Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
PS4 is for adults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

lite_sleepr posted:

PS4 is for adults.

Honest question, what is the difference? I had a PS3 but it's starting to die. Had a 360 too but got the red ring back in the day.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Xbox one has the wrong ram

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Rekinom posted:

Honest question, what is the difference? I had a PS3 but it's starting to die. Had a 360 too but got the red ring back in the day.

The games you want to play, really. The PS4 Pro was just released and it's objectively better than the PS4 Slim or launch edition.

Just think back to what games you liked to play as a kid: if you liked RPGs and poo poo, the PS4 has that market cornered. It also has better exclusives because of Bloodborne and companies like Capcom and SquareEnix.

But gently caress it buy both with that fat stack you're sitting on :money:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

PS4 is for adults who are into kids.

anime

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

Rekinom posted:

I'm on 3 months of terminal leave with no wife, no kid, no work, no responsibilities, and sitting on a ton of cash. If I was single, I'd go to Australia (cuz summer) and pound jungle fever craving pussy like it was going out of style.

But tbqh I think I'm just gonna chill in my moms unoccupied downtown luxury condo, buy an Xbox or ps4 (haven't decided which one yet) and just play madden all day every day while getting swole at the gym.

Every instinct tells me I should be getting blackout drunk, raging, and partying at the bars which are like literally a block away. But I think I might just be turning into a boring old man.

I really like this post.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Xbox one has the wrong ram

Something PC Master Race?

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Helldump Immunity posted:

I really like this post.

:glomp:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

I'll admit it, I'm a weeby gently caress who's stuck with the Playstation since the PS2 days because of JRPGs. poo poo, I'm still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Haha, someone in my squadron is on reddit: https://reddit.com/r/AirForce/comments/5mm97w/restriction_of_flight_suit_use/

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Rekinom posted:

I had both and the PS4 was better. The load times and pretty much everything. But you just want to play sports ball so I suggest the bro box. I hear its a better way to meet bros who wanna get swole too.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Do you bag wearers know where your Abus are?

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

lite_sleepr posted:

I would be surprised if anyone didn't. Having the right rank on them, on the other hand...

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
What about your flight cap?

In MY air force?!

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

lite_sleepr posted:

Actually, I seemingly have them with name tapes and all... and the button on rank. They are the old crappy heavyweight material, so I think I got them ~2011 when they were optional and issued for deployments.

Bit tight tho.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
I've officially been in for two years and all I've gotten was a squadron morale shirt and a Zoloft prescription that stops me from drinking.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a new workplace violence video they put out that has a creepy guy in glasses punch the wall or his cubicle and knocking down a calendar when he doesn't get promoted, making threatening Facebook comments to his girlfriend, and then finally shooting up his work center. It's a lot of fun.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

link it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They had an unlisted Youtube link to it in a mass training thing. As soon as the PowerPoint gets released I should be able to find it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a new workplace violence video they put out that has a creepy guy in glasses punch the wall or his cubicle and knocking down a calendar when he doesn't get promoted, making threatening Facebook comments to his girlfriend, and then finally shooting up his work center. It's a lot of fun.

If only he had volunteered to run a bake sale, or acted as a SQ POC for CFC, he'd have got that must promote!

e: my wife is getting to experience air force retardery like the rest of us.

My wife is the front desk clerk at lodging, and a housekeeper found a gun in a guest's room after checkout. No big deal you would think, right? Call the guy, tell him hey you forgot your gun, life goes on after an embarrassed dude comes back for his property.

Nope. Policy says you're supposed to call SFS, who then get OSI involved, and hell why not get the local sheriffs department to come on base too. 4 bored air force security guards show up, an OSI guy, and a county sheriff's deputy. All begin questioning all people involved with such intensity, you'd think they uncovered a Ft. Dix style bomb plot. All 3 agencies work through 2 housekeepers, my wife (heh), and presumably get ahold of all of the off duty managers.

What a retarded over reaction to a rather mundane happening. What makes it worse, though, is that there is never a manager on duty. If anything weird happens the best anyone can hope for is to leave a note or a voicemail for one of the real managers, and hope it's good enough.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 9, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It kind of is a big deal. That guy could be looking at federal charges.

Edit: The whole situation is stupid, but until the rules on privately owned firearms get fixed, that's exactly the reaction I'd expect.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
It's what I expect, too, but I don't think for the same reasons as you.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
That Colonel in New York that raped (statutory) a 15 year old girl three times is only getting 6 months in jail and ten years of probation. Oh, and he gets to keep his retirement.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Of course he does. That man is a Hero and shame on you for even bringing it up.

In other news, do all personnel flights suck or is it just the ones I talk to?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hamlet442 posted:

That Colonel in New York that raped (statutory) a 15 year old girl three times is only getting 6 months in jail and ten years of probation. Oh, and he gets to keep his retirement.

Oh! Let's the play the "What If He Was Junior Enlisted?" game!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Sure!

I worked with a guy named A1C Hartley at Eglin AFB in the early 00's. Back when MySpace was the rage, he hooked up with a 15/16 year old while he was 19/20. NO way could have told she was a minor either, unless you carded her, and be honest, nobody cards girls. She regrets the hook up, reports him, and after a standard trial he gets 2 or 4 years in jail for statutory rape, sex offender registration, and a dishonorable. Will this O6 need to register as a sex offender?

Jr enlisted statuatory rape? Years in prison.

Field grade officer statuatory rape? A slap on the wrist and probation.

And the winner is.... officers. Did you think it would be different?

Belgian Waffle posted:

Of course he does. That man is a Hero and shame on you for even bringing it up.

In other news, do all personnel flights suck or is it just the ones I talk to?

I'm a personnelist, so... yes. But not really. It depends...

Is that the sort of clarity in answers you get from the MPS where you are?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 9, 2017

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If he was junior enlisted he probably would have tried to play it off like she just regretted the hookup and

lite_sleepr posted:

I worked with a guy named A1C Hartley at Eglin AFB in the early 00's. Back when MySpace was the rage, he hooked up with a 15/16 year old while he was 19/20. NO way could have told she was a minor either, unless you carded her, and be honest, nobody cards girls. She regrets the hook up, reports him, and after a standard trial he gets 2 or 4 years in jail for statutory rape, sex offender registration, and a dishonorable.

lol

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Prop Wash posted:

If he was junior enlisted he probably would have tried to play it off like she just regretted the hookup and

lol

Be honest, though, you didn't have that response in your head before reading my post.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm a personnelist, so... yes. But not really. It depends...

Is that the sort of clarity in answers you get from the MPS where you are?

I wish. Our people just sort of sit on things and then blame it on "the process" like I don't use that same excuse to put off something I don't want to do

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
They may be right, though probably not, depending on what it is.

:feelsgood:

http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-gay-veteran-honorable-discharge-20170109-story.html

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 10, 2017

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
So apparently nearly all tattoos are now allowed. A good change? :wtf:

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

TLG James posted:

So apparently nearly all tattoos are now allowed. A good change? :wtf:

All tattoos or all locations? Or both?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Hamlet442 posted:

All tattoos or all locations? Or both?

No longer a 25% rule. Everything except hands/neck/face. Full sleeves are allowed.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

TLG James posted:

No longer a 25% rule. Everything except hands/neck/face. Full sleeves are allowed.

Jesus, it's about time. Found the article for others who are interested.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

HellishWhiskers posted:

I've officially been in for two years and all I've gotten was a squadron morale shirt and a Zoloft prescription that stops me from drinking.

Hey thats pretty good! I havent gotten any of that stuff I guess im not trying hard enough. Keep up the good work you're what keeps the AF ticking!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Any idea if a "business communications" class would coubt for CCAF? I was doing UCA interviews and one of our guys has a bachelors already but hasn't put in for his CCAF yet. He didn't take public speaking but has this business comm class.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Any idea if a "business communications" class would coubt for CCAF? I was doing UCA interviews and one of our guys has a bachelors already but hasn't put in for his CCAF yet. He didn't take public speaking but has this business comm class.

It may now. The speech requirement for CCAF this year is being replaced. You can now do speech or two written communications classes. I'll need to get to my .af email to get the details.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Incoming pilot.txt post

Yesterday was a fun MPS day. A 2LT from the OG strides into the outbound office all huffy like and tersely demands to speak to someone. Oh, sure second lieutenant, by all means, bypass the other two folks who've been waiting before you.

He gets to speak to an outbound counselor, of which there are 3 for the entire base, and proceeds to begin cursing her out.

"This is BULLSHIT! Why don't I have my ORDERS YET?!"

*a remarkably reserved and patient explanation about his failed requirement to request his ADSC from the ADSC team at AFPC*

"I ALREADY DID ONE WHEN I BECAME A loving PILOT. THIS IS BULLSHIT."

At this point the girl loses her confidence and shuts down.

To conclude, like every single dipshit bag wearing autist in the air force, he failed to follow simple instructions, didn't read emails, and sat on his thumbs for ~4 months because he didn't think he had to get another ADSC again. Never mind that ADSC's run concurrently, and are required for ALL forms of upgrade training, unless specifically waived, in writing. The training after UPT is not, and you're required to submit a request to AFPC to find out if you need an ADSC. 8 times out of 10 you don't, but unless YOU, the member, requests it and gets a yea or nay, you won't get your orders.

This kid had literally 3 hurdles to jump to get his orders, in 4 months, and he failed to do it, presumably because he's an entitled pilot dickhead. He could have literally taken a month off after getting his notification of an assignment, then accomplished 1 thing per month, and still got his orders.

We were told by our flight chief that his commander 'locked him up,' and through our flight chief, offered a sincere apology. Which translates to nothing happened, the poor girl gets nothing from anyone in the form of an apology, another small penis having bag wearer gets to move on thinking the air force does in fact exist to serve him, and it's cool to piss in the face of the personnelists. I bet his commander high fived him.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 12, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What would you like to have happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
The gently caress do you think? The 2LT come back and apologize in person to the girl he cussed out.

You know, like how grown adults behave. But we can't have pilots or their commanders seen admitting when they acted like cocks and apologizing to noners.

• Locked thread