Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Speaking of Stephen King adaptations, the first episode of Mr Mercedes was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Just finished watching the last episode of Orphan Black.

Boy howdy did that show go to poo poo. This last season should not have happened, it was a loving mess.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Aug 13, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dunno if anybody is watching The Mist but i've sort of changed my initial low opinion of it because it actually got pretty interesting in the last 3 episodes or so.

Still not a patch on the movie but i'll give it props for doing its own thing.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

On-screen cum is the new peak TV trend.

All the new seasons of all the big shows will be absolutely glazed in cum.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

After Hulu cleaning up at the Emmys the way it did last night, I imagine there were some chairs being thrown at Netflix's offices this morning.

Netflix needs more stuff with minorities and women. That'll bring in the Emmys for the next 4 years ar least.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Also, hire an architect then disagree with pretty much everything he says and do things so differently that the build takes an extra couple of years and an extra 50k at least to finish.

And it still won't be finished anyway when the crew from the show come to visit you to see the end product.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Mercedes is finished and i'm sad about it because it was a really good adaptation of the book :(

E: Apparently it got renewed for a second season a couple of days ago \o/ Wonder if they'll change the name.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 12, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I know nothing about Rick and Morty but this entire think with the fast food restaurant sauce causing autistic meltdowns has ensured i'll never watch the show.

This is brony level poo poo.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is there anywhere you can watch it without having satellite TV or AT&T?

Dunno, i downloaded it because the channel showing it over here in Ireland censored bits in a couple of the episodes.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Speaking of "sick"

She's thirteen you weridos

Yeah, i feel really bad for her because she just seems like a kid having fun with being famous but she is hitting an age where a bizarre amount people feel ok with making creepy as gently caress comments about how good looking she is/is becoming.

This is the sort of thing that turns young actresses lives into utter car crashes.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Somehow The Good Doctor, the show about an autistic doctor based on a Korean drama, is now the highest rated network drama. More than NCIS. It's also a garbage show so no surprise there.

Isn't it just House again?

House was popular as gently caress.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bear in mind that SNL had someone unironically sing "To Sir With Love" in tribute to Obama after his term in office.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

20 minutes into the first episode of Mindhunter and i didn't realise that the main character is supposed to be an alien who is imitating human speech patterns based on his study of old-timey radio plays.

Seriously, the motherfucker may as well have his script in his hand reading off his lines in every scene.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Looten Plunder posted:

That's his character. He's a straight up sociopath. With that said, the script in episode one is pretty week. The show definitely finds it's groove as it progresses.

I get that but it mostly just comes off as really bad acting.

I've just finished up episode 3 and the show does get a bit better but it still feels a bit "off" for some reason. The girlfriend character is utterly pointless because she just shows up for maybe 5 minutes an episode to show her tits and blow the main guys mind by telling him to use psychology. She is literally just there because every show has to have a love interest for the main guy.

She's the first female we see him speak to and they are like chalk and cheese so of course they are going to be a couple. Hackneyed poo poo.

Partner guy is like every cop buddy ever. "Goddammit, i don't agree with your methods but they get results so i'm gonna go to bat for you!".

The best actor is the guy who plays Ed Kemper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I thought the new series of Black Mirror was not very good at all.

The best episode is the first one and that's because of the caliber of actors in it. The subject matter has pretty much already been covered by the show before.

• Locked thread