Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

so today i learned that Guiding Light has 18,000 episodes. Do you think there's anyone alive that has watched them all?

Does that include when it was a radio show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

John Wick 1 and 2 are among the best action movies of the 21st Century, alongside The Raid 1 and 2 and Mad Max: Fury Road. That's probably my top five. I can't think of anything else that even comes close to those, quality-wise.

There was a South Korean movie earlier this year called The Villainess (similar to Nikita with a plot that's a bit more complicated than it needs to be, but it has this really cool first-person action sequence at the start which I enjoyed a lot) which I thought was very good. Not as good as the Raid movies, though.

I actually think two of the best action movies of the 21st century are (and hear me out on this) the two direct-to-dvd Universal Soldier sequels that Jonathan Hyams directed (Regeneration, which is as close as we're probably ever going to get to a Time Crisis movie, and Day of Reckoning, in which Van Damme is Marlon Brando from Apocalypse Now leading a Universal Soldier cult).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nate fisher posted:

Just curious which one do you find a better 'gun play' move, John Wick or Equilibrium?

Shoot 'Em Up

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

GODDAMN IT TAYE DIGGS STOP SMILING

He stops smiling when Christian Bale chops his CGI face off with a sword.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No other movie has a bit where Clive Owen has a gun fight while he's having sex with Monica Belluci.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

During the later seasons each episode of Friends cost over $10 million each.

Sure, though the main cast were getting paid $1 million per episode by then, so that probably would have accounted for most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Friends when I was in school. I'd probably not like it if I tried going back to it.

• Locked thread