Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Richard “Mack” Machowicz who hosted "Future Weapons" on Discovery just died from brain cancer. Aside from hosting the show he was a Navy SEAL. He was only 51.

Show was pretty awesome showing new weapons being developed. And he seemed like a pretty cool guy in the show as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Guy Mann posted:

Season 3 was poopy but I've liked season 4 so far. Especially since Toby Jones was in the second episode. :swoon:

That would be Elementary the US version. Sherlock is BBC with Benedict Cumberbatch.

Will agree Toby Jones was great in his role.

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought Sherlock straight up murdered someone and fled the country

They edited the footage of him doing so to make it look like a sniper took him out. It's all kept secret with like 4 people knowing the truth. They do it because they believe Moriarty is back and still alive.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 9, 2017

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

raditts posted:

I watched the last episode of season 4 tonight and all I have to say is that it gets worse.

Oh man it was terrible. I love anything Holmes but this was just bad.

Apparently Holmes has a sister. He does not remember her at all. Mycroft has her locked away in a secret island prison. No one is allowed to talk to her beside him because she can 'reprogram' anyone with one conversation. For some reason, that I forget, on Christmas as a present Mycroft brings in Moriarty to have a unsupervised talk with her. She has him make all these recordings for after he dies to bring him back. Skip to the ending it's revealed she killed Sherlock's best friend (His brother told him she only killed their dog) when they were like 10 . She did this because she didn't have best friend or was included in their pirate games they played.

In the novels Sherlock doesn't even have a sister. They just ruin good things.

Spoiler just in case anyone intends to watch it.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 16, 2017

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shageletic posted:

lol, why is the pirate game the thing that looks the worst.

When they were kids Sherlock and his best friend would dress up as pirates and play pretend. I forget what Sherlock went by but his friend was Redbeard when they played. Eurus killed him. In the flashbacks she is watching them play but not playing along. Which of course is a justified reason to murder another child. They were like 10 at the time and apparently no one gave a poo poo that a kid died.

Mind you the whole episode they said Redbeard was a dog. Such a great twist at the end "Oh yea wasn't a dog. Was your childhood best friend I killed".

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

I think the first was in the Nevada desert and the second in LA.

The first (Season 2) was George Mason taking over the plane from Jack to fly it straight into the ground in the desert.

The second (Season 6) was set off by a terrorist cell when CTU approached the warehouse.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone posted a tweet few pages ago from X-Files. Having never watched the show decided to start it. On episode 5 and show is pretty cool. Enjoying Mulder's character a bit.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Man, X-files, someone who can switch sexes at will is not exactly a spooky or mind-blowing concept.

Maybe I don't remember the early 90s mindset well enough.

Just finished that episode. Don't forget they basically teleported out of that alley.

Timby posted:

Tap out the moment people start babbling about super soldiers (season ... 7, I think, or maybe 6).

Be a while till I get there but I'm sadistic so I'll keep watching.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Party Plane Jones posted:

Speaking of X-Files:

Netflix is really not wanting to put the cash up in keeping content they haven't produced around.

I'm trying to finish up season 3 before it's removed. Really blows :(

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

You'd think even X-Files would realize actually showing the JFK assassination as conspiracy comes across as tacky.

Just finished that episode with The Cigarette Man.
He killed JFK? Of course
MLK? Of course
Aliens? Of course(or flip a coin at least)

It just fits the character so perfect.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Finally joining up and watching Patriot this weekend.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I finished Patriot last night. Think it was good but nothing amazing.

Edit: shouldn't of said The Patriot

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 4, 2017

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Never watched Dr. Who but Jodi Whittaker was great in the miniseries The Assets.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Pretty excited for this. Loved Psych and still quote from it often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhw3yBdnsUA

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

Another late-2000s show I liked a lot while it was on was Shark, which starred James Woods as a defence attorney who becomes disillusioned with his practice after one of his clients murders their wife on the same day he got him off for domestic abuse so he changes sides and goes into public prosecution.

More of a post-House show than a post-Lost show, though. It's in that "brilliant professional but a right prat" tradition.

Shark was great. While it only being a tv show I think they did show just how much having a top paid lawyer matters and what they will do to win a case.

Billy Campbell's Wayne Callison was great. Also great to see Danielle Panabaker now be on The Flash. And Jeri Ryan :allears:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

Hahaha, so it was. I'm as surprised as I was when I recently realised that Billy Campbell also played Okona in that TNG episode where Joe Piscopo teaches Data the meaning of humour.

(I was also surprised when I realised that Billy Campbell was the bad guy in The 4400 because I was a big fan of The Rocketeer, but not as much as I was when I realised Richard Tyler was played by Mahershala Ali - granted, I think he was still credited as Eric Gilmore at that time.)

The 4400 is still one of the shows that ended with cliffhanger that I wish it got resolved. That show was really good. Campbell really pulled off the bad guy Jesus look so well. And Ali was fantastic in it as well.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Iron Crowned posted:

The Pretender was good, I remember after it was cancelled TNT was supposed to make like 3 movies to tie up the ends, and only made one.

I also had a crush on Mrs. Parker :3:

Well they sort of made 2 movies. Pretender 2001 and the haunted isle one.

I still rewatching the show once a year and love it. It's probably my one show to pick for it to come back and actually have a proper ending. And with the way Haunted Isle ended all the actors and actresses ar still alive expect Mr. Parker (with him jumping out of the plane easy to kill him off) they could still bring it back!

Ms. Parker and leather :swoon:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

:woop: :woop:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

Also, head's up, Psych the Movie is on tomorrow night. The premise apparently is Shawn and Gus trying to start up a new Psych in San Francisco, which they moved to after the end of the series.

Oh thanks for the reminder!!

One of the best USA shows. Just sad that Omundson won't be that big in it due to his health issues.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

So, Psych: The Movie was fun. Woody showing up seemed a little contrived but other than that the cameos worked. The Lassie one was kind of a downer though as it was super obvious that he is still recovering from his stroke as one side of his face didn't move when he was talking. They tried to cover for it but it was still pretty obvious. On a brighter note the Buzz cameo was a blast and made me laugh really hard.

In a pre-air interview Roday mentioned that this is definitely not leading toward a full on revival but USA is thinking of bringing them back for a semi-annual movie thing.

Psych Movie was absolute amazing and hilarious! Ending was just perfect.

Buzz cameo loved it.
John Cena at the end was great! Love that Flair did her signature wrestling submission on Henry.

I would totally be in if they did a yearly movie. Especially if Lassie can be healthy for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

Seinfeld is the best sitcom in history right behind Newsradio.

:agreed:
:rip: Phil

• Locked thread