Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Amusingly appropriate that a hand-me-down thread gets left in an obscure sub forum and forgotten about by leadership.

Might be a life lesson in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
When do we get a deployment to somewhere cushy like BYOB or something? I have cat pictures, I can interface with the locals.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Aw what the poo poo, back in garrison for more gently caress gently caress games and "training"? Thought we were headed somewhere cool.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
When we are getting deployed again? Hope it's somewhere cool. Bicycles and stuff was better than another desert poo poo hole I guess but getting kinda bored back in garrison.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I have so many questions. What is going on here I feel like I need a translation from crazy to reality for what I'm seeing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Sounds like you're on track to enjoy life to me.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's heart warming to read that idiotic poo poo is universal across all branches.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Every time I find old gear or something I end up pissed off that I need to block out my last name and social # last four on another random rear end laundry bag or pair of boots or something.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is it different with Marines than with Army or something? Every unit I went to I would get a different weapon. My two deployments were with different weapons. When I showed up at my unit part of in-processing was to sign for a different weapon, do a functions check, then leave it with the armored until I deployed. Next unit, same thing, different weapon. I never had just one serial number to memorize it was changing with each set of orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Army has authorized me as an individual augmentee for this deployment so I'll be coming along.