Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I did 5 in 3 but then again mongo grunt dumb dumb infantry. Then I got out. At least I wasn't the dumbest infantryman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

I would've but I got injured and clearly an injured soldier lacks the heart required to be promoted. I was actually told that by one of my NCOs.

gently caress that dude

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Lol gently caress going the Portland route to Yakima. Never had to do it except when I was already out and drinking beers in Leavenworth when the pass got closed and I had to be home the next day. gently caress you if you're still in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

The old ones I'm pretty sure were from the Army's initial stryker fielding and had sat in the motorpool doing nothing through multiple deployments. I know my unit's strykers had a lot of water damage when they got back late 2013/early 2014 from Afghanistan.

We've only done one YTC rotation since having the new ones and they definitely hold up better than the old ones did on the way to YTC.

It doesn't help that mechanics are only just now learning how to fix strykers since the General Dynamics contract meant that it was GD almost exclusively working on strykers until relatively recently, at least from what I understand anyway.

Yeah, 2008-2011 timeframe that I was at Lewis running strikers, basically anything barely into the level 2 maintenance zone was handed off to GD.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo far too many fucks being given in the last page. gently caress you I'm out. SMDFTB.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
There's pros and cons of being light vs mech but man I loved being mech except when we had to do maintenance. But really it wasn't that bad. Being warm in Graf and Hohenfels was the best.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

He does realize that his brigade is the war crime brigade, right? I mean, mine had SSG what's his face, but there were a whole bunch more in 2 SBCT.

Bailes? Is 2 SBCT what used to be 5 SBCT? Because that's what I was in and yeah lol war crimes brigade.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah about that....I knew SSG Gibbs personally :(

I've probably posted about it here before. He got kicked out of our PSD for COL Tunnell for stealing a gator from the Canadians on KAF and then got sent out to battalion where he did all that poo poo. He's still in Leavenworth and I don't know how long but it's going to be a long time.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

God drat Yakima Training Center

:lol:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
A is for commanders discretion.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

Says the dude who drives around in a giant metal box all day fighting off imaginary aliens in the Washington highlands.

There's an underground base run by the government and the greys beneath YTC didn't you know? And the NSA Five Eyes facility on base is their op center.

Also please don't tell me loving opsec because the drat thing can be seen from the highway and it's on Wikipedia for fucks sake.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I saw a food truck once. In NTC. Then they banned the food trucks from driving out to where we had our tents set up because "they could be potential terrorist infiltrators" in the stupid dumb dumb army game to "prepare" us for deploying.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

The only time I saw a gut truck on Lewis was outside the GDLS shop.

Now that you mention it lol yeah probably. It's GDLS.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's not hosed up if it's true.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Hat Simulator 2017 - US Army Edition

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
GIMME SUMMA DAT GRUNT poo poo gently caress YEAH *chugs a fifth of jack*

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's me. I'm the dumbass grunt.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
loooooooool

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It begiiiiinnnssssssss :unsmigghh:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
then everybody got the clap

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
preppers will pay serious bucks for worthless bullshit

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I've still got my PC and uniform that have my bloodstains on it from my last interaction in the army, telling a SSG with the same TIS as me that retard pieces of poo poo like him were the reason I was getting out of the army.

Still feels good. SMDFTB you gently caress, I hope you loving died on your next deployment you worthless bitch.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Smoking jacket and woobie best TA-50.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Our gas and electric bill was almost $500 this month because my girlfriend always wants to crank up the heat :shepicide:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's an old rear end house, the owner has barely taken care of it, and the heat is a gas furnace. poo poo is still ridiculous though.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, you dudes remember armyman25 and his fuckin cape? fuckin lmbo

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

The Rat posted:

You'd think again if you saw some of the IED hits Strykers took in my old unit. No way I'd have wanted to be in a humvee for those.

edit: jfc this is the most old man 'back in my day' message I've posted in months now

Don't worry, we're all old now dude. Except mustang.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Riding in the back of a Bradley is a miserable experience. Felt like my teeth were getting rattled out of my jaw.

I got to experience that for 3 years. They rattled hard under like 25km/h and and kind of smoothed out at 30 but it still sucked.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If you aren't a retard bitch the RWS is pretty drat good. Pray you have a VC/Gunner or however you assign it (I was the VC of my Stryker, and gunner) that is competent with the M2 or Mk19 along with the RWS. It's not that hard but then again it's the army and loving lol. Stay popped out of the hatch for close to medium range scanning, jump down and get on the RWS for long range scanning. Also yeah do the Rambo thing because who doesn't wanna be Rambo with a fiddy? Pussies, that's who :colbert:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Man I miss shooting heavy weapons :smith:

But not enough to want to be in the Army anymore so fuuuuuuuuck that, I'll just get a plane ticket to Knob Creek Kentucky and go to the machinegun shoot.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

maybe in the peoples revolution/post apocalyptic wasteland you'll find one to play with!

i can only hope

how you been dude? haven't seen you postin for a bit.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Whenever I get nostalgic for the army I just remind myself about that dumb thought when I drive by Ft Lewis and then I just laugh and then sort of feel bad because Mustang is there and lol.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
About the only time I felt it was genuine, "support are troops" was when I was flying back from leave to get back to Iraq. Some big storms or some poo poo cancelled a bunch of flights so I got stuck in Dallas for the weekend. These three old ladies were with a big group of people welcoming troops and all that poo poo. They took me and some other guys out to dinner so we weren't stuck in the hotel and bought us food and booze. Then they brought us to one of their houses and hung out with their family. They were really nice and genuinely gave a poo poo, not just empty platitudes. I kept in touch with them for a while on Facebook for years too. gently caress, even with my stupid family it's just empty platitudes, like I'm kind of cutting off contact with my family right now because of I'm just loving tired of their poo poo, I laid it all out to my aunt about all the poo poo, especially how my family didn't even bother to mail me letters or try to call me while I was deployed to see how I was doing, or bother being there for me once I got out and was dealing with all the crazy poo poo in my head. She just straight up went into this bullshit making it about her and how she was ashamed she wasn't there for me and she supports the troops and bla bla bla. gently caress, the only people that have been there for me are my girlfriend, my war buddies, you guys, and some little old ladies from Dallas.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

anyhow mike-o man please feel free to talk with me anytime, you can pm me or we could hangouts or something IDC, I like you and the poo poo you say so I promise I don't mean this in some feel good way dude like whatever man. i know you saw more poo poo than me but whatever man you're my homie

Dude I'm just an idiot who joined the infantry and hosed my brain.

If we ever all get together in Leavenworth or I just swing by man I'd love to have a beer with ya and listen to some old records. Serious.

Professing my bro love for HCT, idgaf.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry man I'll bring ya some if we ever hang out.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
SOAR dudes getting prepped to go drop off some guys to deep dick some dudes in Syria. Or get deep dicked. Probably both.

Seriously though I was wondering why I was hearing so many blackhawks flying around tonight. I hear one right now in fact.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me now it's stuck in my head. gently caress.

Hey mustang I'll go get drunk with you before you get deployed. Seriously if poo poo kicks off, don't go off dying dude. You either Vahakyla.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

I'm genuinely surprised how little confidence they have in their President.

When even the enlisted know the president is a moron.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

Well the enlisted always "know" the president is a moron, but they're right this time at least

Even better than I could have said it

:perfect:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If this is Cold War 2.0 and Putin and Trump are gonna shake hands in the end then can we get some rad 80's synthpop and hair metal please? I'm old and I hate new things/music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Sweet now I got some good ideas for music today.