Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Oh sweet I was just gonna sell my copy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm currently out in the Xihe system myself

For all you E:D people, this is the place to go for Elite, check PGS thread for reasons. We can use all the bodies we can get.

Also, I just made 1,000,000 credits by hauling 8 tons of poo to a station.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The last time I played Elite I was on a commodore 64

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
Color me interested in E:D. I will check out the tutorial tomorrow.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There's a tutorial?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
And actual no poo poo training missions!

(I strongly suggest doing the basic combat ones until you feel comfortable.)

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Don't worry if you can't beat the advanced combat one, though, it's hard as poo poo.

I'm LostCosmonaut in game, hit me up.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LostCosmonaut posted:

Don't worry if you can't beat the advanced combat one, though, it's hard as poo poo.

I'm LostCosmonaut in game, hit me up.

Going to finish watching the new Grand Tour and then I'll be on

e: Pesticide23 because I'm terrible with names

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 13, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Blast McLargehuge

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Blast McLargehuge

Oh god, I need to go watch that episode again.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Nintendo Switch reveal is proof positive that the atomic bombs really did a number on Japan as a culture.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Elite dangerous on which platform? I bought it for steam but can't loving control anything

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

The Nintendo Switch reveal is proof positive that the atomic bombs really did a number on Japan as a culture.

they announced a new SF2 HDR game

so im ok with it i guess

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Soulex posted:

Elite dangerous on which platform? I bought it for steam but can't loving control anything

I've got it on steam. I'll probably have to search for a control profile before jumping in.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nintendo Switch

$300 lol

Only releases with Zelda really, not even Mario

All the good games are 3-6+ months after

Mario Kart port with some DLC, hey go ahead and spend that $60 again. Another ported Raymans game

Really expensive controllers

Get this:
The switch will have a paid for online service that gives you access to NES/SNES apparently. However, it's only for that month. You don't get to keep them. I love nostalgia as much as the next person but I really don't care to keep on playing NES/SNES games that are stupid hard anyways

lmao

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Wow. I was gonna get one but... now maybe not. I'm probably even gonna get rid of my WiiU because I never play that thing and the controller lights up randomly with noises and advertisements (I know I can disable that, but I'd have to turn on the console for that).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lol 300 bucks

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I just watched footage of that mario game and I'll buy a switch when that comes out. Game looks awesome and I love me some mario.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

I'm on PC and so are LostCosmonaut and N4I. A HOTAS controller really helps with the feeling of ~*~immersion~*~ but it isn't necessary, as the game is playable with a gamepad. Definitely be sure to do the tutorials and look through the controls because there's a bit of a learning curve.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

E:D actually plays amazingly well with a KB/mouse.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nintendo has a lot of balls asking money for their trash online services

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But it's not region locked, so you guys get to play all the japanese dating sims your heart desires

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A good thing about the switch is that its paternal control video is really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdWHOW9zqc
Also smartphone integrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

A good thing about the switch is that its paternal control video is really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdWHOW9zqc
Also smartphone integrations.

:kimchi:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

really well done and thought put tbh

the bowser video is fantastic

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I don't know how I missed it when it came out, but Far Cry Primal loving owns. So far it doesn't have the standard Far Cry story problem of "The bad guys are cool and I wanna join them instead of working for these idiots :(", you just gently caress off into the wilderness and kill other cave men and animals and get killed by animals. Throw meat to attract animals and use your BEAST MASTER powers to tame them. Now I have a sabertooth buddy.

I was thinking I'd miss my .700 Nitro double rifle from Far Cry 4 but lmao eat poo poo, rhino

What a good boy :3:

Buddy we hunted together I'm fine you don't need to bring me snacks

Also the old standby of throwing rocks is still there, but eventually you upgrade that poo poo to a sling that can loving kill people. Spin that rock super fast and bust someone square in the face with it, hell yeah.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

Slim Pickens posted:

But it's not region locked, so you guys get to play all the japanese dating sims your heart desires

For those of you who identify as attack helicopters.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838571324

From the same guys that made the tank dating simulator.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Anybody want to wing up in E:D and shoot mans?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Wow. I was gonna get one but... now maybe not. I'm probably even gonna get rid of my WiiU because I never play that thing and the controller lights up randomly with noises and advertisements (I know I can disable that, but I'd have to turn on the console for that).

Wiius are getting harder and harder to find it seems so you might be able to get decent cash for it

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Pesticide20 posted:

Anybody want to wing up in E:D and shoot mans?

I'm game and getting increasingly drunk.

edit: of course right after I type this I get a wing invite. Best bet (if you're in df) is to get in the discord and ask for wingmans.

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 14, 2017

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wiius are getting harder and harder to find it seems so you might be able to get decent cash for it

Wow did not know that. Was just gonna give it to a buddy. Now I'll make that fool pay.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Speaking of Elite, what's the grind like with Engineers nowadays? I wanna hot rod my Federal Assault Ship but when it came out all the requirements to just unlock the new merchants seemed ridiculous.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of Elite, what's the grind like with Engineers nowadays? I wanna hot rod my Federal Assault Ship but when it came out all the requirements to just unlock the new merchants seemed ridiculous.

Depending on the last time you played, they've made every material drop triple -- so if you scoop up one widget you get 3 (sadly, doesn't apply to mission rewards) and eliminated commodity requirements so you don't have to fly 100Ly out of your way to get a box of screws or whatever.

The actual unlocks can take time, but if you're deliberate about how you do things they're not too painful.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Is the overall grind easier now?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm not sure how to answer that. I've been a space Romney so long...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Depending on the last time you played, they've made every material drop triple -- so if you scoop up one widget you get 3 (sadly, doesn't apply to mission rewards) and eliminated commodity requirements so you don't have to fly 100Ly out of your way to get a box of screws or whatever.

The actual unlocks can take time, but if you're deliberate about how you do things they're not too painful.

I stopped just about the time Engineers dropped. That's nice they tripled the materials though :)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Is the overall grind easier now?

Yes. I stopped playing pre-Engineers and picked it back up and it is markedly improved now. It's even better if you play with the goon group from PGS

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Engineers introduced planet surfaces, right? I think I jumped in for about five minutes just to check that out, haven't checked out the other changes yet, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Engineers introduced planet surfaces, right? I think I jumped in for about five minutes just to check that out, haven't checked out the other changes yet, I guess.

Engineers introduced literal engineers that will modify parts of your ship if you complete really grindy quests for them.