Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrVenkman posted:

Rhyno was right about Amell in that ARROW episode. He was great in that moment, and I actually really like what that episode did. It's even more potent given how FLASH has really been dragging out how Barry hosed up in creating Flashpoint. Yes he did, and it was selfish, but I don't think that show really knows what to do with that story and just keeps repeating the same thing over and over.

I'm glad other people agree. I'm always impressed with Amell these days. He went from a pretty-boy model to an actually decent actor. He was even good in TMNT2!

Also the Magicians is hot loving garbage but the quipping between Quentin and Penny makes it absolutely worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

My dad watches her because she's hot, that's about it.

That's pretty much all she has going for her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How do I watch this show?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

The first three episodes are open to anyone in the states: http://www.mtv.com/shows/sweet-vicious/episode-guide

Beyond that, you'll have to either get a cable login, fork over money to Amazon/Apple, or get creative.

EDIT: MTV used to throw episodes of their shows on Hulu 3-4 weeks after they aired, but they haven't done it for this show. Basically they're assholes.

I'll give it a shot. I have some video credits with Amazon, maybe it will work for this show?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

That's interesting. The first time I ever liked him was on the first season of Secrets and Lies. I was thinking maybe his performance in that was an anomaly since I'd never liked him in anything else.

I guess he was incredibly close to being cast as Danny Rand for the Iron Fist show, he'd even tweeted cryptic picture of a dragon but something happened and he didn't get the gig.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We've had this exact Sherlock discussion before, down to the PBS and Freeman's Hobbit comments.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

A whoopee-cap (which is what Jughead wears in the comics) is traditionally made from a fedora.

trap sprung

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Life was one of the best shows of the last decade. I'm still pissy about that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Life was just so good in so many ways. Charlie's inability to furnish his house was wonderful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

I really like Man Seeking Woman

Jay Baruchel is awesome. Especially in Goon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rQzFOgdcu0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

i love pop-punk so bad

Like, Good Charlotte?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I just sat through the first episode of A Series of Really Poorly Written Dialogue and uh, those of you that like this are eff'n nuts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wandle Cax posted:

I think you are confusing poorly written for written in a style I don't like

Well yeah if that style is "stupid."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

Why are you so boring?

Why do you care? gently caress off and put me on ignore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

I mean, geez, our old belligerent trolls at least fuckin tried, you know

I'm not trolling, it's a terrible show and unless you're a 13 year old girl you should be ashamed to proclaim that you enjoy it. Now put me on ignore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

I think everyone around here knows that, in some kind of cosmic sense, I am in fact a 13 year old girl.

I wasn't going to say anything...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cael posted:

Because it doesn't have any actresses he can claim aren't attractive.

Yes it does!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TV Zombie posted:

This is a pretty dumb question but for someone whose second language is English, are there any shows that one can watch to listen to some good English pronunciation?

Misfits.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vodos posted:

I am not an expert but I'm pretty sure they speak the Queen's English in Netlflix's "The Crown".

I think my suggestion of Misfits is being glossed over too quickly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

Speaking of Misfits...

The first time I watched it, there only were 3 seasons. They were all pretty good. I stubbornly insisted on watching the remaining 2 seasons this rewatch. I have 2 episodes left, but I feel like I can say that it's best to stop after season 3.

I quit at the end of 3 as I heard nothing good about the rest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Timeless has a bunch of Bill & Ted references in the pilot so I keep meaning to get back to it to see if they keep doing that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What have we got on tv these days that's in the spirit of Justified?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Graham Yost is the showrunner on Sneaky Pete (starting with episode two I think), and it also has Margo Martindale.

Sold.

Already watched that and it doesn't seem likely to get a second season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

Did you enjoy it/Did it wrap up sort of? Pilot was alright, I wasn't super compelled to start the 2nd episode.

I very much enjoyed it. There is som incredibly graphic poo poo in the finale so be prepared for that. As for wrapping up, there's numerous plot threads left without closure as they were clearly planning on a second season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Looten Plunder posted:

That sucks! Quarry was awesome.

It really was. It hasn't officially been passed on yet as far as I know but it doesn't look likely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm on leave from work for the rest of the week so I figure I can knock out the entire series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The first episode of SP is pretty fantastic. I'm really impressed with Giovanni Ribisi, he's a joy to watch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deputy Gutterson just showed up. Sneaky Pete is a winner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

So, Amazon has announced that they're doing the adaptation of the Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett novel Good Omens to be released next year but in an interesting twist Gaiman will be writing all the episodes himself and will be serving as showrunner. While he's done some writing for TV before this is most he's been hands on with a production.

For those who haven't read the book, it is a comic take on the Biblical apocalypse starring an angel, a demon, a modern day witch hunter, the four horsepeople of the Apocalypse, the descendant of a woman who wrote a completely accurate book of prophecy and an 11 year old boy growing up in rural England who just happens to be the Antichrist. It was one of my favorite books growing up so I'm super excited.

Oooooh, two Neil shows! Now if only we can get HBO to pick up a Sandman series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

Animal Kingdom, Shut Eye?

Sell me on Shut Eye.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shut Eye sounds great. Chance is next, then I'll give that a go. Sneaky Pete is amazing, everyone please watch it.

In sad news, Miguel Ferrer has passed away. He was one of my favorite "Hey it's that guy!" actors ever since Robocop. He was only 61.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

Seven eps into Sneaky Pete, it's like they said "let's get all those great supporting character actors from other shows together and let them be the stars for once". And they did, and it was good. It was real drat good.

This is it exactly. I'm probably going to finish watching it tonight because it's so drat good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sneaky Pete was loving fantastic from beginning to end. I really thought it was going to nicely wrapped up as a single season series but that last bit of set up already has me hooked for the next season. A+.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like a bunch of the recommended shows are on HULU only. I do not current;y have HULK so I'm giving Goliath on Prime a shot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I wish there was a HULK streaming service. That would be the best.

HULK WANT WATCH NIGHT COURT

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

Watched the first 3 eps of Sneaky Pete. Good, not great. Pretty much nothing stands out in any way, except maybe the cast.

The web of lies and cons gets better and better. And the cast is just phenomenal so that helps quite a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goliath on AP is pretty rad so far. I'm 5 eps in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I went to get oil at Walmart and they had a huge bin of 99 cent DVDs and it was actual known films not direct to video crap so yeah, you can build a DVD library for very cheap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supposedly T-Mobile is going to forgive all video streaming the way they do music streaming. I have no quality standards for the most part so I figure I'll cut my internet package to a much slower one and just stream everything from my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

I got you all beat for inane non-problems.

I like to fall asleep with the TV on. After a couple of hours of inactivity, though, Netflix and Amazon's auto-play functionality will cease and require viewer input to continue. Theoretically speaking, this could happen long before my TV's sleep timer goes off.

I challenge you all to tell me why this is an issue if I'm asleep anyway.

My Sharp has a sleep timer I can set to the minute I think.

• Locked thread