Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I used to give my dog tags to girls because for some reason it was a panty dropper.

Other than that those things never really served a purpose for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

cole would give random women his full name blood type and full SSN lol

OPM gives that poo poo away all the time

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah it’s not hard for me to see if that needle is still in the green area on the first three and then assume the next 100 will be the same.

That’s military grade inspecting and that’s how I would advertise it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Three deadlift reps in five minutes?

You might as well just do it once if that’s your timeframe.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pt will consist of running to the gym across post, everyone doing a bunch of deadlifts, and running back.

Broken knees and backs simultaneously.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

I bitch and vent here.

The response from the field grades with any and all push back is basically "suck it up", "yeah it sucks but do it anyway" or "you're wrong".

Recently the staff and company command teams unanimously pushed back on something in particular to no effect.

My take away is that the field grades, BN Commander in particular, feel that their judgement is never wrong and that we're just a bunch of babies that can't manage our time.

You are exactly like the people you bitch about. You may not agree, but the people you bitch about probably don’t think they are the way you describe either.

You’re going career, just admit it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You can’t bring your cell phone because you aren’t going to bring your cellphone (other people will guaranteed have their cellphones) because you’re a boy scout and give a poo poo and that is 100% why you’re going career.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

I've been in that building many times, they've always been assholes about phones.

Personally I've never even seen whatever secret systems they have in place there, I'm guessing it's one of the simulation systems.

The military are assholes about everything. What’s your point?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah but who really deserves it more than Maj Mustang?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

*CSM wants everybody to meet at some weird location for a run*

"Gee CSM, the instructions weren't that clear and we got lost trying to find the place."

*shams out of PT to eat dunkin doughnuts*

That would get you doing PT with the CSM for a week at Campbell.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

It's interesting how everything in the Army somehow becomes an apocalyptic world ending event.

There's no nuance to anything. A line gets drawn in the sand and that's it.

As an S4 I work through all these people throughout the BDE and occasionally division with a very narrow, specific piece of the pie. Movement, purchasing, whatever. And it's always "this is a priority for the BDE/Division commander!!!!".

Is there anything that isn't a priority?

You aren’t a priority.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Nvm

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 16, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

Yeah our last one was basically people with various gripes. The CSM had a BN formation and went line by line of what people complained about and why they were wrong for having those complaints.

If a PLT fucks up it's on the PL. If a company fucks up it's on that commander. If the BN fails at something it's someone in the BNs fault, definitely not the BN Commander or CSMs.

You’re going to be that person because once you get high enough in rank you’ll turn your attention from complaining about those above you to complaining about those below you, even though there’s essentially no difference between you and them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I personally don’t like seeing people be miserable

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You’re doing the work of one person, you just haven’t figured out how the army operates yet.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
CAVeat SCOUT

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why doesn’t the army do anything?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

maffew buildings posted:

Actually lots of people join for the oay and that's ehy the SNCO corps have so many sub 100 IQs

-A SNCO

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My king sized bed is great for sleeping in.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When I became a team leader I went and typed up a counseling at my normal speed.

I ended up becoming the platoon secretary.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

Can someone explain to me why working through a 4 day to get our OR rating back up is so important it can't wait until Tuesday.

It's not even our BN, it's BDE blowing up our commander and XO about having broken poo poo after a month in the field and no support from BDE for getting parts to us because we were 600 miles away.

How is getting parts off the ESR 4 days earlier so important that you make a BN work through the weekend when I guarantee 90% of the BN doesn't understand why. I don't.

Reasonable people would be like "you've been gone over a month, enjoy your 4 day!" and install the parts next week.

I got as far as “can someone explain to me” and already have the answer

Because you’re in the army.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We have a whole shitload of people that work from home every Friday.

I live a 10 minute walk away from the office and once I get more established here I’m gonna do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Your problem is you still think it’s “our” instead of “my”