Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Rock was on Graham Norton and his character in Jumanji has a smolder superpower which he demonstrated for the audience, except it's literally just him doing the People's Eyebrow and jesus gently caress he's a terrible actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vanderdeath posted:

Like, I don't know if this is a gimmick post or whatever but that was the joke. That was literally the joke. You got mad at the fact that a dude known for doing one of his signature things did his signature thing as a meta joke. Come on, son.
Based on the interview, The Rock, as a producer on the movie, decided to give his character a smolder. If it's ineffective in the movie, then okay, the joke works. But in the interview, it was brought up as something actually sexy and that's all we have to go on.

He also had trouble taking a lot of Kevin Hart's jokes. I wonder if the atrocious performance of Baywatch had made him defensive.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

raditts posted:

this is some weird hate boner you've got going on for The "Dwayne Johnson" Rock, but this is neither his first movie with Kevin Hart nor is Baywatch the first bomb he's been in by far so... probably not?
I like The Rock in the Fast and Furious movies (even though nobody told him that "calvary" is actually a different word than cavalry), but he has a pretty limited range and calling him the biggest movie star in the world really infuriates me.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 20, 2017

• Locked thread