Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Holy loving poo poo...

I think my family knows her

edit: I used to go to Munson army health center as a kid for general wellness and whatnot, so this is just beyond crazy for me to read this for the first time..

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mustang I'm not gonna lie but hearing your stories makes me happy that I got NPQ'd from Marine OCS

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

my old unit deployed to Djibouti after I ETS'd and they hated their life, just saying.

god bless

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Send Him a DD-214 blanket so the Drill Sergeants get hella jealous and make his life even more miserable.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

*the only sound is feet hitting the ground while on a run*

This is the best cadence ever.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mustang, if you're not waking up with a massive moto erection, yelling the soldiers creed at the top of your lungs while saluting the photos of the chief of staff, TRADOC commander and Emperor trump plastered on your wall, then I don't want you in my army.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I've heard the Marine Corps is always looking for a few good men.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The fire Department I did clinical ride alongs was about as close to being in a military type framework that I could speak of.

Except their life didn't suck, because after 48 hours of doing their actual job, bullshit tasks *like looking at solar panel cut off switches for 2 hours* and training, they went home, and didn't have to come back for 4 days.

But who am I to say anything, I tried to be a marine officer and was sent home because of a hosed up shoulder so I'm just as dumb as he is....Or less because I wanted to join the reserves.

I think that makes me even more stupid.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

You're going to get pinned your train tracks 2 months before you ETS, and once those bars touch your chest you're going to immediately realize that another 4 years won't be that bad.

Let me know when you're 15 years into your time in service and when you PCS to Ft. Leavenworth for CGSC I'll buy you a beer when I visit my family.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

C'mon now, Ft. Leavenworth has a great AAFES and their golf course is pretty good...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

To be 100% Fair when my dad was an instructor at CGSC he had the coolest job ever. I saw him before I went off to school almost every day, he PT'd on his own, was home around 5:00 every day and his weekends were his own.

Also I don't remember if he ever worked in the summer, he would always take 4-6 weeks off and we'd go on family vacations/visit family and I don't think i ever saw him don a uniform except for maybe hail and fairwells or whatever.

Just sayin...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Maybe you haven't heard that the Army needs like 16,000+ more troops and they're waiving marijuana drug use. The chances they'd chapter them out is lollable.

THIS ISN'T THE OLD ARMY THAT I REMEMBER

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that the army is all about retention and recruiting these days, probably more so than 2-3 years ago.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just drink fight milk with eat meal.

Instant muscles and never ending cardio

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

Mustang when do you ETS?

After he makes major, finishes up at CGSC, takes batallion command as a LT. Colonel and succumbs to liver failure from alcohol abuse and 2 pack a day smoking habit

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Next thing it'll be PCS station reveal parties.

You'll hit a pinata and a bunch of division patches will fall out signaling which unit/station you're going to be deployed at.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Should have thrown the icicle condom on and tell her to think about Edward Cullen from Twilight

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

mods change my name posted:

Do it marry her you pussy bitch!!

Incoming mod challenge ITT

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Ask him if combat was like the Hurt Locker then if he says anything negative call him out for stolen valor

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Joined up because all my buddies did., figured if they're gonna go do army poo poo I might as well too. Other reasons of course (wanting to serve, dad/grandpa were military etc) but yeah, probably wouldn't have joined if none of my friends had planned on it.

Plus I was really god drat stupid during High School so I figured I'll just join the military as a medic. But I was too stupid to be a medic (108 GT score, Required: 110) and ended up being a cav scout.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 1, 2018

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Re-enlist active duty infantry.

This is a solid option. I mean you won't survive in the real world anyways so just sign that dotted line

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mr_Ruckus posted:

So how bad does it suck to mob out of Ft Bliss? I've heard rumors it's worse than NTC... I didn't think anything could suck that bad.

I mob'd out of Ft. Bliss back in 2006, but from what I remember it wasn't bad at all.

All in all, I have no good relevant information for you.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

How much it sucks seems to be unit/mission dependent.

El Paso is a border city with some of the lowest violent crime rates in the nation for a city of that size. My main issues with the city were a high drunk driving rate, it's hard to find quality work or have businesses actually call you back in a timely fashion, and I barely speak any Spanish. Who knew a city originally run by Spain and Mexico before becoming part of Free Texas and then the CSA/USA would have a lot of Spanish speakers?

Are you referring to the statistics that you hear over the intercoms in the El Paso Airport? Something like "El Paso has been ranked one of the safest cities in the nation blah blah blah.." but they base that off the statistics that they have the highest police ratio per capita, and they include all border patrol members into the statistic which is essentially like saying they have two full fledged police forces.

Not to split hairs, I will say that I felt pretty safe driving around El Paso/Las Cruces with little fear of someone stealing my car or my butthole virginity.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 27, 2018

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mustang, my father was an ROTC instructor and loved it. Just saying

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My dad told me a story about his first day as a platoon leader during a field exercise his armored unit was attached to some guard unit doing some annual training/monthly drill and while looking for his Platoon sergeant he stumbled across like 4 guardsmen drinking in the back of an APC.

He apparently just kind of stared at them and walked away continuing what he was doing when two of the guardsmen essentially jumped him, one guy grabbed him and like chicken winged him while another dude proceeded to start throwing fists at his face. My dad ended up headbutting the dude behind him and pulled out his service pistol and pointed it at the guy who was punching him threatening to "blow his, *in his words to a 16 year old kid* f'ing head off" which is the closest my dad has ever come to cursing in front of us, even though we heard him cuss on the phone talking with his friends.

I don't know why I wanted to tell you all this story but that's my story for you all *farts*

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I've decided that thanks to my experience in PUBG I'm going to start carrying a frying pan during any deployments overseas

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

have your kid sign on that dotted enlistment line

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

What in God's green earth are they going to jam pack into an extra 7 weeks of training? I mean I guess I can see it, more time with maneuever exercises, probably more familiarity with strykers or w/e...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I deployed about 4 months after I got out of cav scout OSUT and had like literally no pre mob training. Straight from the hood to Iraq and was put in an infantry platoon to bolster numbers. I felt pretty on par with a bunch of dudes who had a few months of pre mob training, it was mainly learning their SOP's.

But we were all guard so it's not like we're talking about a competent force

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

A bit off topic...

what in the gently caress is an anime wife.. Like is that some chick who just likes anime and you can sperg out watching gundam or whatever anime people like?

Or is it like someone who dresses up in anime and just rolls around the house going "kawaii!!" and giving the peace sign doing some anime poses while cooking dinner?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

its curtains for Kevin posted:

It’s an anime character who you then pretend is a real person youre married to. A cut out of your waifu eating spaghetti ensues.

I don't get kids these days...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I am only assuming that in 20-30 years we're going to be a bunch of crusty old men going "back in my days you had to find a girl in the real world to get your sex on what's happened to muh society!"

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Lol @ all y'all's lovely GI systems.

The only time I got sick was when I visited my uncle's dairy farm and had a heaping bowl of cereal with unpasteurized milk. Hoooo boy was that fun

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I went through like 4 hazmat courses working EMS, mainly placard stuff, some MSDS stuff, how to set up decon area's and how to deal with patients/populations involved in a hazmat area.

It was essentially the worst thing I ever had to go through.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Being a 2LT in the guard/reserves actually seems like a pretty cake gig in general. I can only assume it requires a bit more "off the clock" work throughout the month rather than just the scheduled weekend warrior poo poo... But both of the LT's I had in my cav scout platoon pretty much were in "meetings" or doing some planning poo poo and never seemed to be in the realm of training that we were, which usually meant they weren't tired by the end of the weekend.

I dunno, seems like an easy way to make some money and work towards that guard retirement pay.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

So like, what do you plan on doing after your 4 year enlistment if you don't want to do medical? I mean i'm not gonna lie, being a nurse in the army seems cushy as gently caress as well as *insert any other medical MOS* that the army/navy/air force offers.

I mean I'm an idiot too who tried to get back into the game through the Marine Corps OCS but if I had sustained such an injury and was still pursuing that retirement I'd work finance and sham my way to 20....

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

I told you he’s trolling and has finally overplayed his hand. He’s probably an IDR alt.

I'd have to commend him on such an amazing tapestry of work.

Except I don't remember him complaining about Mypay or MILPERS so unless IDR stepped up his game...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Y'all have weird AF dreams.

The last dream I had I was in the tonight show with Conan obrien and we were discussing the latest romance novel that I wrote.

And the only thing I could say and repeated was "well you just make sure..that when you're riding you bike you don't have a flat tire."

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Work days are the only time I appreciate getting my rear end up at 3 A.M to get to work at 4, work out for an hour and a half and then start my 12 hour shift... Go to bed around 8:45 and repeat.

Since I only work 3 days in a row during the week, I love this. Sip coffee as I drive to work, 1-2 vehicles on a usually busy highway, and I listen to sports radio or BBC news depending on what's be touted.

Getting a great workout in before work in our tiny little gym in the basement of the hospital is also super nice.

But if it's my day off you can go right ahead and suck my sleepy dick from the back because getting up before 7 A.M is stupid AF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

To be fair you'll probably get a reprieve when you get PCS orders to attend CGSC at ft Leavenworth. So you have that to look forward to