Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm on a the Lt's side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I secretly am too.

I mean, he was only told two times: once during his initial notification, and another a month later when he inquired about where his orders were.

Honestly I think we should do everything for them. They've got enough going on :patriot:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

lite_sleepr posted:

The gently caress do you think? The 2LT come back and apologize in person to the girl he cussed out.

You know, like how grown adults behave. But we can't have pilots or their commanders seen admitting when they acted like cocks and apologizing to noners.

Fair enough, I agree with that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Really, he just jumped the gun. Soon enough his paperwork will be legit hosed on his behalf.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
IKR. Like when he goes up for major and he never once bothered to perform his data verification brief, despite annual notifications from MyPers to do so on his birthday. Then he gets his commander involved because his 4th air medal he got for flying in a holding pattern for 2 hours over some patch of mountain a general thought was cool didn't get updated, and it's the MPS' fault and we cost him a promotion.

Godholio posted:

Fair enough, I agree with that.

In all seriousness though, this would at least show that his commander gave enough of a squirt to recognize the behavior was unacceptable.

Personally I'd like to see him get an LOR for violations of article 134 for profanity, article 133 for conduct unbecoming, and DNIF'd for 6 months at his follow on because he doesn't deserve to fly :shobon: Then during his DNIF status he's whored out as a casual O3 to an MPS customer service section answering phones all day from confused retirees who had their 12 years expired IDs confiscated at the gate.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 12, 2017

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
wish i had known trying to go Intel Tech school in the Guard was as much of a shitshow as it is. The unit i originally switched too constantly has intel AFSCs open because their Non Priors will go a year or more with a break in training after BMT, waiting for a Tech School seat. I was hoping to gently caress around with a bullshit job and little expenses before leaving for tech school. Looks like ill have to get a big boy job :'(

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

At this point the girl loses her confidence and shuts down.

Where was the NCOIC to defend the Personnelist, calm down the Lt, and show him where and when he was notified via email/myPers? I used to print out everything so that they always felt really dumb trying to storm into the office and I have proof that I emailed them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hamlet442 posted:

Where was the NCOIC to defend the Personnelist, calm down the Lt, and show him where and when he was notified via email/myPers? I used to print out everything so that they always felt really dumb trying to storm into the office and I have proof that I emailed them.

He was busy writing bullets in his cube while trying to determine which excuses he's used lately to leave early

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

lite_sleepr posted:

The gently caress do you think? The 2LT come back and apologize in person to the girl he cussed out.

You know, like how grown adults behave. But we can't have pilots or their commanders seen admitting when they acted like cocks and apologizing to noners.

And if the 2LT had acted like an adult in the first place, then the girl probably wouldn't have shut down, and could easily explain what had gone wrong and what the 2LT should do to fix it.

But then everyone might have assumed he was a small penis having bag wearer*, and we can't have that.

*First read that as "small penis wearing bag haver", and I'm a little sadder now it isn't the case.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Hamlet442 posted:

Don't know :(

Larry Parrish posted:

He was busy writing bullets in his cube while trying to determine which excuses he's used lately to leave early

If an NCOIC doesn't do this then they don't deserve their stripes IMHO

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I mean normally I'd call you a loving nonner but that LT definitely needs to come in and apologize. I think the best way for that to happen is for your flight commander to stand up for his dudes and speak with the LT's flight commander. No matter how lovely the system, it's safe to say that an institutional problem is not a SrA's fault and it's super lovely to try and push one around.

lite_sleepr posted:

The personnelist in question is a new GS-5 :kiddo:

even worse then!

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 12, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
The personnelist in question is a new GS-5 :kiddo:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The MSG/CC or whatever needs to bring this incident up at wing standup.

I'm not joking.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

quote:

We were told by our flight chief that his commander 'locked him up,' and through our flight chief, offered a sincere apology. Which translates to nothing happened, the poor girl gets nothing from anyone in the form of an apology, another small penis having bag wearer gets to move on thinking the air force does in fact exist to serve him, and it's cool to piss in the face of the personnelists. I bet his commander high fived him.

He is a very, very misguided 2d Lt. Unfortunately, he probably mistook advice from someone (another 2d Lt).

I don't think he should have to come back to apologize, but I do think he should be receiving an LoR that follows him to his next base, or the current commander should call the next Commander and give him a heads up.

Rest assured, if it really went down as you describe, he will get hosed up. But Officer hosed up is different then enlisted hosed up. Y'all want immediate justice, that's not how it works in our world (short of doing something criminal.)

Sorry you had to deal with that, not all of us are like that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

An LoR? Are you loving serious?

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I disagree and I'm just a lowly enlisted guy. LoR fucks his career and he's just starting and learning. It's likely he's just frustrated at the assignment process and is ignorant of it. He probably heard from several classmates that they had received their orders but he hadn't received his yet. He's likely convinced he turned everything in and is pissed because now he has to scramble to PCS and get all of his poo poo to whatever duty station he's going to. A talking to or "mentoring" by his leadership and a simple apology will serve to make him a better officer rather than giving him an LoR for losing his cool in an office. I have the same opinion if it were some Airman. I hold the belief that paperwork is used far too often and severely when you can just talk to them to figure out what the issue is and resolve it. Punishing him while he's already frustrated and confused with the PCS process is only going to make it worse.

And the Air Force's policy on avoiding swearing is loving stupid.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hamlet442 posted:

I disagree and I'm just a lowly enlisted guy. LoR fucks his career and he's just starting and learning. It's likely he's just frustrated at the assignment process and is ignorant of it. He probably heard from several classmates that they had received their orders but he hadn't received his yet. He's likely convinced he turned everything in and is pissed because now he has to scramble to PCS and get all of his poo poo to whatever duty station he's going to. A talking to or "mentoring" by his leadership and a simple apology will serve to make him a better officer rather than giving him an LoR for losing his cool in an office. I have the same opinion if it were some Airman. I hold the belief that paperwork is used far too often and severely when you can just talk to them to figure out what the issue is and resolve it. Punishing him while he's already frustrated and confused with the PCS process is only going to make it worse.

And the Air Force's policy on avoiding swearing is loving stupid.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

lite_sleepr posted:

IKR. Like when he goes up for major and he never once bothered to perform his data verification brief, despite annual notifications from MyPers to do so on his birthday. Then he gets his commander involved because his 4th air medal he got for flying in a holding pattern for 2 hours over some patch of mountain a general thought was cool didn't get updated, and it's the MPS' fault and we cost him a promotion.

In all seriousness though, this would at least show that his commander gave enough of a squirt to recognize the behavior was unacceptable.

Personally I'd like to see him get an LOR for violations of article 134 for profanity, article 133 for conduct unbecoming, and DNIF'd for 6 months at his follow on because he doesn't deserve to fly :shobon: Then during his DNIF status he's whored out as a casual O3 to an MPS customer service section answering phones all day from confused retirees who had their 12 years expired IDs confiscated at the gate.

insecurity.txt

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hamlet442 posted:

LoR fucks his career and he's just starting and learning. I

An LOR actually probably gets him discharged in a couple of years, maybe much sooner. He's non-promotable. With an LOR on file, his gaining commander probably fills out a PRF to justify a non-promote to 1Lt.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Good insights all around , except from rek. An lor is way too severe.

It's over, and I'm reeling from the latest hilarity. We were instructed to use the latest letterhead that has some graphic on it relating to the af 70 birthday. Some O5 in the wing said it spreads awareness of our illustrious heritage and fosters pride.

All current products in the state point are to be redone with this new letterhead 2.0

Anyone else seen it?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Just give him an LOC. But fucker didn't do his duty and fill out his paperwork proper, doesn't excuse his attitude, he should've been begging for help, not chewing airmen out for something he didn't comply with.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
There's no need for paperwork as long as he delivers a humiliating apology in person, preferably with a lone tear rolling gently down his soft cheek.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Rekinom posted:

insecurity.txt

Yeah this.

Who the hell cares? Did he apologize? That should be all that's required in the situation, but yeah totally screw over some kid because he lost his cool once. :jerkbag:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Just give him an LOC. But fucker didn't do his duty and fill out his paperwork proper, doesn't excuse his attitude, he should've been begging for help, not chewing airmen out for something he didn't comply with.

He's done with training, so it would have to be a real LOC. And that also might make him non-promotable unless he saves a bunch of children from a burning orphanage and blows his gaining SQ and OG commanders daily. It's possible it would only push O-2 back a year, which he can recover from if we end up going to war again and budgets return to the point where people aren't being thrown out the door by the shovelful.

This is a guy the USAF just spent between 2 and 4 million dollars training. An LOC for an officer is not at all equivalent to an LOC for enlisted. It literally can lead to discharge; probably overkill for a guy who was mean to a girl.

Edit: He definitely got off easy; I'd like to think he really did get ripped by his squadron, and it might have actually happened. But they really should've made him apologize in person.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

lite_sleepr posted:

Good insights all around , except from rek. An lor is way too severe.

It's over, and I'm reeling from the latest hilarity. We were instructed to use the latest letterhead that has some graphic on it relating to the af 70 birthday. Some O5 in the wing said it spreads awareness of our illustrious heritage and fosters pride.

All current products in the state point are to be redone with this new letterhead 2.0

Anyone else seen it?

The new letterhead is meant to be used across the Air Force, as far as I know. I got an email about it yesterday. Nothing about re-accomplishing existing paperwork, though. We were just told to use it for the remainder of 2017. Makes no difference to me, it's just a letterhead shell. Of all the things that you could give a poo poo about, I don't know why this would be a blip on your radar.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arc Light posted:

The new letterhead is meant to be used across the Air Force, as far as I know. I got an email about it yesterday. Nothing about re-accomplishing existing paperwork, though. We were just told to use it for the remainder of 2017. Makes no difference to me, it's just a letterhead shell. Of all the things that you could give a poo poo about, I don't know why this would be a blip on your radar.

I have 7 things I have to take down and redo because I have a super try hard boss.

It's only a blip in the sense that it is so usaf.txt that it's funny. Nothing to cry in a beer over.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah this.

Who the hell cares? Did he apologize? That should be all that's required in the situation, but yeah totally screw over some kid because he lost his cool once. :jerkbag:

No, he didn't. Sucks that you think it's NBD for the exalted officer corps to poo poo all over people :/

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
oh okay

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That is what crew chiefs are known for.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

lite_sleepr posted:

No, he didn't. Sucks that you think it's NBD for the exalted officer corps to poo poo all over people :/

Gee, if only you didn't commit to spending 20 years in literally the only organization on Earth where the one group you apparently disdain and hate has way more power and privilege than everyone else, and there's nothing you can do when some girl gets yelled at and her fee fees get hurt.

I mean, if I hated lawyers, I wouldn't spend 20 years as a paralegal in a law firm.

"but muh tricare" yes I know...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time I get reminded of all the cool officers I've worked for and with, Rek posts and reminds me how pilots really are

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Larry Parrish posted:

Every time I get reminded of all the cool officers I've worked for and with, Rek posts and reminds me how pilots really are

Flying a gas station for a living changes a man.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

whatspeakyou posted:

Flying a gas station for a living changes a man.

I tried to think of a good reply but I always forget who you are and now I'm too old and lazy to make the effort.

So just pretend I said something clever here.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Larry Parrish posted:

Larry why is your platinum user account icon way different?

Rekinom posted:

Gee, if only you didn't commit to spending 20 years in literally the only organization on Earth where the one group you apparently disdain and hate has way more power and privilege than everyone else, and there's nothing you can do when some girl gets yelled at and her fee fees get hurt.

I mean, if I hated lawyers, I wouldn't spend 20 years as a paralegal in a law firm.

"but muh tricare" yes I know...

It's not just the military that practices toxic cronyism.

Also, I can count on one hand the number of times officers tried to pull the 'i'm an officer' card in 15 years. 1 time at the combined club (ugh) on Columbus, and this incident. I can also count on one hand the number of times a senior enlisted dude got all huffy and stormed out of an office promising retribution, or 'gonna go to my commander about you!' Nothing ever comes of it, but it's still sad to see.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 19, 2017

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Why the gently caress do I have to do this stupid loving informed decision briefing. I have real work to do and it doesn't involve powerpoint.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
You need to be informed in your decision.

No shows go to your commander.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Rekinom posted:

I tried to think of a good reply but I always forget who you are and now I'm too old and lazy to make the effort.

So just pretend I said something clever here.

Yeah this doesn't support the idea that you're a giant toolbag at all. :jerkbag:

Shalhavet posted:

Why the gently caress do I have to do this stupid loving informed decision briefing. I have real work to do and it doesn't involve powerpoint.

Is this thing still a briefing where "we're not trying to convince you to stay in, but here's a giant packet of bullshit that makes civilian life look like a giant mistake" occurs? I don't really recall the one I had to sit through but I vaguely remember it including this.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

whatspeakyou posted:

Yeah this doesn't support the idea that you're a giant toolbag at all. :jerkbag:

Is this thing still a briefing where "we're not trying to convince you to stay in, but here's a giant packet of bullshit that makes civilian life look like a giant mistake" occurs? I don't really recall the one I had to sit through but I vaguely remember it including this.

That's what it is, yes.

The Precise and Accurate Facts Benefits Sheet is on a pedestal which is on a raise dais in the middle of the 1st floor conference room.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

The TSgt in mine claimed that $700 a month was a reasonable number for monthly health care on the outside. Look at all the money you're saving staying in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
That's probably not far from the truth. A ladyfriend who works for DynCorp pays $900 a month for Blue Cross Blue Shield.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 20, 2017

• Locked thread