Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Oh hey, the Patriots are in the Super Bowl again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Lol, gently caress the Pa...

*The ruling on the field has been reversed*

Lol, gently caress the Steelers

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Josh McDaniels thought to himself at the last second "Nah, gently caress the Colts, I'm staying in New England." Looks like he got promised the job when BB retires.

Also, Boston sports radio is all up in arms over the fact that Brady's instagram account liked Malcolm Butler's farewell-to-NE post. According to them, that must mean that Brady hates Belichick, and he's siding with his teammates over his coach. I'm a Boston-born Pats fan, but gently caress we are obnoxious at times.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Everyone seems to forget that Tebow was a Patriot for a week or so in the pre-season, but was gone in no time. The Pats will always do their due diligence. Nothing will come of this.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Rumors are flying that Gronk might not be on the Pats by the end of the day...

:ohdear:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Disregard, the Gronk rumors were started by a random redditor who accurately guessed the Edelman PED news. Apparently he floated the Gronk rumor just to prove how lovely sports journalism is in 2018.

So don’t worry, it’ll still be Brady to Gronk all season

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
lol browns taking the steelers to OT

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Gordon to the Patriots for a 5th

Lol

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Naked Bear posted:

Pats are getting wrecked by the Lions.

Lions got destroyed by the Jets.

Jets lost to the loving Browns.

Ergo, the Browns are better than the Pats.

Honestly, as a Patriots fan, I’m not too confident the Pats could beat the Browns straight up right now. Luckily they don’t play this year, so we won’t have to find out.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
So apparently the Patriots have a defense this year??

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Handsome Ralph posted:

Don't speak so soon.

Sorry, that should've read "This half"

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Yessssssssssss

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Handsome Ralph posted:

EDIT: Saints got loving robbed though.

Yup. I would’ve loved a Brees/Brady super bowl. But a Pats/Rams SB to bookend Brady’s career? I’ll take it.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Because everyone here loves the Patriots:

https://deadspin.com/patriots-owner-bob-kraft-charged-with-soliciting-prosti-1832807440

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

A Bad Poster posted:

Meanwhile, in a sport that matters, the Bruins are about to murder Columbus to go to the conference finals.

I hate Boston so much.

With the Celtics loss today, the chance of the Boston Championship Slam gets even smaller, but still greater than zero.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Anyone else watch the F1 grand prix today? I'm just getting into it this season, and it was a hell of a first race to start off with.

Pissed-off Vettel moving the 2 sign in front of Hamilton's car was incredible.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Someone recommended the Shift-F1 podcast, and it's been helpful. The first episode this season is a good primer to the season for beginners like me. Also, the series on Netflix "Drive to Survive" really kicked it off for me a couple weeks ago. I just sucks that so many races are at weird times for Americans.

Also: Go Bruins!

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Hahahahahahahaha
Yessssssssssssss

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
My prediction: Pats go onto win their 7th ring, Brady retires, and everyone* mourns the loss of a dynasty.

And then Belichick gets a call the next day...

“Hey coach, it’s Andrew Luck. I think I want to play again.”

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Well, that was fun while it lasted, AB...

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1175141065420083206?s=21

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Yup.

Ten years from now I'll be watching a game and randomly remember "Hey, AB played for the Pats for a game. I totally forgot about that."

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
My gf’s a Clemson grad/fan, and I’ve been having so much fun playing up the “you guys don’t play anyone good, of course you’re #5” this week.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Handsome Ralph posted:

Go Bills.

Sincerely,
:patssay:

Wait, are we really rooting for the Bills in this game?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the Buffalo Bills have made the playoffs for the 3rd time since 1999

also the first 10 win season since 1999

Normally these week 16/17 Pats v Bills games are a waste of time, but I’m more than a little concerned about the Pat’s chances next weekend. Y’all are good.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Despite being a big Patriots fan and Brady lover, I enjoyed watching Brady suck at golf yesterday and get thoroughly roasted by other celebs on twitter for the first half of the match yesterday.

He redeemed himself by holing an incredible approach shot right after Charles Barkley was talking poo poo to him, only to ruin it by doing this:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Hey, there are a couple of us in GiP

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Normally I’d say gently caress the Eagles, but they deserve some good karma for everything that happened in the last couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1348790788046680067?s=20

As a Patriots fan, thank god. I defend the organization on a lot of stuff (minus the sex trafficking handjob parlor), but this would’ve been too much.