Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Patriot is utterly bizarre. I love it. I'm real glad people kept bringing it up here or I never would have heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
If you liked Patriot you should check out A Very Secret Service on Netflix. It's the same sort of absurdist spy story, but a bit goofier and set in 60s Paris.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Dexter was hilarious garbage well before the finale​ though. Lumberdex was just more of the same.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

A Very Secret Service is my favourite from that list, similar theme to Patriot, a little drier maybe but still very funny. Travelers is pretty cool sci fi with an interesting premise. The Crown is good and worth watching if you're at all into historical dramas.

iBoy was fine but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're out of other stuff to watch.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I liked oh hello but the only part I thought was fantastic was the bit with Steve Martin. The rest was okay.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Like the scene where Joey tells Rachel he's in love with her is probably among the best in this bad series and I wonder why Matt Le Blanc didn't get more jobs
Watch Episodes if you haven't already.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Snak posted:

Just the fact that people took "[the Cylons] have a plan" to mean that the writers have some secret master plan is baffling to me.

But I also liked the show all the way to the end and liked the ending, so what the hell do I know.
The cylons didn't have a plan either though

Calaveron posted:

Wasn't the plan for a long time to make the baker lady be the mother?
I think that was what they were gonna go with if they didn't get a second season.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

HIMYM is only worth watching if you sub in the edited ending that cuts away after they meet for the first time. That one is pretty much perfect and I will never understand why they went with the horrible series-ruining version instead.

I loved Scrubs when I watched it originally and it has some very powerful moments, but I went back to rewatch it recently and man oh man does it ever feel dated. I watched Friends through at about the same time and I didn't find it to have the same problem.

misguided rage fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 27, 2017

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I was gonna say something like that too, I feel like I saw way more promotion from Netflix for iron fist than any of the others. Heck I don't think they even let me know Luke cage was coming out until it showed up as watchable

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, Into the Badlands is awful, much worse than Daredevil. I'd be totally open to any Asian shows as well if those are known around these parts, that's a huge blindspot in my knowledge.
It's a super dumb show but the fight choreography is real good. I just put it on in the background and payed attention when they started hitting each other.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Cael posted:

How many episodes of Expanse would people recommend trying before throwing in the towel? I think I've tried to watch the premiere twice and just given up halfway through. To me it almost felt like starting BSG (which I loved) without having watch the miniseries as a primer to understand things. I know it's not going to hold my hand and I'm willing to try again just because of how much everyone likes it, but just curious how many episodes I should go in order to give it a serious try.
I had the same problem. I ended up just skipping the first episode, not sure why I couldn't get into it but I liked the rest of the series.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

It might be Awake. Jason Isaacs. It has the car crash, death, and two perspectives with the dream (or not dream) sequences being a different color theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNh0Z3t__2A
I really wanted to like that show but it turned me off hard when the conspiracy theory poo poo started up in the second(?) episode. Is it worth watching the rest? I was hoping it would just be a drama/mystery type of thing with an interesting framing device.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

I liked the first season but the second so far has been really boring in addition to ramping up the trashy soap opera so I'm probably gonna leave the rest until I have literally nothing else to do with my time.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Snak posted:

There's no Longmire thread, right? S6e8: fuckin lol how did they hold off introducing Richie until almost the end of the season?! Meg clearly has a type, and the scene of Ferg first meeting him is gold.

I swear to god if Nighthorse turns out to actually be a villain, I will disown the show.
This season took everything I didn't like about last one and dialed it up to 11. I do like that someone slapping a label with your name on it on some drugs is enough to get you charged in this universe. My favorite part was when Walt admitted to Ferg that he's a terrible detective/cop but then he just kept on doing what he was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I’m watching Vikings now and they insist on calling the coming of age ceremony as “the thing” that it’s comedic at this point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_(assembly)

• Locked thread