Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

this is some Bizarro world level poo poo right here. that last one especially, what the fuckkk :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

All those promos felt way too rushed. Maybe I'm just used to the pauses for laugh track.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hope and vaseline posted:

Fixed it for ya

esperterra posted:

e:

friends actually rules tho

Phoebe found a child’s missing cat and tried to justify keeping it for herself by saying it was her dead mother. And the show tried to play her off as the sympathetic character.

gently caress Phoebe.

After that I became sad that a cop never knocked on Rachel’s door to tell her they found Phoebe’s bloody beaten body in a ditch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I too wish for television characters I find irritating to be raped

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lisa Kudrow is the best part of the whole show.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Okay maybe not raped, but I have a sore spot for pet stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Okay maybe not raped, but I have a sore spot for pet stuff.
You shouldn't rape pets.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's good advice for anyone

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

FactsAreUseless posted:

You shouldn't rape pets.

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's good advice for anyone

pro tip

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just saw Psych with the little prime logo on my Amazon watch next list.

Yessssssssss

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Zoo has stopped being enjoyably bad and is now just bad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Whenever I see someone talk about Zoo, I think they mean that beastiality movie from like '09 or w/e.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Snak posted:

That looks really bad.

I've been watching Roseanne the last few weeks, because I never watched it before... I like it a lot. It's really good. Those promos are bad...

I will make you feel more sane: Roseanne (the series) still holds up pretty well to this day. There is basically no way for the new episodes of it to be good because Roseanne (the person) has gone batshit loco in the intervening years and is still the person with final say on this revival.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i expect the Roseanne revival to have lots of "biting" "social" "commentary". it's gonna be like a bizarro married with children.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

🔥hot take:🔥
Seinfeld would be a 100% better show without Seinfeld in it

Davros1 posted:

The difference between Sunny and Friends, is while both group are awful people, is that Sunny doesn't want us to root for them, to see them succeed. The Friends group are awful people, but we're still supposed to admire and support them.

And then HIMYM takes this concept to a whole new loving level.

raditts fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 28, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

esperterra posted:

Whenever I see someone talk about Zoo, I think they mean that beastiality movie from like '09 or w/e.

:same:

Then I think of Zootopia.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Phoebe found a child’s missing cat and tried to justify keeping it for herself by saying it was her dead mother. And the show tried to play her off as the sympathetic character.

gently caress Phoebe.

After that I became sad that a cop never knocked on Rachel’s door to tell her they found Phoebe’s bloody beaten body in a ditch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Counterpoint to your weird rear end poo poo, Phoebe had sympathy for that smelly cat when nobody else did and knew that it wasn't the cats fault people were feeding it smelly stuff.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Rhyno posted:

Yep. It's a shame because it's largely tongue in cheek for most of its run, but the last season is just dire. Jackson becomes literally the dumbest person on earth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrVenkman posted:

Yep. It's a shame because it's largely tongue in cheek for most of its run, but the last season is just dire. Jackson becomes literally the dumbest person on earth.

Ending on a cliffhanger annoyed the poo poo out of me since I can find nothing concrete on a 4th season happening. The actress playing his sister is also somehow setting the bar even lower than normal for this show. Hell she probably needs a backhoe to get the bar as low as her skills rate.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

raditts posted:

🔥hot take:🔥
Seinfeld would be a 100% better show without Seinfeld in it

I find this about a lot of show. Roseanne, for one. Anything with Kevin James. Everyone Loves Raymond would have been great if it was just Peter Boyle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I loved Roseanne but there's nothing about the final season and everything that's happened around Roseanne in the years since that makes me want to watch a revival of the show. At most I'm mildly curious about what role Chalke has and how they explain the husbands' absences but that's all something I can probably find in a few minutes online once the first episode airs.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Rhyno posted:

Ending on a cliffhanger annoyed the poo poo out of me since I can find nothing concrete on a 4th season happening. The actress playing his sister is also somehow setting the bar even lower than normal for this show. Hell she probably needs a backhoe to get the bar as low as her skills rate.

She's a terrorist, killed tons of people, and Jackson treats it like if someone just gave her a good talking to then it would be alright.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrVenkman posted:

She's a terrorist, killed tons of people, and Jackson treats it like if someone just gave her a good talking to then it would be alright.

Oh Jackson is terrible but I meant her skills as an actress. Or her total lack of I guess because she's bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zoo was cancelled in October.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never saw the last season. Did the animals ever develop the ability to speak, because that was totally what I was watching for. Although spontaneously growing wings or armor or stuff like that was fun too.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So, The Ranch
Who thinks this is funny, who is this for, holy crap it is aggressively unfunny and the laugh track is cranked up all the way to 11

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calaveron posted:

So, The Ranch
Who thinks this is funny, who is this for, holy crap it is aggressively unfunny and the laugh track is cranked up all the way to 11

Shockingly enough, a decent number of people like Chuck Lorre-style comedies. My dad, who usually has very good taste (and doesn't even watch much TV) likes Big Bang Theory. No, I can't explain it.

Also, uh, now's maybe not the best time to start watching The Ranch. Have you tried Runaways? Or Happy? There's much better TV you could (should) be watching.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 28, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Shockingly enough, a decent number of people like Chuck Lorre-style comedies. My dad, who usually has very good taste (and doesn't even watch much TV) likes Big Bang Theory. No, I can't explain it.

Also, uh, now's maybe not the best time to start watching The Ranch. Have you tried Runaways? Or Happy? There's much better TV you could (should) be watching.

I'm at my parents' for the holidays and my mom's watching it because Netflix is a barren desert outside of the US
And man a lot of these actors are really struggling to keep up with a Texan accent
And man are the showrunners happy they can say gently caress and I'm sure they hopefully unsuccessfully fought to use the other f word

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Calaveron posted:

So, The Ranch

It's really weird it exists, but enough people watch laugh track shows on Netflix, so it tripped their RatingsBot algorithm, so one of their ProducerBots greenlit the series.

Hell I bet all those algorithm-created Elsa Spiderman Fights Infinity War Frozen on Youtube videos are just Netflix bots learning how to create their own content from thin air without crapping up their own network. It'll eventually learn to homogenize a hundred sitcom scripts into one scientifically funny 22 minute block of television and only at that point will a human have a hand in the content creation process when they stare dead eyed into a lens to read the lines.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Just like any other network, I’m fine with Netflix churning some lowest-denominator schlock if it keeps producing many truly unique shows. Netflix didn’t even make its own shows five years ago and you’re acting like they’re CBS 2.0 over here

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Like yeah, I’m sure CBS is just kicking themselves about passing on pitches for shows about a women’s prison or the life of a bipolar woman comedian. Les Moonves just flipping tables in his office because he didn’t get the rights for the queer psychics show

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Zoo was cancelled in October.

GOD drat IT NO CLOSURE.

For real though, the first few episodes were fun but what a cesspool of a show this was.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I watched some Zoo on Netflix, but it stopped being about funny animal attacks and became a boring monster show at some point.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Isn’t that the Mr Hands documentary?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

You must be watching it backwards.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I know the show was co-created by a woman but Friends comes from an almost purely masculine angle. I’m only on season 2 but the women have been completely inane and one-dimensional. They openly mock feminism. They read like men talking through female characters.

I don’t know if Seinfeld had female writers (probably not) but Elaine is a more complex, fascinating, believable and funny character than any of the Friends women.

They were lovely people OP

quote:

Lyle's claim of harassment is this: she was subjected to a constant barrage of sexual talk, jokes, drawings, and gestures that demeaned and degraded women by the show's writers during their "creative" meetings. Some of her allegations?even paraphrased, as many of them are here?are quite striking.

The alleged comments Lyle lists in her complaint revolve around certain themes. One theme is banter about the actresses on "Friends": discussion of which ones the writers would like to have sex with and, if they did, different sexual acts the writers would like to try; speculation about with which "Friends" actresses the writers had missed opportunities to have sex; speculation about the supposed infertility of one of the "Friends" actresses; its supposed cause (her "dried up pussy"); and speculation about the sexual activities of the "Friends" actresses with their partners. She also complains of derogatory words used to describe women.

Another theme of the alleged comments was the personal sexual preferences and experiences of the writers, emphasizing anal sex, oral sex, big breasts, young girls and cheerleaders.

Then there were the drawings: cheerleaders with exposed breasts and vaginas; "dirty" coloring books; and penned alterations to ordinary words on the script to make "happiness" say "penis" or to make "persistence" say "pert tits".

Finally, the sexual gestures cited in Lyle's complaint include: pantomiming male masturbation and banging under the desk to make it sound like someone masturbating.

Defendants: Justified by 'creative necessity'

The defendants admitted that many of Lyle's allegations were true. They testified in deposition that they did many of the things she complained of, but argued that the conduct was justified by "creative necessity."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/05/04/grossman.friends/index.html

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Zoo, like Under the Dome, just kept getting better the worse it got until the end imo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That last line.
"Look, I just can't write a good script without fantasizing about loving my coworkers. I don't like it any more than you do, but it's part of the process."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless we discuss which Friends actress we'd like to have sex with and how, we can't properly get into the mind of Joey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I’m still fuming over the single episode of the ranch I watched. I mean there’s a scene where Sam Elliot and a lady were having HEE-larious dialogue while Danny Masterson and Ashton Kutcher are just frittering away on their cellphones to the side and all I’m thinking is I am 100% sure they’re for real looking stuff up on their phones because what self respecting actor can possibly expend any effort on this garbage

• Locked thread