Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
thanks japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I am 100% wasted on some Greek liquor named Ouzo, ask me anything.

gently caress my life is sad

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

You know what grinds my gears? My first untie was on a MEU and we ended up being deployed to THE invasion of Iraq and because we were "special operations capable" idiots I worked with claim for their entire life that they were spec ops.

Mother gently caress we had two guys with multiple duis and one that deployed with a loving ankle monitor, multiple asvab waivers, and an ops officer who got pregnant every 9 months like clockwork.

We were qualified to bring lunch to Recon dudes and that's about it please stop saying you were spec ops m

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm so drunk I feel like if I was at a bar I'd talk to the prettiest girl there and take her home

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Grem posted:

I worked with claim for their entire life that they were spec ops.

Grem posted:

Mother gently caress we had two guys with multiple duis and one that deployed with a loving ankle monitor, multiple asvab waivers

No, this checks out.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Grem posted:

When I met my boat in greece some young bar greeter informed me and a couple of my shipmates that she had been human trafficked and no longer had access to her passport. Having just recently received my compulsory human trafficking training I reported this fact to the E-5 gate guard when we returned to the boat. After beginning to tell this MP about the tale I had heard, the establishment, and a description, he accused me of being drunk on Ouzo and waved me off.

That's my ouzo story FTN

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

When I met my boat in greece some young bar greeter informed me and a couple of my shipmates that she had been human trafficked and no longer had access to her passport. Having just recently received my compulsory human trafficking training I reported this fact to the E-5 gate guard when we returned to the boat. After beginning to tell this MP about the tale I had heard, the establishment, and a description, he accused me of being drunk on Ouzo and waved me off.

That's my ouzo story FTN

In chania in '04 on a brief stopover i met an albanian who took me to a bar full of sketchy albanians and showed and offered me a bunch of euros if i could bring weapons back from the middle east or get navy weapons(he was sitting next to me in an Internet cafe while I was looking at pics of a few guns my wife bought me for xmas). (We were doing protection missions for us flagged merchant ships and bounced back and forth with little to no oversight of what we were doing)
I played along for a bit then reported it to our chief who then brought it up with the NCIS folks who did our mission briefs prior to getting underway
They went "meh, not terrorism..." and gaffed it off.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Dingleberry posted:

In chania in '04 on a brief stopover i met an albanian who took me to a bar full of sketchy albanians and showed and offered me a bunch of euros if i could bring weapons back from the middle east or get navy weapons(he was sitting next to me in an Internet cafe while I was looking at pics of a few guns my wife bought me for xmas). (We were doing protection missions for us flagged merchant ships and bounced back and forth with little to no oversight of what we were doing)
I played along for a bit then reported it to our chief who then brought it up with the NCIS folks who did our mission briefs prior to getting underway
They went "meh, not terrorism..." and gaffed it off.

I was buzzing off raki at the time from Taman...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Grem posted:

The drunkest man I've ever seen conscious got there on Ouzo. It was fun to watch him crawl across the lobby of the Nellis Inn because he gave up trying to walk but didn't want any help getting to his room.

Edit: This story pales a bit more than usual after human trafficking.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 5, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I also have ouzo to thank for my "drunker than I ever thought possible" story

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
According to Wikipedia, ouzo is supposed to be an aperitif, drunk before a meal. Getting drunk on that is classy as gently caress. Reminds me of when I made chicken marsala for my girl and ended up drinking most of the fortified wine during the process. Not actually sure how I managed to still make it taste decent.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Crown Royal and Jaeger are responsible for the drunkest I had ever been. Good lord I was a loving magnificent lush from 19-27.

That's probably why I don't drink as hard any more. Did way more than my fair share in my 20s.

Hell WAR CRIME SYNDICAT can vouch for how brazenly drunk I would get when we hung out in Vegas.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

There is but one Satan booze and Soju is his name, death be upon him

The one and only time I ever puked in bed was on Soju.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Why did Ouzo get me so loving drunk? That was weird, I've drank way more of every type of liquor than I did last night. That poo poo is evil.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

MA-Horus posted:

If I have any illegitimate little half potato bastards running around somewhere, it's either because of soju or $10 mixed drinks served in little buckets with 5 or 6 long-pours and Red Bull.

God bless English teachers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The chances of me having a kid in Germany are pretty good I'd say.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

holocaust bloopers posted:

The chances of me having a kid in Germany are pretty good I'd say.

Butt babies don't count, dude.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Tequila is responsible for me deciding that removing the lid of the toilet tank, sitting on the edge of the tub and puking in the lid was a good idea. Just the lid, not the tank. A lot of people have a point where after that, they can't even smell tequila without their stomach turning. That's mine.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i've only ever been blackout drunk once. that one time was when me and some buddies went to eat at the greek restaurant outside our base in germany. the greek owner kept bringing us more and more ouzo. i don't remember a thing after that until the next morning when i woke up. apparently i was low crawling from my room to the communal bathrooms to destroy a toilet with my puke, and low crawled back to my room but ended up sleeping face first in the hallway in a puddle of beer.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Daisy 88 or crosman 760 series?

Assets were more important

crossman

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

If you haven't woken up with a pile of gold sparkling vomit that smells suspiciously of peppermint and black licorice then you don't have any good stories.

That and its not fun unless it takes you 3 days to find out how you split open your forehead and the explanation came from a guy named Gonzo and it was: "This tree was talking poo poo about your mom, and you had to handle it.".

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Godholio posted:

Tequila is responsible for me deciding that removing the lid of the toilet tank, sitting on the edge of the tub and puking in the lid was a good idea. Just the lid, not the tank. A lot of people have a point where after that, they can't even smell tequila without their stomach turning. That's mine.

Tequila is probably the most abused liquor I've ever seen American kids punish each other with. Jose Cuervo shotted as fast as you can whilst throwing in beer and random mixers is not what you should be doing when you tequila.

If for no other reason than jose cuervo is red hot garbage.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
After hangoutfest while on leave me and some buddies realized we couldn't drive home just yet and decided to stay in gulf shores for an extra day and drink down all the liquor we had left over in the sun on the beach. Fast forward 24 hours and I have alcohol poisoning so severe I can't hold anything down and at night am having semi-hallucinations of ghosts telling me I am gonna die. Not the drunkest I've ever been but certainly the most disabled/dehydrated. Never again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't even smell tequila and jaeger without getting queasy.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I can't even smell tequila and jaeger without getting queasy.

Same.

Many a bad nights were had with them.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I can't do buttershots, Bailey's, or spiced rum.

The rum things hurts the most because I really liked Morgan diets but after playing (allegedly) 4 games of rum pong on my at the time girlfriend's birthday party kind of ruined it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Soju is one of those drinks that just sneaks up on you. Me, it just pounds over the head.

My woman, however...she likes it. And proper Georgia moonshine.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I loved watching tough guy Marines pound soju and the subsequent results "what is this weak pussy poo poo"

That poo poo is no joke

lol to everyone's dismay isn't South Korea rated as the #1 boozing country

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

MA-Horus posted:

Yeah, the drunkest I've ever been is from soju. The hangover the next day was horrendous, and not helped by the fact that I had to spend it on some old as gently caress ROK bunker that smelled like poo poo mixed with rubber cement. I prayed that the NORKS would lob a SRBM at us just to put me out of my misery. I still can't drink it straight, or even really smell it, without getting sick.

Drinking it in the form of chu-hi is a great way to find housewives and Japanese women who want to make some poor life choices though. :smug:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

There was a marine that didn't show up to formation. He was found in the parking lot of the bar on base after evidently getting in a drinking contest with sailors from the UK.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
On a similar note, don't go drinking with the Royal Australian AF. They will put you under.

The JASDF dudes were cool as hell and could drink.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

On a similar note, don't go drinking with the Royal Australian AF. They will put you under.

Concur. We had an Aussie MCC on a Red Flag TDY. After at least 3L of beer with dinner and I honestly don't remember what else, I puked so much I got a callsign out of it, and that fucker probably could've passed a sobriety test.

Story time: As we walked to the 15 pax, I was hammered and sick. I didn't want to call attention to myself so I kind of threw up a little at a time as I walked. I probably thought I was in the back of the group. I was not. On the ride back, I'm in and out of consciousness, sitting in the seat closest to the main side door. Someone woke me up prior to driving through the gate, and I promptly lost a ton of beer and spaetzle...I had just enough presence of mind to aim for the little rubber step but I kind of got it all over the inside of the door. Naturally (and fairly) I had to clean it out the next day...but I was sick as gently caress and if I could've breathed through my nose I'd have realized that what appeared to be clean still smelled awful. Turns out I got it in through all the little gaps in the panels, the speaker grille, etc. Everyone else's complaints about the baked vomit smell made sense once I ripped the interior panel off. That's the end of the story as far as my crew was concerned, and that's the entirety of the story that came out at the next callsign night. But I digress. After getting back to the Warrior Inn (Nellis has two "inns," we were in the old haunted one but the lobby and front desk are in the other), I got up to my room to discover that before I even started drinking, I'd loving LOCKED MY KEY IN THE ROOM. And I had to throw up again. I found a restroom and threw up in a urinal. I don't know how I had anything left after the shenanigans in the van, but yeah this was also a large quantity. I was so drunk I could barely stand, and decided that walking across the base in the general direction that I though the lobby might be in would be a bad idea. For some reason the van was unlocked, so I slept for like 4 hours on one of the benches. When I woke up, I was a little better off...called the base taxi to take me to the lobby and back, flipped my shirt inside-out before he got there, and probably woke up the poor Services dude working the desk to get a new key card.

That trip was loving awesome.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NN7J-BpHGw

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Absinthe is the only thing that has ever gotten me banned from a bar and resulted in me puking all over a street in Idaho Falls, so I think that wins for me.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Reverand maynard posted:

He was found in the parking lot of the bar on base after evidently getting in a drinking contest with sailors from the UK.

My last assignment was in London and one of the guys I used to hit the pub with said he was hungover once he hit 15 double vodkas and redbulls. I saw him hit 7 doubles and I swear he was sober.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

TCD posted:

My last assignment was in London and one of the guys I used to hit the pub with said he was hungover once he hit 15 double vodkas and redbulls. I saw him hit 7 doubles and I swear he was sober.

My roommate in Japan invented some horrendous hosed up concoction he called JP-5 which was like 50-50 Hennessy and 151 in a tall highball glass with a tiny bit of lime. I watched him drink 3 of them back to back while the bartender in Okinawa eyed the phoned wondering if she was going to have to call an ambulance to get him carted away. Dude was completely fine :psyduck:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Bolow posted:

My roommate in Japan invented some horrendous hosed up concoction he called JP-5 which was like 50-50 Hennessy and 151 in a tall highball glass with a tiny bit of lime. I watched him drink 3 of them back to back while the bartender in Okinawa eyed the phoned wondering if she was going to have to call an ambulance to get him carted away. Dude was completely fine :psyduck:

Must have pounded a bunch of the "liver drink" from the 7-11.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol apparently none of you got to experience the wild ride synergy of 4loko

Against a friend's recommendation I drank two. You NEVER drink two.

Woo boy that stuff

This was me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGY44DIQb-A

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 6, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
ive had 4 4lokos or jooses once or twice. mostly just remember making fun of freshmen at bus stops.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
drunk thread

who made the GiP dick art coffee table book

I made a twitter friend that's trying to do the same thing and wants to know details and it's been like seventy bazillion years since it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Grem posted:

Why did Ouzo get me so loving drunk? That was weird, I've drank way more of every type of liquor than I did last night. That poo poo is evil.

Ouzo is indeed evil as gently caress.

• Locked thread