Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

Kaliber posted:

You get this from RFI:
https://tnvc.com/shop/ops-core-ach-head-loc-x-nape/

I wouldn't pay $100 for it, but it's the poo poo. The straps never come loose.

edit: $50 on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/262784024989?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I got mine on eBay. Ops core straps are amazing compared to the issued poo poo. Also make sure to re locktite the bolts on your Kevlar. Having two come out while on a night ruck sucks pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is the hacienda still there

the handjob cinema

I am pretty sure it got torn down. Now I am not sure where to go if you want to bang in front of other AIT kids without getting a hotel.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Flight medics also have the opportunity for rad as gently caress jobs after the army! Want to do dedicated search and rescue for the Grand canyon? You can do that. Deal with trauma all day? Do that too! Join the guard after regular army and pull people off of mountains and poo poo. You have the opportunity to have one of the best jobs in the army.

Being a regular line medic is fun for a while but just remember you have a very good chance of getting stuck in an FLA for days at a time watching people do stupid poo poo on a range.

Do flight medic, be bros with the pilots and drop a packet for flight if you want to.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

I thought air assault school was pretty fun. It's not hard to go by a packing list and dress right dress your stuff. The obstacle course is pretty easy. Fast roping out of a UH was fun. I even learned a thing or two.

Then again it was basically a ten day vacation away from my stupid rear end unit.

I have literally never heard anyone call air assault fun. I would describe it as a waste of time, many others would describe it as loving stupid. Although compared to airborne maybe a step up.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Have you had any problems with range control there?

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

Mike-o posted:

There's an underground base run by the government and the greys beneath YTC didn't you know? And the NSA Five Eyes facility on base is their op center.

Also please don't tell me loving opsec because the drat thing can be seen from the highway and it's on Wikipedia for fucks sake.

I dont think it is even used anymore

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Lol if your drill sergeant didnt get busted for throwing literal pizza parties for the females while on duty

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Don't most of them play sports? It gets them out of pt for a while I think

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

MurderBot posted:

Central Oregon gets quite a bit more sun than most of the PNW..

Okay maybe not this winter but most winter's c'mon Google told me so

This winter sucked. Central Oregon is pretty rad, just get a dog and a Toyota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

MurderBot posted:

I got a subaru is that close enough?

Yes that is acceptable.