Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

Not challenging it but when did Star Trek become one of the Forbidden?

Since there's a thread for it and goons can't stop pointing out that pedos loving love Star Trek, would be my guess. It just leads to a dumb as gently caress derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

What is The Magicians about?

Basically, a grown-up Harry Potter story. All of the magical stories involving Earth are real, and the story's other places are alternate planes/universes. The big bad for the first season is on a Lion, The Witch, And the Wardrobe analogue, so we see a bit of at least 2 other planes (a hub world is the other).

Not sure how faithful it is to the books though, and someone who has read them can no doubt better explain it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

GreenNight posted:

This show is cheesy as gently caress, but I enjoy it so I'm glad about this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/librarians-renewed-season-4-968049

I'm pretty glad about this also, the latest season really felt like a final season.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, that really solidified the "this is the last season... and we're renewed!" feel of the season. They were fore-shadowing Noah Wyle's character dying for most of the season, anyway.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Kloaked00 posted:

I need help figuring out what show I'm thinking of. Within the last year, a major plot point was that the sitting president lost the primary to his challenger, but then after talking with his chief of staff they decide to run as an independent instead since he has such broad appeal. I can't for the life of me, think what show that's from. Any ideas?

Madam Secretary

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Nicolas Winding Refn and Ed Brubaker are working together on a crime series for Amazon. Its going to be called Too Old to Die and will be about gangsters in LA. No word yet on the time period of the setting although Bru has shown particular fondness for period pieces.

Brubaker loves him some noir crime stories, so this should be really good... in like 3 years because its Amazon and they take forever.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Snak posted:

What's legion on? I should probably check it out. What streaming service can I watch it on?

I believe its on Hulu, but I'm not sure. Network-wise, its FX or FXX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Arist posted:

Luke Cage, much like Iron Fist, is fine. Honestly parts of it are more aggressively bad than IF and I still came out of that show positive.

Also I feel like just about everything I like about IF can be tied back to Colleen Wing.

I'm about half way through Ferrous Clenched Hand and I'm honestly not seeing where its bad. It suffers the same problem as the rest of the non-movie Marvel properties: Its not a big budget Marvel movie, and that's it. Cage was a modern blaxploitation story that, honestly, went on a bit too long but it was like 2 comic arcs intermixed. IF probably suffers the same problem (who cares about this dumb as poo poo industrial chemical scandal subplot), but its essentially a modern take on a Shaw Bros movie, with all of the baggage that entails (being a remake/reboot of that genre).

All that said, Colleen Wing is adorable and really, really good.

• Locked thread