Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I never had a huge attachment to the movies but I liked them pretty well, and yeah I also prefer Wayans and Crawford in the roles. They are great together and the show is just really well done. Crawford especially is really putting in a good comedic and dramatic performance and I love seeing him get a bigger stage to shine on after really impressing on Rectify. His hair on the show is a character of its own at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

suddenlyissoon posted:

JK Simmons monologue in the 2nd episode of "No Activity"...oh my god.

Until that moment I was convinced that Amy Sedaris was going to steal every episode because everything about her character is amazing. But then he says that. And then episode three happens and... welp.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I now feel like I need to watch the first episode of both versions. I usually find I prefer the remakes of Ozzie stuff, as they’re usually not as good as their potential when they’re not just thieving British shows. Unless The Chaser is involved, of course.

I watched the first episode of the original and while it has a lot of the same beats, the lead actor stars in both versions and wrote the remake, there are enough differences with the jokes that it was an enjoyable watch. I still think I'd rather finish out the remake first before watching anymore of the original since I'm farther into it and like the cast much better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MiddleOne posted:

I watched Detention on this threads weird mentionings of it earlier this week and I think it might be my favorite movie ever.

This is the right takeaway.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Anyone else watching No Activity? I just watched the first ep and it's extremely my poo poo.

Yeah, it's great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wings is still in heavy rerun rotation around the country. So it definitely lives on.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Murphy Brown had a feud with the Vice-President of the United States once and who remembers anything about Murphy Brown now other than how it had a feud with the Vice-President of the United States once?

I wonder what big shows on right now will leave a memorable legacy once they're gone and which ones will be forgotten? Which ones will be like LOST where they're fairly well-remembered but only as a relic of their time which had a bad impact on other shows?

Murphy Brown on the other hand is probably one of the more high profile comedies of its era and it seems to have completely disappeared into thin air.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GobiasIndustries posted:

So I watched the first ep of Black Sails and man even if I didn't enjoy the show I could watch that title sequence every day for the rest of my life.

I think it has the legit best intro for a TV show in probably a decade or two. I never once skipped it. Bear McCreary has an amazing amount of talent.

That hurdy-gurdy is just fuckin' cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXQ0z9NCl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm 10 minutes in the sneak preview episode of Counterpart and it's weird and awesome and has a really cool vibe to it. I have no clue what the hell is going on but I think that's the point.

• Locked thread