Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is reaching its 100th episode next month... Pretty crazy to realize they're already that far in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's Amazon pilot season again!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JethroMcB posted:

But not because of the abuse stuff, it's because they just realized he hasn't delivered an episode in two and a half years.

He has two other shows on their network as well, Better Things and Baskets.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

muscles like this! posted:

On the opposite end I believe he doesn't do anything hands on for One Mississippi.

The antagonist based on him in season 2 is very hands on.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Guy Mann posted:

He pioneered selling content directly to consumers via the Internet (which made him a ton of money selling him and his friends' standup specials and then subsequently lost it all self-financing Horace and Pete and then releasing it zero fanfare or advertising)

Louis CK posted:

A lot of you might remember that about two years ago, I created a series called Horace and Pete (still available at louisck.net). I paid for that show myself. When I did it, I told myself that I was parting with the money forever. It wasn’t an investment. It was a 4.5 million dollar grant to the "Make whatever the gently caress I want" Foundation.

By that approach, I was able to make and roll out the show exactly the way I saw it, the way I wanted the audience (you) to see it, without any concern for commerce or profit.

In the end, the show made all the money back and more (with zero advertising) through website sales, and through licensing it to HULU, I was able to actually make a sizable profit for me and the actors and some of the crew, who own a piece of the show. That was a pretty good result.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

EL BROMANCE posted:

I saw on another forum (probably Blu-Ray.com, because of course) that some people were excited by the possibility of a Harry Potter TV show. Because 7 (8?) movies obviously weren’t enough.

13 when you count the 5 prequel movies

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Guy Mann posted:

That's one more reason why Punisher War Zone owns, a lefty French woman directing a movie

she's German

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Last week TV critics received screeners of the upcoming 6 new episodes, so they can't be too far off.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Someone make a thread for Runaways.

With the fall TV season coming up I've decided to do a little experiment. If a show does not have a thread the day of new episodes starting I will make it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GobiasIndustries posted:

What kinda show is Future Man similar to?

Sarah Connor Chronicles

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
New Black Mirror trailer just went up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yef_HfQoBd8

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
PK THUNDER

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Snak posted:

Future Man was not really about video games as much as pop culture in general.

Edit: that makes it sound worse.

Not to sound all :lost: here but really it was about the characters, and their development throughout the eason.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Don't bother trying to get someone into BCS if they don't like breaking bad, I don't really see the point and a lot of the nuance is lost

I'm not sure, I think BCS stands pretty well on its own and is so outstanding that it could be enjoyed even without having watched BB.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the best feature film adaptation of a tv series?

21 Jump Street

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
If I got a dime for every time Occ has typed the words literal and/or literally in his life I'd be a millionaire by now

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The important question for us is who is going to play Meghan Markle in season 6 of The Crown

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Fuller left STD as well and that didn’t suffer from it (it only improved as it went on, even), so the next season American Gods might turn out just fine as well.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

esperterra posted:

It's very good, but ymmv if you don't care much about Elizabeth II and the royal family. If you're the kind of person who loves watching shows for good acting I'd say it's worth it, also.

I love period dramas + the royals so it was 100% my jam, personally.

:same:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

STAC Goat posted:

And how in the world did the witch spinoff not get picked up by CW?

quote:

Netflix, the streaming platform gave producing studio Warner Bros. TV a two-season pickup offer it could not refuse. The CW — which also has another female witch drama in the works, a Charmed reboot with Jane the Virgin creator Jennie Snyder Urman — had committed only to development. Additionally, by going with Netflix, WBTV is retaining full ownership of the Sabrina series. (Riverdale is a co-production with CBS TV Studios per the CW business model, and so would’ve been The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina had it stayed at the broadcast network.)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

esperterra posted:

Something tells me there might not be enough people watching this year to warrant a thread, esp if it's been a month already without one.

Except there is a thread, and we have been posting in it all this time.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839646

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

esperterra posted:

It's snappy sitcom with a cast of four who have amazing chemistry as a whole. It's good. If it's not for you, that's fine, but that doesn't make it a trash show imo.

I just don't see anything wrong with Will & Grace coming back, being actually good (if dated, but let's face it people watching W&G want that 90s sitcom feel) instead of a trash heap, and getting recognition.

Also I'm very glad Debra Messing has returned to her true calling: physical comedy and pratfalls tbh she's great at 'em

Season 9 is amazing, it’s turned into the funniest comedy of the entire year tbh. The writers and four leads are such complete masters of their crafts.

It has also singlehandedly turned me around on the concept of revivals. I hope the revival of Roseanne is going to be just as good.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

esperterra posted:

Sean Hayes and Eric McCormick were the first gay dude kiss on network TV!

Yeah but that wasn't romantic, the real first one was Jack and Ethan on Dawson's Creek.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

IRQ posted:

I'm like 3 episodes behind but this season has sucked a big bag of dicks.

Yeah this current one is one of the all-time weakest seasons but the season earlier this year (with Officer Sarah winning) was one of the all-time greatest, so that makes up for it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Snak posted:

I've never seen it.

“I don’t even own a TV”

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

Wait, both Beckys?

yeah to make up for the zero Marks

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBhnkHF1zY

Everything about this show looks so good, I can't wait for it to release :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Merry Christmas TV/IV.

there’s no slash in the name

• Locked thread