Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cactus posted:

I could hazard a guess...

How did Travellers' 2nd season turn out? As good as the first?

I'm loving it so far. Enrico Colantanti (Veronica Mars' dad) also joined the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Following Charlie Rose, PBS has now suspended Tavis Smiley for similar allegations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Disney, which owns ABC and ESPN, hopes 21st Century will supercharge its plans to introduce two Netflix-style streaming services. The company’s first major streaming effort, ESPN Plus, will arrive in the spring. A second and still unnamed offering, built around the company’s Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar brands, will roll out late next year. Rounding out its streaming portfolio will be Hulu, the already established service that focuses on older viewers with programming that includes ABC shows.

Mr. Iger is buying 21st Century Fox’s minority stake in Hulu, resulting in majority control of the streaming service by Disney, which previously owned 30 percent. Comcast and Time Warner also have stakes in Hulu.

--

Disney is purchasing the Fox television studio, which has 36 series in production, including “The Simpsons,” “Homeland,” “This Is Us” and “Modern Family.” Disney’s significantly smaller TV factory, ABC Studios, has delivered series of inconsistent quality and lost its biggest hitmaker in August when the “Grey’s Anatomy” producer Shonda Rhimes decamped for Netflix.

As part of the deal, Disney will also get the FX and National Geographic cable networks, and stakes in two behemoth overseas television-service providers, Sky of Britain and Star of India.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/business/dealbook/disney-fox-deal.html

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That makes sense since Clone Wars had a larger budget. George Lucas spent a lot of extra money on it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was a popular book a few years ago called Heat that's all about working for Mario Batali and yeah someone that runs an empire of restaurants in NYC has to be a prick to make it that far.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Power corrupts you man. But times change and these guys just need to be cleaned out.

I also read a rumor about how the NYT or Washington Post are about to drop a bombshell story about like 40 people in congress are going to be named as sexual harassers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He actually shot himself with a gun

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Treadmills were originally invented as a torture device

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sounds like a typical angry Youtuber rant about a dumb movie nobody cares about

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought it was just Ocean's 11 with real magic

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate Ken Jeong so much

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Recent Chinese immigrants do say fa ra ra ra ra

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'd be happy to never see Alec Baldwin's Trump impression ever again

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like that the show about the FBI is somehow not called Suits. And there's apparently like 80 episodes of a CIA show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wait, both Beckys?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tokyo Drift is the one where a guy that looks 40 is playing a high school teen, right?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The best Raid movie is force awakens

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Well the show is propaganda for the brits. In the first season they almost made the Egyptians look like the villains.

Kennedy probably was an rear end in a top hat in private though. On Boardwalk Empire, Kennedys dad lords his corruption above even the Mafia.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bull3964 posted:

I'm amused how everyone is jumping on Netflix for spending *gasp* $90mil on Bright when Warner can drop $300mil on trash like Justice League and get a pass and Disney can drop $230mil on another Pirates movie that no one asked for.

Bright looks way cheaper than 90 million. I think Will Smith has been speaking to Adam Sandler about how to get dem profits.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Someone show those people Wolverine singing and dancing on Broadway

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Being an open secret doesn't really matter when so many other people also have open secrets. I really believe that when these people work in Hollywood for so long they just get de-sensitized to it and that working with creeps is just an everyday occurrence. Eddie Izzard said in an interview that after living around Hollywood for a while that you really do change. Like the idea of getting plastic surgery goes from being horrendous to as benign as getting a hair cut.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

During the later seasons each episode of Friends cost over $10 million each.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Seinfeld is the best sitcom in history right behind Newsradio.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Even contemporary shows of Friends like Newsradio made fun of how unrelentingly White/dull it was. A lot of people at the time it was airing didn't like it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't recall any actual jokes on Home Improvement. I think I liked it because stuff exploded and he did the dumb laugh but I was also like 9 years old.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think it holds up better than the first few seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Curb has some terrible acting that makes it a cringefest. On Seinfeld, even the side characters are in top form.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wonder if the ad companies would be against having a random shuffle feature because it makes it way harder to research the customer's viewing habits. If someone is consciously deciding to watch 40 episodes of Star Trek in a row that tells you a lot.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just watch 15 million merits, White Christmas, and San junipero.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Haha that was Aaron Paul at the end of USS Callister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I liked the acting and some of the Star Trek stuff was fun but I feel like it's just a remix of earlier Black Mirror stories that's we've all seen before. I've seen the first three and just not really feeling it so far. Arkangel just drags forever. The same story could have been told more effectively as a 15 minute short film. Instead they just show the same thing over and over again, we get it, move on with it. Crocodile's cinematography and setting was stunning and gorgeous but that's about all I got from it. I didn't feel anything over the shock value stuff, just felt cheap.

I really wanted a mindfuck episode like White Christmas.

• Locked thread