Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Has anyone ever watched WGN's Outsiders? It stars David Morse and Joe Anderson which immediately piques my interest. The premise actually sounds kind of cool but I've never heard anyone say a word about it. I'm guessing like when Manhattan was on WGN most people aren't even aware of it existing.

I was also going to ask about this. It also has Ryan Hurst, Opie from SOA, and he was the high point of that series so I kind of want to give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I don't know him from that but I remember really liking him on Taken years ago.

Oh my god keep it that way. SOA is the biggest dumpster fire of a show that I've ever watched.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Zoo was so terrible that I found myself really enjoying it.

And I just wrapped up Goliath and whoa, this was phenomenal television.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazon Top Gear sucks. If I was Jeff Bezos I would ask for my money back.

Agreed, the studio bits are unwatchable. I want an edited version that's just the on location driving. Also Richard Hammond has become insufferable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

Its like... its really, really objectively bad... but I can't seem to tear myself away from it because I feel like at any moment they might just introduce a talking bear or something.

I really thought talking animals was where the show was going! Such a bummer. Is season two up for streaming yet?

Back to Goliath, I really hope they don't do another season. Or if they do it needs to be a new cast and setting because it's unreasonable to believe that the same lawyer could go around tearing down mega corporations left and right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I know what I'm watching next.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

Really? Goliath has had some bad reviews.

You get around to watching Shut Eye yet?

Shut Eye is Hulu right? I need to get my sister's log in for that. Chance is also highly regarded right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Riverdale did nothing for me, officially old.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Isn't Nancy Drew a teenager?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

It was a grown up Nancy Drew.

THIS SHALL NOT STAND

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

savinhill posted:

I don't think many people watched the first season, but for those who did, season two of Fortitude just started, and for those who didn't, check it out, it's very good stuff, a Lynchian horror drama set in an isolated Arctic town with some supernatural elements. It has one of the best fight scenes of last year imo, along with the many other things it does well

Is that the show with Christopher Eccelston?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey thread, I fuckin love you guys and I love television. My sister gave me her HULU log in so I can watch EVERYTHING now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Croatoan posted:

I too liked Twin Peaks starring Archie but the whole statutory rape thing is kind of weird. I mean he's supposed to be what, 15 or 16?

Supposedly it's going to be a major plot point through the season and the consequences of it will be major.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently Paul Feig is trying to drum up interest in a second season of Other Space, his sci-fi comedy series that was on the terrible Yahoo Screen service.

I watched the first two episodes and it was pretty bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Almost always available for sale on itunes and amazon video streaming

Amazon's video streaming is irritating as hell. "Here's a lot of stuff but here's a show from the 80's and only every 5th episode is available to watch for free."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Colton Haynes left Teen Wolf for a role on Arrow where like two thirds of his scenes ended up being cut. Then he left Arrow to do film and his first major role was in a critical failure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would love a LOD mini series where they realize that it's up to them to save the universe because the Legends hosed up and broke reality.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder if they can get Sinbad to reprise his role.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tortolia posted:

I am really excited for Legion and I don't care one bit about the source material.

It doesn't really sound like the showrunners cared about it either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For good reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not convinced Timothy Olyphant can actually act.

It doesn't matter because he's so goddamned charming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All throughout the Arrow thread over seasons two and three. He'd talk about an awesome scene they shot and it wouldn't be in the episode.

He seemed to think he got a raw deal because he was never elevated to regular status.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

less laughter posted:

Not true, he was a series regular in season 2 and 3.

Are you certain? One of the reasons he cited for his departure was not being a regular.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just watched the Expanse premier and holy gently caress this season is going to be awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

Sam Rockwell is super underrated, he's frequently one of the best parts of movies. He was one of the only good parts of Iron Man 2.

Look at this dude with the correct opinion.

Also Timothy Olyphant is usually the best part of whatever he is in and his costars on Justified had nothing but good things to say about him, he and Patton Oswalt are close friends these days and if Patton likes you you're probably a good guy.

Also gently caress Kevin Smith.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a deep love of Tim so I get defensive when people say he's a bad dude. Like, everybody loves that guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Edward Norton is one of the biggest assholes in Hollywood man.

Which is a drat shame because he is an amazing actor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

Man, with all the Colton-chat and the Ricky Wittle stuff, I always wonder if there's more to other television series being nightmares to film.

There's plenty of TV horror stories throughout the history of the medium. Go read up on Gene Roddenberry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone posted earlier that Fillion is in actuality a huge rear end in a top hat and that is why he's probably not getting work, anyone know more about that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Maybe? I met him IRL and he was super nice and accommodating and joking, but that was just like 2 minutes.

I can't find the post (if it was even in this thread) but he was a douche to Stana on the Castle set or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Watching the SB and uh, does anyone actually care about 24 without Jack Bauer?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The first three seasons of 24 were pretty great and also Elisha Cuthbert.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Yes, because the best character, Tony Almeida, is back. Also Corey Hawkins is great and it has Jimmy Smits and Gerald McRaney. There's a lot to like in this new version.

The commercials make it look boring as hell.

I HAVE TO STOP THESE TERRORISTS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What was great about 24 was there was nothing like it previously. A show that took place in real time was pretty ground breaking.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do we not have a 24 thread? Sad times.

Maybe after tonight if it's compelling enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I guess I'm digging it. Teddy Sears is absolutely going to be the bad guy. I don't know if I'm buying the "every agency is compromised" thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's kind of weird to see Kathryn Prescott playing a high schooler when playing a high schooler on Skins 8 years ago was her big break.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Same deal with the daughter from The Mick. she's like 29 years old

I haven't seen her in anything else so that one hasn't bugged me yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I never watched that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kim vs the mountain lion was a highlight of the series.

• Locked thread