Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I haven't really been paying attention to the election thing but I've been hearing a lot of whiny babymen in expensive suits crying about Hillary Clinton lost because even though she had the popular vote and the unanimous support of everyone who's allowed on television in or outside of the US, somehow a team of futuristic tracksuit-wearing Russian hackers hosed up the vote in a couple of backwoods states which caused the election to go to Donald Trump because otherwise those people who Hillary wouldn't have spit on would have sprung for her if they were left to their own devices and not mind-jiggled by the Kremlin.

Now I know GBS is not political so if you could give me the good oil on this without any reference to politics at all that'd be super. I will report any political responses to the mod team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
vladimir computin

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Olive juice is good oil, peanut juice is real good oil

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hardawn posted:

Olive juice is good oil, peanut juice is real good oil

i like that sesame oil myself but chugging it doesn't bring me any closer to the truth

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

everybody loves a fat guy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

everybody loves a fat guy

this checks out. Taft, history's fattest president, had to be jimmied out of a bathtub and everyone loved the poo poo out of him

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
it was close enough so basically any plausible theory tipped the election so yah

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Trump won because Hillary Clinton looks like an extra from the Walking Dead

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

VikingSkull posted:

I would have characterised her as something out of "They Live" or maybe "Mars Attacks" but I think we're on the same channel here

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bip Roberts posted:

it was close enough so basically any plausible theory tipped the election so yah

is it possible that a particular Rare Pepe swung this one way or the other?

is it possible to find this Pepe?

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
I'm pretty sure when you find malware "associated with Russia" on a computer it means Putin himself is directing a massive espionage effort.

In other news, the New York Times is reporting that an AK-47 was found in a DC crackhouse and a Russian invasion is imminent.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

thathonkey posted:

vladimir computin

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
putin hacks everything. he hacks webcams so that he can see you masturbate. he hacks cell phones so he can hear you poop.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The commies are definitely behind the most capitalistic person in the world becoming president. That makes a whole lot of sense and is clearly not the rantings of mentally ill people. :tinfoil:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

VikingSkull posted:

If how one looks correlates to their performance of how one will do as president then Trump is a dumpster fire.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

we just found a Russian worm in a vermont power company laptop like yesterday and he's still posting like putin agreed to take him to prom

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
putin hacked the constitution to add in the electoral college since this was previously done by popular vote

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MageMage posted:

If how one looks correlates to their performance of how one will do as president then Trump is a dumpster fire.

like, I don't disagree with this

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

A misanthrope posted:

we just found a Russian worm in a vermont power company laptop like yesterday and he's still posting like putin agreed to take him to prom

just lol if you think the US doesn't do this globally

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
A) Russia probably pulled some poo poo because they're always pulling poo poo
B) The reporting on this in mainstream sources has been really, really bad
C) Clinton lost narrowly so possible hacks had an impact, but she being a lovely candidate was more important w/r/t the loss

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MageMage posted:

Trumpster fire.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I sorta feel like whether the Ruskies were involved or not, by the time the hacked emails were disbursed most people knew who they were voting for and anyone who was undecided by then and/or swayed one way or the other by the emails is definitely a moron.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A misanthrope posted:

The loving navy just made a public commercial saying all the poo poo they were gonna do to their own country. I don't think Russia has anything to benefit by loving with our power grid. Cheney/bush/foreign oil company developers do however.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

frogge posted:

I sorta feel like whether the Ruskies were involved or not, by the time the hacked emails were disbursed most people knew who they were voting for and anyone who was undecided by then and/or swayed one way or the other by the emails is definitely a moron.

Spoiler alert: there are a lot of morons

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

It's probably some silly propaganda shat out by the mainstream media.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Hillary: RUSSIA HACKED THE ELECTION!!!
Putin: Prove it.
silence
Hillary: COOOOOMEEEEEEEY!!!

Trump won because nobody wants a reptilian monarch from Little Rock.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol this is the man we elected to lead our country :lol:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

just lol if you think the US doesn't do this globally

so it's ok now when it is done to us? just because to think the opposite way makes you feel stupid for voting trump?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

phasmid posted:

Hillary: RUSSIA HACKED THE ELECTION!!!
Putin: Prove it.
silence
Hillary: COOOOOMEEEEEEEY!!!

Trump won because nobody wants a reptilian monarch from Little Rock.

when a romanian hacker reveals the truth about your criminal nature the only fair response is to become completely immune to the law and to exploit people's ignorance of russia and memories of the cold war to divert their attention (unsuccessfully)

frogge posted:

i would agree she was already dangerously close to losing if you ignored cnn and msnbc polls anyway, even if we are retarded enough as a society to go 'i never read them emails because they were none of my business! drat ruskies revealing our secret true lies!!!'

extra stout fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 31, 2016

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goons this is not a thread for politics it says so in the title

Can someone tell me how to report you all on awful app?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the paper released basically says the dnc got hacked by a routine email phishing scam or maybe even by running an attachment that installed the spyware ... poo poo big corporations train even their least important drones how to avoid

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

MageMage posted:

He lloks like poo poo but also still better than Clinton

Multiply this out among all the other characteristics and this is basically how he won.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

thathonkey posted:

the paper released basically says the dnc got hacked by a routine email phishing scam or maybe even by running an attachment that installed the spyware ... poo poo big corporations train even their least important drones how to avoid

who was the guy who became famous for coming late to work constantly, objecting to lying and accidentally giving out debbie wasserman schultz private phone number? pablo?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mameluke posted:

Goons this is not a thread for politics it says so in the title

Can someone tell me how to report you all on awful app?

i've hit the report limit and have been pming the mods continuously for the last half hour

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A misanthrope posted:

lol this is the man we elected to lead our country :lol:

agreed, he owns

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

A misanthrope posted:

so it's ok now when it is done to us? just because to think the opposite way makes you feel stupid for voting trump?

I don't think anyone with these avatars actually voted for the Trumpenator

but yeah it doesn't make it ok, but the government wigging out about it is the height of hypocrisy especially when it's the same administration that released Stuxnet, an actual, no poo poo damaging worm, into the wild

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've been grunting and blowing my nose a lot when i poop lately so i bet putin was very entertained by those recordings

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

extra stout posted:

when a romanian hacker reveals the truth about your criminal nature the only fair response is to become completely immune to the law and to exploit people's ignorance of russia and memories of the cold war to divert their attention (unsuccessfully)
People just flat-out ignore that the dude was Romanian. He's a slav, so that's enough.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Russia "hacked" the election by releasing embarrassing private information that was also entirely true and correct. Clinton and the DNC never even tried to deny the actual content of the leaks because they were all 100% true.

In other words, Russia did Americans a solid by doing what the media refused to do, which is to report truthfully on Clinton and the DNC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extra stout posted:

i would agree she was already dangerously close to losing if you ignored cnn and msnbc polls anyway, even if we are retarded enough as a society to go 'i never read them emails because they were none of my business! drat ruskies revealing our secret true lies!!!'

could you provide examples of her criminal nature? i see butthurt righties being triggered by her supposed crimes a lot but none of them have ever said what that crime is

• Locked thread