Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

The Magicians is a lot loving darker than I imagined going in.

Works a hell of a lot better on a binge than it did week to week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
All of those things you mentioned and Cilla Black, are terrible in every way. Just terrible.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Based on your rec I'm watching the episode with the DJ and it's hilarious for so many reasons including only presenting white women to the black contestant.

ROFLMAO "There's all sorts of labia... I call it the cheeseburger. You know, when the cheese just comes out over the edge of the cheeseburger a little bit. So the bit of the corner, just sort of flips over the side of the bun, slightly." The hand motions make this epic.

3rd girl rejected, only shook hands with the DJ whereas the others hugged him. In the exit interview she says, "Also he wasn't my type" AKA BLACK

Let's just focus on his BIG BLACK COCK. "It's just staring at me in the face!" Host points and says "Take. A good. Look."

In the second segment with a female contestant, they seem to get on really well but 2 months later and they haven't gone on a second date because they live too far away. There's 14 million people in metro London wtf Channel 4, you're telling me you can't cast your stupid show from that population?

All in all, it's a fun novelty that I wouldn't watch more than a couple times. I didn't find it titillating, but maybe that's because I was regularly pausing to look stuff up.

At least it's better than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzG9BNHcDrE

They want nice girls not those east end, black country or scouse baby replicators. Was bossman from Berminhmm?

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 3, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep... Birmingham. :D

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

I take it that Magicians is: we want to do Hogwarts, but with sexy grad students instead of children.

Sort of, they don't spend a great deal of time actually in school doing school stuff.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hogwarts is as much a character as everyone else. This it's just a place where they learn magic.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK guys, the Librabarbarian has an opinion on a book :D

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

Holy loving poo poo, tonight's Sweet/Vicious.

The show just keeps getting better.

It literally has the lowest rating on Kodi.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Batman brutally assaults everyone.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes, it's not bad. Ryan Phillippe is killing it as the main guy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

That's interesting. The first time I ever liked him was on the first season of Secrets and Lies. I was thinking maybe his performance in that was an anomaly since I'd never liked him in anything else.

Dunno man. I've really paid attention to him much in anything. Put it this way, I thought I would hate it and I don't.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Tick was pretty good. I laughed my arse off.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spergatory posted:

The first season of PoI is a bit too focused on Reese and Finch, to it's detriment. Jim Caveziel, bless his ridiculously tall heart, is not the best actor or the most charismatic screen presence. Season 2 has more of a team dynamic, opening up the Reese and Finch show to other players and allowing them more people to bounce off of, and it does wonders for their likability.

I skipped almost the entire first season. Just watched the first couple and the last 4 episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not a fan of being treated like an idiot. Being walked through a story like a child doesn't work for me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Opinions are like cocks. Everyone wants to jam it down your throat..

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watched the first episode of MacGuyver for research purposes. It's alright. But Tristan may is the sexiest woman on TV... always sweaty and that drat hair!

Gonna have to deepen the research.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Baz Luhrmann turns 1970's Spanish Harlem into a musical wonderland.

Grandmaster Flash is Yoda.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I won't watch anything with a laugh track/studio audience these days, I don't give a gently caress how funny it is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snak posted:

That specific thing is actually explained.

In general, they basically googled people who lived a hundreds of years ago.

What I don't understand is why they give so little of a poo poo about maintaining cover. There are a lot of things that just plain don't make any sense at all and feel like they were written because someone thought a specific scene was cool and wanted to set it up.

One thing they never address is how it would be possible to fake being an FBI agent for even a few days with no knowledge whatsoever about it. He'd get flagged almost immediately as acting suspicious. Missing meetings, no loving clue what cases he was working on, not filling out paperwork correctly. Right away they would think he was compromised.

The writers never address this. They never show him figuring out how fake it or learning how to be an agent. They show him loving up a bunch, like not knowing how to log in to his computer, but they never do an episode about it or anything. It's just kind of "he's the FBI guy" with no explanation of how he's pulling it off. There's literally more drama about the brain damaged woman maintaining her cover than how difficult it would be for the FBI guy. The season ends strong, but there are just so many missed opportunities in the first half.

I never thought I would complain that a show didn't have enough relationship drama. Most shows shoehorn relationship drama into a premise that doesn't need it. This is a show where people in relationships die and are replaced by dopplegangers, and the conflict that this creates makes up almost 1.5 episodes out of the entire season. It should be central platform for the writers to show us what the characters are like.

It was hard to follow in the first 4 episodes. Didn't make any sense. But the kitchen sink cast pulled it through.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You obviously know nothing about vaping there...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snak posted:

Just started S2 of Person of Interest. It's officially good now.
Amy Acker eases the pain. Sarah Shahi completes the circle

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

You'll be the first to have Fedora 2.0

Second, no prizes for second.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dead Snoopy posted:

Also, I should feel shame because it comes from the MTV assembly line but Sweet Viscous has completely come out of left field to win me over. Love the casting, love tthat they've managed to stretch the premise further than it deserves to be and it still works, love the characterization and even love the music selection - especially this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twpQTna_9w

I watched it all in one day, it's a good show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It not even overly melodramatic, it's just the subject matter really, everyone else is just being your average run of the mill tv college student

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tahmoh Penikett just added to the all-star Incorporated cast.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unfortunate Events is boss. Watch it. NPH chews scenery like a beaver.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

whowhatwhere posted:

It's the dumbest possible show in the best way.

Subtitled babies are always a winner.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

End of episode 1 is 5 stars
loving hell, 3 & 4. Deserve every award NPH.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool your jets, hot shot. Did someone put the Batman comics in the Man-Bat box again?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Coronation Street

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Sneaky Pete is fantastic

I like it too, just watching the 3rd episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't even notice it was a cgi baby.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's on FX in the states? i figured it'd be a bbc america thing/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Mick is great.

I still can't get over the teenage girl is 25.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bryan Cranston... playing a stone badass. Don't forget that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looten Plunder posted:

I've only seen the first 1.5 episodes but Detective Tim is another Justified Alumn.

It's also a bit of a "The Wire" love fest as well with plenty of familiar faces appearing in this as well.

It was also awesome to see Martha again.

Wasn't aware Cranston was in Justified

Thanks Captain Literal. I'd moved on from that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get that #agentorange thing happening man. I believe in you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

They are in the Bad Place.

Put some effort into that spoiler you gently caress.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 21, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
4/7

Career PB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

I saw a ton of commercials for it during Incorporated. It looked cheap, but I haven't watched it.

One thing i can say about it is, it's got a style about it. It's not a cheap looking production.

• Locked thread