Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Here's the place for all your gamertags and whatnot, along with discussing the GIP Flavor of the Month game

Post your tags and what you're playing most these days, and we can go back to talking about how good MGSV is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Steam: Mike-o
PSN: m1k3-0

Kinda been taking a break from gaming for now but I've been popping into MGSV every now and then to slowly work towards 100%

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Here's the place for all your gamertags and whatnot, along with discussing the GIP Flavor of the Month game

Post your tags and what you're playing most these days, and we can go back to talking about how good MGSV is

:effort:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rimworld is pure strain autism and I can't get away. :argh:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Rimworld is pure strain autism and I can't get away. :argh:

Play factorio my lord

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Play factorio my lord

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Xbone/360: Two Finger

Steam: alisdairnw

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
PSN: The_Perfect_Dump
Steam: THE GAY AGENDA
Bnet: UpYoursPal#1542

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Steam: Hekk
PSN: Leftie247

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Deathy McDeath posted:

PSN: The_Perfect_Dump
Steam: THE GAY AGENDA
Bnet: UpYoursPal#1542

My husband laughs every time your PSN comes up.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Redacted

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 24, 2021

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Steam: Nuclear Tourist

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Steam: LostCosmonaut61
Battle.net: YuriGagarin

Been playing a good amount of Overwatch and Children of a Dead Earth lately. Also World of Tanks and Elite:Dangerous because I hate myself.

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 1, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
can i be a cool kid too?

steam : wangchungtonight

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im redoing it once we get more people in

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

any minimalist computer desk recommendations? Something with bookshelf type storage would be cool. Just need something that's not too wide. I have that generic rebranded glass L-shape desk you see everywhere but it's too cumbersome and time to get rid of it.

I have a Samsung 34" WQHD, so it has to accommodate that. I like having my monitor sitting up high a bit, eye level. I noticed there's not really any desks with a built in VESA mount, will the attachable ones suffice for a 34"? I run a surface pro with a dock connected to my mechanical keyboard and mouse.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 1, 2017

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

My wife got a really nice computer desk off of Wayfair, only downside is you have to piece it together.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

My wife got a really nice computer desk off of Wayfair, only downside is you have to piece it together.

First world problems

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The answer to any question "nice inexpensive furniture" is Ikea and it always will be.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The answer to any question "nice inexpensive furniture" is Ikea and it always will be.
Truth, I've had the same desk from them that I bought six years ago. Holds up incredibly well and was only 100 or so.

I also bought that 250 dollar Markus chair or whatever it's called. Worth every penny.

Steam: Handsome Ralph
Origin: Handsome_Ralph
PSN: Whodares86
XBL: Whodares

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Steam id: korindou

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Steam: mancxvi
Battle.net: wpo#11799

I mostly play Overwatch these days, at least while school isn't hectic.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

any minimalist computer desk recommendations? Something with bookshelf type storage would be cool. Just need something that's not too wide. I have that generic rebranded glass L-shape desk you see everywhere but it's too cumbersome and time to get rid of it.

I have a Samsung 34" WQHD, so it has to accommodate that. I like having my monitor sitting up high a bit, eye level. I noticed there's not really any desks with a built in VESA mount, will the attachable ones suffice for a 34"? I run a surface pro with a dock connected to my mechanical keyboard and mouse.

Build one. I had a whiteboard desk with a frame made out of steel pipe for a while, then I upgraded to an IKEA countertop on sawhorses.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Steam: Pesticide20, rolling as Abu Hajaar
Origin: Pesticide19
PSN: LeatherDaddy69 - I don't actually play many games on PS4, I mostly have it for my girlfriend and I to play the lego games together
Uplay: Abu_Hajaar
battle.net: Chernobog#1801

I've mostly been playing BF1 lately, but I've been trying to get back into Elite Dangerous. Overwatch every now and then, occasionally poo poo like L4D2 with crazy mods, HOI4, Stellaris, Dirt Rally, and a bunch of other games.

http://steamleft.com/span/76561197983453858

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Their $20 desk tops are dogshit and get scratched if you so much as breathe on them but they're $20 desk tops so I can't complain. I got a setup with two adjustable trestle legs that looks pretty nice and only cost me like $60 altogether.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Is anyone in the market for a new gonzo monitor? I just picked up a new Acer Predator x34 and I'm looking to sell off my Dell U3415W. It's about a year old and in flawless condition, with the original box and everything. PM me and we can discuss price and shipping and such.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deathy McDeath posted:

Is anyone in the market for a new gonzo monitor? I just picked up a new Acer Predator x34 and I'm looking to sell off my Dell U3415W. It's about a year old and in flawless condition, with the original box and everything. PM me and we can discuss price and shipping and such.

I will draw a dick for you for that monitor

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
His dicks are magical, you should take that deal.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I use one similar to this.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/471391/Realspace-Folding-Table-4-Wide-29/

Cheap. Big. Sturdy. Lots of room.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hey idiots, do you like crusader kings II?

How about the entire game without the map or combat.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/474750/

It is a dollar atm and good

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Third World Reggin posted:

Hey idiots, do you like crusader kings II?

How about the entire game without the map or combat.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/474750/

It is a dollar atm and good

that sure is an art style

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bought Project CARS...again. Steam sale was too good and my PS4 copy doesn't have the DLC.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Bought Project CARS...again. Steam sale was too good and my PS4 copy doesn't have the DLC.

use these settings

deadzone 2
steering sensitivity 35
throttle & brake deadzone/sensitivity 0/65
speed sensitivity 75
controller filtering 50

controller input method 3
advanced OFF (this is super important)

Now the cars are all tuned OK from the get go but there is one vital setting you need to pay attention to or you'll completely wipe out on every initial turn in. Under the Differential tab in tuning setup, be sure that Limited Slip Preload is somewhere between the 1/3 and middle portion of the bar. If this setting is 0 or at near 0, the cars are an unmitigated mess to handle. Trust me on this. Hell try a car at 0 then move the preload setting to the middle. You'll see a huge difference. If youre finding out a car to be not as nimble as you'd like, lower preload by a notch or two then try again.

for limited slip accel and decel lock, anywhere from 25-50% is good. I keep mine at the middle and adjust as needed per track.

bloops fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 2, 2017

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Yeah so I bought Rimworld and now it's five in the morning

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Yeah so I bought Rimworld and now it's five in the morning

Welcome to my hell friend, let's discuss our strategies for dealing with pestilence and psychotic breaks

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I like rimworld but I don't like the devs approach to some broken poo poo with saying "mods will take care of that."

Mods can't solve issues, look at SA.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mods will take care of it is the gamer version of ~the free market~

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The development team is basically one guy, with another guy just hired part time. Not that it fully excuses that line of thought, but some mods end up getting integrated into the base game as time goes on.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

use these settings

:rice:

Thanks Holly. Does this turn off tilt steering on the steam controller? It's driving me nuts having to keep the controller level all the time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Thanks Holly. Does this turn off tilt steering on the steam controller? It's driving me nuts having to keep the controller level all the time.

You'll have to disable that via the steam controller setup while youre in big picture mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Steam: Godholio
Origin: Godholio
PSN: Godholio
XBL: Godholio

There's a trend here.

Mostly I'm playing various Steam games...7 days to die, rocket league, AoE 2, trying to get into DCS. On PS4, Titanfall 2 owns; I've got that 2x Arkham port from the PS3 to PS4, but haven't played it yet. Planning to get PSVR in a few weeks.
I've still got a 360, but let my XBL gold lapse. I don't play the 360, and the Xbone at my mom's house was a gift to my son and I mostly watch him play.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 2, 2017