Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That Lost ending though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Comicbook heroes dying doesn't count.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I am the original angel

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just spoil it I'm not reading it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That sounds good. I thought the whole thing would be about how South Africa sucks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Boardwalk Empire suffers from always having at least one super annoying character. First with Jimmy and then Gyp Rosetti.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

whowhatwhere posted:

I didn't find either of them that annoying, but even granting that there are still two more seasons.

I don't remember why I hated Jimmy but Gyp Rosetti was a cartoon character.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Megyn Kelly is joining NBC News. This is so weird.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I watched her because I hated almost everything she said but not to the point where I wanted her to die. I want Sean Hannity to die.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lycus posted:

I take it that Magicians is: we want to do Hogwarts, but with sexy grad students instead of children.

Lev Grossman wrote The Magicians. Here's what he said about Halo 3 for Time magazine.

quote:

Like a pebble that has been rounded over the centuries by the gentle splashing of the ocean waves, Halo 3 has become the perfect hardcore first-person combat simulator. By dint of painstaking labor on the part of its developer, Bungie, it has been refined over three installments to the point where it delivers only pure, unadulterated gaming bliss. Every combat is even-sided and complex and can be waged in multiple ways, using an arsenal of long- and short-range weapons, plus grenades and hand-to-hand moves. Every level is perfectly paced and balanced and graced with soaring architectural compositions. Plus it's graphically gorgeous. The epic storyline and the stirring score don't hurt either. In one of the greatest years video gaming has ever seen, Halo 3 is the very best of the bunch.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon Prime keeps recommending me terrible looking direct-to-video gay movies. I can't recall watching anything gay except maybe that one episode of The Sopranos with Vito.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It would be pretty funny if Amazon started recommending things to watch based on other things you purchased. Oh you just bought a decorative samurai sword and some wall scrolls? Here's a bunch of anime poo poo for you.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Breaking Bad is way better than BCS

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the epic storyline of BB. BCS feels more like actors having fun being actors. Also way too much Mike.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Don't think of Breaking Bad as some burden. It's a great show with a few boring parts. It's also way funnier than the ads and press make it out to look.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Taboo starts next Tuesday. I can't wait to see Tom Hardy incomprehensibly mumble on TV.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've seen critics say The Crown has amazing performances and that it's not the stuffy costume drama you think it is, except it's exactly one of those stuffy costume dramas. There's also ridiculous dramatic music during simple sequences like someone walking into a house or taking a boat ride. Watched 3 episodes so far and it's so loving boring.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The machine is the worst. Just enjoy the dog and sarah shahi and amy acker.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I love Frequency and The Count of Monte Cristo despite Jim Caviezel's anti-charisma personality. He's not great on his own.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sarah Shahi sweats a lot

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Baywatch Nights? Started out as a detective show and then turned into an X Files clone with ghosts and aliens.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Finished The Crown. Great performances and the show looks expensive as gently caress. But the story is all out of whack. On the one hand we have the prime minister going to Egypt and trying to maintain their colony and it's all about to go to poo poo. At the same time, the show makes us think that the queen's sister trying to get married is supposed to be equally as dramatic and interesting. A war could possibly break out and we're still focusing on a stupid marriage? Also, I think the show is condoning British colonialism and makes the Egyptians look like evil idiots.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a solid B show. Nothing much to talk about except Gemma Chan is super hot. Second season is actually really boring.

The show is just way too restrained. Like, you'd think the advent of the singularity and AI would make people a bit more excited. Instead, in the world of the show the people just use these bots as maids and manual labor. Basically Star Trek and Blade Runner already explored all the questions about AI in way more depth decades ago. There's really nothing new in Humans.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jan 7, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I lost all my respect for Tom Hardy when I found out he loves vaping

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sherlock has been terrible since episode 1 and the ching chong china bullshit in episode 2 cemented it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought Sherlock straight up murdered someone and fled the country

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The past ~20 episodes or so have been dull IMO. We need more of Sherlock's dad and Kitty and Clyde

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Martin Freeman says he gets more fan recognition for Sherlock than Hobbit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Season 3 is Hannibal at its most pretentious and I love it. The ending feels earned too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mads is doing like 20 Disney movies a year though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of Netflix, I finished Bloodline season 1. It has fantastic acting but they only have maybe a movie's worth of story to go through and they stretch it out for 12 hours. The same writers did the same poo poo with Damages. Just make it into a movie it would have been great.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The trailer for Iron Fist shows the guy punching through a wall and he's taught by tibetan monks or something. Looks like Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think those reviews are based on just the first couple episodes. Imagine reviewing The Wire or Spartacus based on the first two episodes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She's had a kid for like 3 seasons now. It's a good 24 type show if that's what you're looking for. Lots of spies and drone bombings.

Also Tracy Letts, erudite playwright known for works like Killer Joe and August: Osage County, plays a hilariously evil senator on the show. Every one of his scenes are a joy.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 13, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah as soon as they got rid of Brody's daughter it improved massively.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Legalize pizza balls

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think you missed the last episode where they did

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All I learned in this thread is that Lemony Snicket is good but no actual reason

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw the pilot for pushing daisies and didn't like it because it was a ripoff of Amelie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You just have to be alive for 25 years

• Locked thread