Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Welcome back from your MEU Marines.

STD checks will begin 0500. Skivvies only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

simplefish posted:

Do you officially-on-paperwork count as a veteran or what?

Lol not from the Marines but I have 6 years in the guard and a tour over I'm Iraq. I just got paperwork saying I was dis-enrolled from training.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jun 22, 2019

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

When I was in OCS one of my Sergeant Instructors had a tough time reading, like maybe a 5th grade reading level and watching him stumble with any words more then two syllables was rough on the captivated audience.

rah

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I still have like 15 pairs of skivvies/green undershirts along with the olive drab cold weather beanie that is still one of the warmest things to wear on my head.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I still remember being out of the military for about 8 years and then going to the MCB quantico MCX and seeing that trashy clothing styles never went out of fashion for the military.

Never change military, never change.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

Salt Life, Grunt Style, and Affliction only. Otherwise how will the teens know who to thank for their service on campus?

Usually we all just tell everyone we are veterans the first day of class and that our opinions are superior to everyone's, including the professor

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Get him one of those sword collections that some guy is selling outside of the marine exchange.

It'll be a huge sword collection with a bunch of family crests meticulously googled by experts.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

we need someone to contract with the armed forces that can peddle this sub forum so they can get "up to date access" on military life from seasoned experts. like one person stationed at every initial entry point for each branch.

Just get a ton of boots subbed to this forum

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

ya'll may not have heard but new max age limit for USMC OCS is 42.

how about you all start loving running, belt out some cadences and meet me on brown field at quantico

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

Being a 30 year old corporal was bad enough, being a 40 year old 2LT sounds like a stress nightmare

Just the amount I've aged and how I feel from 33 when I went to ocs last year and now I can only imagine going into ocs at 40 would leave someone with destroyed bones and a fractured body/soul.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Wasn't he like fresh out of college around 24 when he started his military career?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

Is 42 for OCS real or a goof

for real, but I can only imagine doesn't apply to everyone. I am pretty sure that the marines want to see more candidates at higher ranks within active/reserve categories. I had three staff sergeants and a gunny all in my platoon, and have heard about a couple people over the age of 35 that had to claw their way into getting an age waiver even though "35" was the absolute cutoff a few years ago. I'm sure it opens up the door for a few people within the ranks that want to go but couldn't just due to sheer age restrictions.

That or the marines are hurting so bad for officers that literally they'll take any middle aged dude in his late 30's who googled "dragon slaying dress blues marine" on youtube and wants to commission.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

PookBear posted:

time in service counts but not any rank. Also you might have to attend bootcamp again

I wonder what that would be like if some 30 ish year old rolled into boot, who had previously been to boot camp like the same years that the DI's went

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

panzabobik posted:

I've been slogging through an officer accession program for the last four years, finally made it to TBS, and I am disappointed. I knew that MCB Quantico was kind of a dump, despite being the "Crossroads of the Corps" and host to so many higher echelon units but sweet merciful christ I was not prepared for how cobbled together basic officer course is. I've only been here a handful of months and I'm shocked how few of the Camp Barrett Marines and little of the base infrastructure are utilized to actually support officers in training. Not to mention the weapons, equipment and ranges are poo poo more often than not. I don't know why I expected TBS to be better funded, better training, and more meaningful than enlisted entry-level training but it might as well just be MCT on steroids.

My weapon at OCS was complete rear end. I know that M-16's aren't super happy when they fire blanks but I couldn't get more than one round to cycle through. It did, however, make cleaning my weapon a lot easier as all I needed to do was get the muck from the Quigley off rather than a ton of carbon.

Bobo chow hall wasn't bad tho.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hekk posted:

I officially retired on Monday. Which means I somehow survived 20 years of whatever that was. Looking forward to collecting my sweet retirement check and sucking on that government teet for some disability moneys.

I am not quite sure what comes next, but I am in a spot where I can afford to be more selective on whatever it is I do until I really retire. We will be relocating from Southern California to somewhere else. It's too bad the COVID has hosed everything up and now I can't go scout out new places to live.

Congrats!!

Let us know when you cover your F-150 in marine bumper stickers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

Just lol if you didn't put all your blanks in the nearest amnesty box

Nah, they did accountability after every exercise. I would fire one round, would have a failure to feed, followed by APPLYING SPORTS WITH EXTREME MOTIVATION and after the second failure to feed I would just say "bang."

when we turned in blanks most people would have 2-3 rounds and I would have like 15 lol