Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Davros1 posted:

The difference between Sunny and Friends, is while both group are awful people, is that Sunny doesn't want us to root for them, to see them succeed. The Friends group are awful people, but we're still supposed to admire and support them.

And people by and large did. Despite Ross being a turbo-creep stalker weirdo just tons of people were obsessed with that will they-won't they poo poo with him and Rachel.

I thought this was the general consensus? Seinfeld is kind of painful to watch now, everything about it feels so dated and stale. I'm not saying Friends was a better show, just that it remains the same trashy popcorn it always was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

What the gently caress

I honestly thought everyone agreed on this one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

When was the last time you guys actually tried to watch Seinfeld?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yesterday. I think the real question is when was the last time you tried to watch it.

About a year ago. I'm genuinely very surprised by all this.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You honestly thought Friends was better revered in the cultural zeitgeist than Seinfeld? lol

No that isn't what I said; I said it doesn't hold up as well in 2017.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm not an unreasonable internet idiot. I will give Seinfeld another chance to hold up in 2017.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

And I guess if you're used to Always Sunny's brand of "Seinfeld but drunk and/or high on cocaine", then yeah, it's gonna seem a little tame in comparison.

I want to say this might be part of why I didn't think it held up. Seinfeld is perhaps a victim of its own success in that way.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They're all on Hulu. Well, Seinfeld, 30 Rock and Futurama at least, I dunno about scrubs. But yeah, shuffling them all would be loving fantastic for those nights I can't sleep (literally every night)

For awhile there there were youtube channels that basically did this with various shows, I don't know if those went away or I just haven't seen them in awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Phoebe found a child’s missing cat and tried to justify keeping it for herself by saying it was her dead mother. And the show tried to play her off as the sympathetic character.

gently caress Phoebe.

After that I became sad that a cop never knocked on Rachel’s door to tell her they found Phoebe’s bloody beaten body in a ditch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Counterpoint to your weird rear end poo poo, Phoebe had sympathy for that smelly cat when nobody else did and knew that it wasn't the cats fault people were feeding it smelly stuff.

• Locked thread