Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Turning back the clock to NVG chat, I completely motherfucking despise the PVS-7. Migraine machine that never sets right, and I have to basically beat the supply SSG over the head with something to even get them.

You know what, that might be my biggest gripe about the Army. I lucked into an actually pretty good NG unit, leadership could always be better but at least they give a poo poo about the guys (not so much my current PSG and I am leery of our new PL, but the first is taking his butterball rear end off to an SF Guard unit in Maryland to try and not embarass himself at selection, and the other is probably moldable enough that he won't burn the place down), but I have yet to have a supply sergeant who isn't a totally useless piece of poo poo.

I shouldn't have to jump up and down on people to get basic gear issued. I shouldn't have to threaten knocking on the squadron commander's door to get you to loosen your grip on NVG when me and my junior medics are going to be doing night training stuff with a dismounted light infantry element, walking through woods on overcast nights. Or driving in the training area on Ft. Drum when it's blackout only. What loving genius decided that the medics driving the POS ambulances didn't need night vision to drive at night?

Long story short, someone tell me where I can go to get my eyes fixed like Riddick. I even work at night at my Real Job, it would be practical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU