Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
At this point, the censorship tangents are getting to be a bit asinine. All the cable networks want to be HBO and I don't think anyone is concerned about the audience/advertisers of Mr. Robot ditching because of some bad words. It's like a room of five year olds tittering away because they heard the teacher say "crap."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Great, but why?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Dexo posted:

Wow. They completely rewrote their pitch for Powerless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnO2cvBbnA

Are there any good examples of this happening before? Where the concept is completely changed but the same cast is used.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

What's the general consensus on The Magicians? I caught an episode, and it seems like someone really wanted to make an 'edgy' Harry Potter where casting spells is basically over-dramatic gloving.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

4K would be better if you want a TV that'll last you another 20 years, but it definitely isn't necessary

If you're seriously recommending 4K for a 20 inch tv (hell, even a 40 inch tv), then you've bought into the hype.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Distance charts are bullshit and it doesn't work that way.

But they don't even make 4k below 40 inch anyway.

They do. They call them monitors, because even people selling these things are aware that you're not gonna see a difference at that size unless you're a foot away.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I'll never understand this forum's willingness to accept absurdity in the plots of some shows but not others.

Is Legends of Tomorrow good?

This Thread posted:

Obviously, because it leans into it.

Is Sherlock good?

This Thread posted:

Of course not, because it leans into it the wrong way.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Amazon Prime needs a category just for the Rifftrax they have available.

I would pay the price of Amazon Prime just to have a service that offered Rifftrax as a commentary track on most of the movies they have done.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Matt Lauer was really that important that he needed permanent safeguards for lockdown situations? He's not the President or anything

I think you're way overestimating the complexity of a system like this. I work with a number of elementary schools and a bunch of them have electromagnetic locks and door releases that can be operated remotely. It's a few pieces of equipment that wouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars per room, and they have a number of safety benefits beyond lockdown situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

This is just going to be a bad day, isn't it

Only if you take issue with consumers being alright with streamlining the oligopoly because now Deadpool can pee on Iron Man or whatever.

• Locked thread