods change my name posted:

its actually really loving stupid MMA jack off poo poo that serves no purpose but I suppose "serving a purpose" hasn't much place in the army anyhow.

not a bad work out but probably wasnt worth the guy who i saw get his trachea crushed or the chick who got her shoulder ruined for life because everyone wants to be loving Butterball or whoever is the MMA people fight club loving TAPOUT gear poo poo

One patient I'll remember forever was at my first duty station. Got speared through the knee while doing combatives in AIT, tearing literally everything. ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, meniscus, patellar tendon. 2-3 major reconstructive surgeries before she even got out of TRADOC. A month in Korea and she's on crutches again with the most strongly visibly positive McMurray drop test I've ever seen, yay meniscus is torn again!

That was some loving eye-opening poo poo.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Being a medic is like a combo of fixer, priest, and belligerent rear end in a top hat parent to lovely unruly children. Oh, and therapist.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

not caring here posted:

Army does that with every thing though

Shooting guns, blowing stuff up. Hiking. Working out. All cool poo poo that the army just completely fucks up so bad that amazing fun becomes punishment.

Hell, the army even makes eating and taking a poo poo a loving hassle.

gently caress YEAH DEMO RANGE! Except half of it involves "snowshoeing", which in this case is code for "step 3 feet off the hardpack and sink up to your loving nipples in a snow bank". Suck my dick you fuckman, take your butterbar rear end out and rig up your own goddamn tree cutting charges. I'll be standing back here doing medic poo poo while you flounder around and gently caress up the wiring twice in a row.

It was actually kinda worth it just to see the massive amounts of butthurt from SNCOs when we hauled coolers full of poo poo out of the FLA and set up a goddamn grill to cook brats.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

I just do jiu jitsu because I'm a big baby and don't want to be hit.

Pretty sure I'd rather be hit than have something dislocated.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I've been having some horrific recurring nightmares for like the past week about being back in, apparently they're just dream interpretations from being psychically linked to a loving moron.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

On the one hand, dumb, on the other, hearing checks are usually one of the easiest ones to knock out with either minimal wait or walk-ins, and the whole ordeal takes 20-30 minutes, counting the 5-10 minutes of loving around on your phone in the waiting area.

"STOP loving CLICKING THE BUTTON!"

"My bad, clearly it's my fault I can't distinguish between the actual beeps and the random ringing in my ears."

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

not caring here posted:

Yeah, I resembled a partially shaved gorilla and all of that sounds waaaaay easier.

gently caress sit ups.

Christ, drop the 2-miler for something actually combat oriented and I'd be in serious danger of hitting the extended scale without trying.

EDIT: gently caress, the deadlift maxes at 420? For real?

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 10, 2018

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

not caring here posted:

There's a lot of skinny little dudes around that will never, ever, be able to lift 420.

Give it a few years and no one will be able to lift 420. Someone will get the bright idea of doing deadlift reps to counts like it was the loving bend and reach, and now everyone is a cripple.

Based on bodyweight though, which means people like you and me would be be maxing it out with warm-up weight.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

As long as you have ok form, warm up first, familiarize yourself and ramp up the weight incrementally they're fine. So yeah, there's going to be a lot of hernias

Not an emptyquote. You're not gonna blow a disc from heavy poo poo, you're gonna do it loving around with some light warm-up weight because you're not taking it seriously. Been there, done that.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Steezo posted:

Unless it's the targetry guys at bliss, this is because some bumblefuck peter principle failing upwards cumstained shitrag has tried to pull rank to avoid responsibility for loving up. Which, its weird I know, doesn't work on people who aren't in and can't be driven to suicide by their buddyfucker club of risk averse cravens who refuse to admit their command has a problem because that's a bad bullet point on their OER. Even if it gets fixed most ricky tick, can't admit fault.

Its part if why they never learn, and why I think chikenshits love to hide in a training command during a shooting war. The best is when some slick sleeved human being instructor tries to tell off someone who couldn't chase promotion because they were busy, with the forever war.

I don't remember my original point anymore and I want to chokeslam someone.

Oh, yeah.. Killed your boss yet Mustang? Need help with that? Slip some old anti-freeze into his drinks. It tastes sweet and kills liver/kidneys, so that child minded gently caress will probably guzzle it down because they sound like they lack self control. Harder to find out its you if they do the work killing themselves.

I am extremely triggered right now.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

The old one was comfy and light so it wearing out was expected. The new one is ALL LEATHER and allegedly more durable, but with the added expense of more weight, less breathability and less overall comfort.

I don't know if it was the weight or the new sole design, but the new boots ended up making my arches and knees ache by the end of a long day on my feet, and this is coming from someone who can wear regular army issue dress shoes for an all day event with no problems.

This combined with the dubious gain in durability makes it a bad buy to me.

The all leather SFBs were the loving poo poo, but I put Superfeet insoles in everything I own anyway. They stood up to regular wear and tear, field use, etc just fine for me and worked like a dream for rucks. Seriously, with the insoles swapped they were probably the most comfortable things I've ever worn for actually walking around in.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I bought like 6 pairs of the Coppers a long time ago and am just now on the last set, but those look loving awesome.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Kaliber posted:

Martello made the news. What a lovely situation.

Wait, what?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Ashmole posted:

how is the deadlift done? i can't imagine doing 340x3 cold.

That's well shy of 50% for me on a barbell and I still wouldn't like doing that without at least a couple warm-ups. If you aren't a shaved gorilla, that's going to be loving awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nice and hot piss posted:

Anecdotally, how much more weight can a person life with a hex bar in comparison to a traditional barbell?

I've seen up to 10-20%, but it's a lot more complex due to individual biomechanics/leverages plus how quad/hamstring/etc dominant you are.