Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate the name of the show. It reminds me of a few years ago where every other movie coming out had some wacky title like Dr. Wizards Discombobulating Machine of Spectacular Fizzlewobbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Frasier

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Timby posted:

I think the accent that Frasier and Niles use is more mid-Atlantic.

He asked for English pronunciation, not accents.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just found out there's a 108 page thread in this forum about Power Rangers. Am I in the bad place?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Overall it's a forgettable series even though it does improve in season 2. There's better stuff to watch.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Superrodan posted:

Apparently Lin-Manuel Miranda is a West Wing fan and worked with the podcast guys to make this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TTD5-3fuZE

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

To add to that, Sony is also making the Emoji Movie.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are already Boston Marathon bombing movies. Trump movies? Try next year.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Good Place is good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

RIP Miguel Ferrer, you bad motherfucker

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Don't check out The OA

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

False advertising if you ask me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Medullah posted:

Anyone care to spoiler it? I'm so far behind in shows that while it's on the list, there's many more before it. I watched the first 3 episodes but got way behind.

They are in the Bad Place.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 21, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rocksicles posted:

Put some effort into that spoiler you gently caress.

gently caress you

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BSam posted:

i'm a few episodes in, it's good so far

I was really intrigued by it for a lot of it. I think the last couple episodes are badly executed and I'm not sure if you've seen the dancing stuff yet.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a good show. Adam Scott plays a douche tech bro that works for a Satan-type figure.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you want to see some similar themes check out the Black Mirror episode "Nosedive." It's a bit darker and it's also written by the creator of The Good Place.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Stop judging things on a point scale, dude.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

James Corden is insufferable because every interview turns into a segment about himself.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon has the HBO back library so I think I like them more. Also Hannibal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think the biggest waste of my money was buying all those DVDs just to fill my shelves with DVDs. After I got rid of all my physical media it was like taking a satisfying fat poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just watch everything on my iPad or laptop now so streaming quality doesn't matter as much. Just 1080p is perfectly fine for the foreseeable future for me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

DivisionPost posted:

I got you all beat for inane non-problems.

I like to fall asleep with the TV on. After a couple of hours of inactivity, though, Netflix and Amazon's auto-play functionality will cease and require viewer input to continue. Theoretically speaking, this could happen long before my TV's sleep timer goes off.

I challenge you all to tell me why this is an issue if I'm asleep anyway.

I used to do this but I switched to podcasts. Listening to 10 minutes of Ira Glass puts me out stone cold.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon Top Gear sucks. If I was Jeff Bezos I would ask for my money back.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like Sweet Vicious a lot despite it swinging wildly between dumb action and poignant personal moments. Man just 10 years ago MTV used to censor the word "hash" but now characters openly smoke bongs on MTV shows.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lol lol just lol if you watch tv live

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw two episodes of Incorperated and got bored but a bunch of people here are saying it's good so it's probably worth trying again.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

e: Yeah Expanse is on Prime. Netflix has the international rights if you're not in the US.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey the Oscars are on TV right? gently caress the Oscars for not nominating Sing Street for anything. "Drive It Like You Stole It" is a fantastic song and better than whatever trash heap Justin Timberlake wrote for Trolls. No one will remember La La Land in 6 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWTcmjnEGY

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM7B56xok9M

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Downloading the 2016 Doom on steam is like 50 gigs alone.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MiddleOne posted:

If anyone is still in doubt Sweet/Vicious is really really really good.

I almost quit at the "LeBong James" joke but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

DivisionPost posted:

Said director, John Carney, also did BEGIN AGAIN, with Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley. It might be a little on the twee side for some people ("LET'S RECORD THE ENTIRE ALBUM OUTDOORS! THE CITY IS OUR BACKDROP!"), but it's still goddamn great in its own way. Ruffalo is loving awesome in it. The movie should be on Netflix.

Begin Again is so terrible in every way. Music sucks, keira sucks, and what kind of rapper is named trouble gum. Just watch the music video for Take a Step its the only good scene.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/riverdale

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sweet/Vicious makes me wonder if Marvel heroes like Captain America or Hawkeye have official Twitter accounts and blogs and instagrams.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think the whole season will be all the people dying a slow agonizing death.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He was on Jimmy Kimmel the other day and demonstrated throwing axes. The guy can actually do it and just watching him makes you emasculated instantly.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sarah Shahi filmed a modern day Nancy Drew pilot but it's been canned.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What is it you don't like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The coroner team sticks around a little longer and the killings become even more ridiculous.

• Locked thread