Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Okay now I gotta do this silly FTX in AIT, graduate in couple weeks, and not gently caress up jump school or my wife will forever hate me for ruining this italy thing.

My two mile run last week was 15:37. Goddamnit me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It's like a perfect spectator sport. Now just find an entry level Warrant Officer to post here, and there is a "follow these starter characters"-adventure packet going here.

You guys are welcome.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So I got 54th Combat Engineer Battalion as my sub unit in 173rd, and am about to get some sort of cool award at the end of AIT. FTX was cool, and soon I'm off to airborne school. And my best battlebro got Italy, too!

I'm really enjoying the Army!
However I broke my fibia on my right side, so gotta hope it won't give in at the airborne school.

I would've preferred infantry or scouts, but atleast BEB is not BSB or HQ Company.

The four dudes who got flight medic spots before me deserved them. Two regular flight medics, two SOAR candidates. All four really badass dudes and dudettes, one of them being the first female SOAR Medic Candidate that I have a privilege to call as friend. All honestly better picks than me.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 25, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Forums Poster MLMP08 who vehemently for years told me to not enlist has ensured that I've already done all that. But I do appreciate it. I got a folder of my medical papers, plus I've uploded them to my G Drive.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I just think that I'll look hella cool with that maroon hat, is all. My wife agrees that Vicenza looks hella cool.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

gimme sum of dat grunt poo poo y'all

Hell yeah, gently caress yeah. Summadat grunt poo poo.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Weirdly the enlisted medics that are with me as airborne, ranger, and SOAR candidate holdovers here aren't that hooah right now.

I'm genuinely surprised how little confidence they have in their President.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Guys! Guys! Goons! Mustang, Sir!

I had it! I did it. I had my "jaded bitter moment!"

At a restaurant, this redneck lady and her obese husband told us how excited it is that "we are going to war finally and showing them that they can't mess with America!!"

My battleboo just said "yeah, us. Ma'am. We'll be going to war. Not you. "

Some of these people are loving insane when they salivate at the TV screen. It's loving embarassing to interact with peoole right now around Fort Sam. I don't even know what's the polite way to shoo these weirdos away.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 7, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
No but really. I find this super awkward and weird. I haven't done a service, no one should thank me. All that stuff is super weird and uncomfortable. I'm a loving IET candidate for airborne school, I haven't defended anybody's kids, or laid my life on the line. And I'm not excited about gung ho wars either.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
During duty times we can't be in civvies, but sometimes we can leave the post for a bit. It's cycle break, it's just us Ranger, AB and SOAR candidates here waiting for the next jump class to start in a week or so.

Besides this forum, and some close friends, I won't say anything political to people. I hates when people did that during Obama, and I won't be a hypocrite bitch. It's not my place as an enlisted chump.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
One of the reason this lil group of losers can pretty much do what we want and avoid bullshit details is that we are all the GPA nerds and honor grads who the cadre loves. The other holdovers clean grass all day and carry trash.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'd loved to see the formations with DCUs, BDUs, and ACUs all in.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Glorious.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Looking forward to it. Now I'm just spending every duty day getting swole as gently caress at the gym waiting for an airborne class to start on 24th.

Do the penises I see in the laundry room almost every night count?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I and the other airborne holdovers were dropped off at the 217th Transport, which is a reserve unit, and are doing cool poo poo with bunch of the Active Reservist NCOs and their LT. It's just 8 dudes and dudettes, and no privates outside a drill weekend, so they wanted some from 232nd Med Batt trainees. It's like a different world.

It's loving hilarious, they are all in their civvies, barbecuing food for us, while we cut lawn and trim weeds. Legitimately not minding being treated like a human and drinking monsters in the sun.

The Reserve seems loving awesome.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Assault Associate is my favorite.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Because he loves Trump so much. Allegedly.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

DoktorLoken posted:

AFAIK he never left the Army but went ARNG while he was doing the MMA thing.

The narrative in facebook memays is that he quit the army completely because Obama hates America, and now joined because he loves Trump so much.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
There are a couple SFGs in the Guard, so he could've kept himself current.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
"Oi is my slouch hat. Anybody seen me SLR?"

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm here. It's all blown out of proportion. Also privates getting intl trouble for posting publicly about sergeants using their names.

CSM Stanley had legit been awesome.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

was it e co

im surprised to be honest. I was in A co when i went through, and there wasn't any mystical background like there was about f co

also wtf is going on now there. there must be a lot of angry formations, and that is hilarious to me

There are now a bunch of privates claiming it was their company, so I can't really tell what is true and what not, but Echo was the origin, yeah. Echo is also the one with the "hooah airborne all the way"-commander who makes them do PT seven days a week every week sundays included because "fit to fight" and "airborne runs" or some poo poo.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 25, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:catstare: sorry sir i was passed out drunk in some hotel room out in town, forgot about our weekend run

There are no overnight passes anymore in Fort Sam. Even weekends it's bedcheck at 2000 or 2100, and morning formation somewhere between 0400 and 0600.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Also I've been a holdover here for more than three weeks. First formation every loving day at 0430, and we get released at 1815 or so, to a 2000 bedcheck. I have to choose between dinner or gym during that small amount of free time, yet I can't go to the gym on duty time. Well what do I do? Nothing. I sit in the MPR that whole loving time.

Great way to exercise for airborne school. My ATRRS reservation showed ship out 28th but my Ops SGT told me I have to wait yet another week here. gently caress this place.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I don't even know what ATRRS is an abbreviation off.

Today I found a pic of myself, trying to get my platoon to a rendezvouz point on time. (I loving didn't)

My angry empty stare is because somehow my soul saw into the future where my dumbass would go down to a private and do it even dumber in another country.

gently caress this.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I loving hate medic poo poo.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This thursday, or the next I am off to jump school and my soul gets all the fresh hooah again.

I legit miss being a leader though.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
No, I meant like in the finnish army, when I had zero guidons and a platoon of riflemen, a hot FO, and a funny RTO.

I'm going through all of my old photos. I miss those idiots.

I loving hate these american guidons and loving student "leadership".

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Hacienda is verboten. The Air Force goes there, or maybe some other ranch, still. Navy Water park Water slidesare forbidden. Many restaurants are, as is six flags.
What does it matter, there is no free time to do anything.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 25, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm trying to think, but I don't there is a general one. You usually yell your platoons name. It was usually a medieval weapon, and we'd use it as our MOUT-shout too, busting thru rooms. I don't know if americans yell to warn friendlies, but we did it.

"Flail! Flail!"

"Ruoska! Ruoska!"

It wasn't used as commonly as hooah, though.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 25, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Our mortar team was "vetokoukku", which basically is "trailer hitch". Yes they were very proud of it.

I don't wanna go home. I love the Army. I graduated AIT, I just wanna get the gently caress out of here, get more college, see my wife, etc.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Your earliest shot to have any free time, or any privileges is about 7-8 weeks into AIT for 68W, when you can get Phase 5. Then you get released after school ends at 1800, and can use the time between that and 2000 bedcheck in your room, or go to shopette. And during weekend you only have to do first formation and bedcheck, so the 10-12 hours during day is yours, but if one screws up, there's always a recall, which happens almost every weekend. And it's ASU's only, jacket included.

And since you only have about 7 hours between bedcheck and you having to stand in PT formation again, besides sleeping and hygiene, it's not like there is a lot of time to do anything. So here I can't really see the point of any computers or game systems.

Besides, at least in this company, consoles are prohibited anyway, as are "computers or speakers that are too big". It's up to PSGs to decide what has to be mailed home.

And I can't really see most privates argue with any sergeant about rules. Kinda like how some of our NG dudes whose unit patch was the broken tv from 3ID, were yelled at by their PSG for "not earning it", despite them arriving in it and the Policy Book (inpsectable item!!!) staing that NG and Reserve dudes should wear their unit patch.

At least some of our PSGs are honest about how AIT had way more free time when they went through.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Like, sergeants running a black market detergent store?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I got 173rd.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
...we have to buy our own cleaning supplies..?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Nice.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I didn't buy that stupid platoon shirt in Basic or AIT. gently caress those stupid money holes. Worst is that we let some private loving company take hour and half of our 6hour sleep time to market their jackoff knives and cum-collector "soda" glasses or whatever they sold, with no option to go sleep.

All of our privates were terrible artists, so one DS who was a painter was asked to discreetly design one and he did. And it was really well made, I'll give. At least the loving privates didn't have to take one of the terrible designs.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 26, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

another became semi-infamous for a really awkward goonmeet picture where some reasonable looking girl was surrounded by nerdy goon guys and looked uncomfortable,

Not victim blaming but do goonmeets ever go any other way? I don't understand why anyone would do this to themselves.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I became a goon because I ended up playing War Thunder with some loving nerds, and years later the other goon showed up to my BCT graduation and it was creepy.

Other goon still does my taxes and sends my wife gifts, like the handbag she uses all the time.

It's weird.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Are Warrants to be hanged with nobles? Or do they get a pass?