Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man, I love piracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I think the biggest waste of my money was buying all those DVDs just to fill my shelves with DVDs. After I got rid of all my physical media it was like taking a satisfying fat poo poo.

Right? gently caress physical media.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Its funny, for like 3 or 4 years I was watching everything on my computer or iPad and then a year ago I got a decent TV second hand from someone and a chromecast and now I can't bear watching something on those devices.

Like, if I can't just cast the thing from my phone I get all bent out of shape and grumble while I hit all of 3 buttons to cast it from my laptop.

You just reminded me of this hilariously first world complaint I made to someone earlier (I started exaggerating my speech once I realised how bad it was, to clarify):

quote:

my smart TV doesn't support FLAC audio via USB so when I download a movie with super good quality audio I have to run the HDMI into the laptop rather than put it onto the USB stick and plug that straight into the TV and that means I can't use the TV remote to control playback and have to lean forward to my desk to pause etc instead of just laying in bed 😞

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dog episode of High Maintenence is fuckin fantastic

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
SD is like, what cave people watch these days, though, right?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

Tell that to my monitor and TV.

Or build me one.

sounds like you got ripped off. my 56 inch 4k tv.....i literally forgot the exact term while writing this sentence but upgrades 1080p poo poo really well so it looks gorgeous

e UPSCALE it UPSCALES REALLY WELL

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Hey the Oscars are on TV right? gently caress the Oscars for not nominating Sing Street for anything. "Drive It Like You Stole It" is a fantastic song and better than whatever trash heap Justin Timberlake wrote for Trolls. No one will remember La La Land in 6 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWTcmjnEGY

What this guy said.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Awful news. What a goddamn trailblazer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Thanks for mentioning this movie. I hadn't even heard about it before and it was really good.

Hell yeah! Also check out ONCE by the same director.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been meaning to see that. It was funny when Carney got in trouble for talking poo poo about Knightley in an interview lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

Riverdale seems fun and is visually really good. Someone should make a proper thread.

YES I AGREE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every character will come out and then be brutally obliterated

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched Riverdale ep 1 earlier and I can barely remember it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The "wacky arty killer of the week" thing and general procedural elements get less prevalent but I feel like you do have to get used to a general level of high camp.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It goes pretty much full pretentious but I personally loved it and feel the writing improves enough by s2 to back it up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
4/5 are my favourite seasons too. They're pretty much good as TV gets imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah it's absolutely one of the funniest dramas. That fuckin Star Trek script always gets me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The dialogue and everything was real fuckin bad. If it wasn't a radical reinvention of a previously existing properly nobody would give a poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably. It's like two months later than before.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Smith is absolutely a huge dumb rear end in a top hat but for the most part so are the people he feuds with.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sam Rockwell is super underrated, he's frequently one of the best parts of movies. He was one of the only good parts of Iron Man 2.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Santa Clarita Diet rules

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't know I'll ever get tired of them mixing typical suburban couple sitcom stuff with alla this. Barrymore isn't great, but I really enjoy everyone else.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"I can move my hips from side to side now! I could never do this before!" god drat Olyphant is good at playing against type

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like this show needs a thread!

Oh wait it already has one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
why even set yourself up for that kind of disappointment

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
LOST ending rules and the only reason the opposite started getting taken as gospel is because Devin Faraci is loud and opinionated as gently caress

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't quite hate it that much but yeah I have absolutely no idea why The Americans is so acclaimed. It's so dull and aimless, and good performances can't overcome poor writing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

It's a bad episode because it's bad and exactly what everyone knew it would be but they swore up and down it wasn't.

What do you me-OH GOD you're not one of those people who thinks the finale actually WAS that they were in purgatory the whole time are you?? If you're not I really don't get what you mean

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That actually does mostly apply to Suicide Squad haha. But yeah LOST-wise seems like a fuckin weird complaint.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone actively still watching LOST wanting a proper answer to all the mysteries by the end of season 6 deserved to be disappointed. Somewhere around season 3 I was just like "gently caress it it's magic ok whatever" and stopped looking for answers and it got a lot better.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrVenkman posted:

Sure, if you ignore A) The opinions of the majority of people who don't know who the gently caress Devin Faraci is, and B) That the whole final season is largely just a waste of time. And I even liked the finale.

But the finale is specifically the thing people single out as being awful and terrible etc. I don't even really disagree about season 6 as a whole, it's almost def the weakest overall, but that's not what we're talking about really.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Like.....one of those bad hombres?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
mmmmmmfffffff that sounds so good i wish you hadn't mentioned it cause i want it right now

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Canadian sci-fi? How could I miss out on that??

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A series.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was a bit much trying to figure out poo poo we couldn't possibly know, but that was it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that's wack

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Onigami Nanashi posted:

I feel like such a newbie because everybody's judging things on who wrote them and what they did before or who directed and their entire body of work. I had to google who this dude was before I knew what was being talked about.

I saw a good-looking preview with some good-looking actors and decided to give it a shot.

You should watch THE FALL, it's absolutely one of the best-looking movies of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

The ending of Hannibal S03 E05 is the most tv has made me smile in some months.

Might be my favourite scene of an amazing season. So drat satisfying.

• Locked thread