Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

PenisMonkey posted:

Well the man did have the biggest dick ever to grace a life form.

12 inches if I remember the cadence right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, my grandfather just passed away. He had a stroke a few weeks ago, was recovering up until this morning, and then fainted. Blood pressure dropped, organs started failing, and he slipped into a coma. He passed about an hour ago.

Had to head back into the office to sign some hand receipts, 1SG and Commander see me, ask me if I'm alright. Tell me I'm still going to JRTC, which I expected. 1SG then says that when he first heard me talk about this, he thought it was some sort of ploy to get out of it.

My 1SG thinks, or thought, that I faked my grandfather's death to get out of a month-long rotation. To get out of two measly weeks in the box. As if I haven't spent years deployed away from my family, or as if I wasn't able to take emergency leave when by brother-in-law died, or as if I haven't already deployed with this unit before. And now two weeks is what I fake the death of my family for. Two weeks.

loving AAA+ Leadership right there!

I decided early on in my career that I'd rather have someone pull one over on me than be that kind of leader.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

My first vehicle was a motorcycle. I'm thinking of getting another one.

Anything with a sidecar that's good?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

right arm posted:

urals are very cool if you like to do maintenance (I do)

Do they break all the time? Or are you just talking preventative stuff?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Who are you guys kidding? Marines can't read.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm not ashamed to say that when I was a young enlisted I was an actual bugler and this fake rear end electronic bullshit pisses me off. :colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Deathy McDeath posted:

How do you get that job?

Play brass instruments your entire life and then have some COL find out.

PathAsc posted:

I'll take: things you put your lips on, for $1000

In the military "music" scene you're either a beater or a blower.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EBB posted:

Hey I lost your guys' orders and all your mail stand by

No problem, I'm getting paid to sit here and play on my phone.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hekk posted:

12 months until terminal leave. I need to find out if I can carry more than sixty days of leave across fiscal year once I drop retirement papers. If not, it’ll be 13 months until terminal.

Nice. Get a physical copy of your complete medical file. Also download a copy of your iPerms for yourself. And/or print a copy of everything there too.

Also, FILE YOUR VA CLAIM. You can do it before you refrad. There are lot's of organizations that will do 90% of the work for you, for free (they get grant money to do it). Here's one: https://ssv.org/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwNeTkMyw5gIVB77ACh1hHQNCEAAYASAAEgLWffD_BwE

Is your service award being handled? Make sure that someone is on it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I didn't mention my knees and didn't get rated for it.

Not to be an rear end, but yes you can.

I was in the same position and got denied. You can submit a statement (explaining how you hurt your knees in the service), along with a civilian doctors assessment (you knees are hosed up and it didn't just happen overnight), and it counts as evidence.

I had a Marine buddy break his nose diving into a ditch in Iraq and because it was the invasion he didn't get it looked at/fixed so it just healed broken. He got out and was denied a rating (for breathing/sleeping problems) because of no evidence. He got written statements from a couple of guys who were with him when it happened and got a rating.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pryor on Fire posted:

When I was in high school I got a perfect score on the ASVAB, I think I was the only kid in my school to do so. The army guy and air force guy wouldn't leave me the gently caress alone.

Wow, you could totally be a General by now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hekk posted:

I officially retired on Monday. Which means I somehow survived 20 years of whatever that was. Looking forward to collecting my sweet retirement check and sucking on that government teet for some disability moneys.

I am not quite sure what comes next, but I am in a spot where I can afford to be more selective on whatever it is I do until I really retire. We will be relocating from Southern California to somewhere else. It's too bad the COVID has hosed everything up and now I can't go scout out new places to live.

Congratulations.

Go be a school teacher.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Arson Daily posted:

My dummy nephew who I was talking about upthread actually got in, got through boot camp, and is at his first duty station. He's enlisted, and going to refuse the vax because my in-laws all have terminal brain poisoning. Anyone know what they're going to do to him? He's only been in for about a year if that makes any difference.

Negative counseling statement followed by a forced briefing on how the vaccine is good.

If he refuses after that letter of reprimand.

They haven't come out yet and said they're going to start putting folks out, or bars to enlistment, but I imagine that'll be next.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

General Officer memorandum of reprimand, followed by initiation of separation and/or bar to reenlistment.

A lot of people decide they'd rather not play this game and get the shot, but that is what is currently in order for vaccine refusals.

The reprimand is a go on 2nd refusal, I have seen nothing on initiation of separation/bar even after the 2nd refusal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

I can only say what's in division orders. Bar may be incorrect, I can't recall, but flag and initiation of separation is there. Final catch-all is basically "prep all the paperwork, talk to a JAG next"

gently caress.

I guess I gotta read some poo poo tomorrow.