Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

No but Fargo S3 is.

Considering they haven't even started filming yet it isn't going to be any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Apparently yes, there were apparently (I looked it up), it's just they did what Breaking Bad did in the second season and dropped out the U from gently caress in the broadcast audio.

Incidentally Chozen (the FX animated series) is still the only show that I've seen in the US that dropped 'oval office' in the original broadcast (albeit on basic cable) and nobody noticed it. Even Chuck only got away with a 'loving' on network at the 8pm slot.

Second season of Mr Robot had Darlene refer to herself as being "cunty."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The premise follows a group of young adults as they study at a school for magic. The main character is obsessed with a series of kids books called "Fillory and Further" which are basically Narnia, except based on real children.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lycus posted:

I take it that Magicians is: we want to do Hogwarts, but with sexy grad students instead of children.

Pretty much, in the books they were college freshmen instead of grad students so it was more sexy teens. Also in the books the college stuff is over before the end of the first novel. Their entire time at school is kind of uneventful and stuff only really pops off once they graduate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know that the jock left to be a regular on Arrow. Then they edited out all his scenes in Arrow. Now he's not on any show.

There was a thing after he left Arrow where the producers mentioned that he was never actually a "regular" regular and that the plan for him and his character was always just for a couple of seasons. Also I assume he's just fallen back to his other career of highly paid male model.

Anyway, everyone don't forget that the best show you're not watching, Man Seeking Woman, also starts up again tonight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I feel like I would have watched this by now if it starred literally any other actor but Jay Baruchel ya feel

Well, you're not exactly supposed to like his character but by the end of the second season he had kind of grown into a better person. Which is why it was kind of a surprise that it got renewed because the season 2 finale was almost like a series finale.

Also I'm almost done with Travelers and man, the end of episode 11 was really loving harsh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I feel like I would have watched this by now if it starred literally any other actor but Jay Baruchel ya feel

Well, you're not exactly supposed to like his character but by the end of the second season he had kind of grown into a better person. Which is why it was kind of a surprise that it got renewed because the season 2 finale was almost like a series finale.

Also I'm almost done with Travelers and man, the end of episode 11 was really loving harsh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I hope Thandie Newton got paid some extra for having to do half her scenes nearly fully nude.

Was she actually naked for all of those scenes or was it a body double? Some of her scenes were definitely shot in such a way to make it easy to fake.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

Because TVIV voted Better Call Saul so highly, I just wanted to ask if it's really necessary to watch Breaking Bad to know what the gently caress is happening on it? There's just so much to catch up on...

You don't HAVE to watch BB to enjoy BCS but there will be some minor moments that would be confusing, mainly some bookend parts take place in "present day" which are presented without context since you're expected to know why Jimmy is living in Omaha managing a Cinnabon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Breaking Bad is way better than BCS

I think BCS is better just because the show has more of a tighter focus on pretty much just Jimmy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who cares about Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, CW has announced that they're rebooting CHARMED as a period piece set in the 70s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The season premier/reboot of Sleepy Hollow was kind of weird. They introduced a new main character and two new supporting characters so a little much of the episode was devoted to going over character histories/quirks. Probably the most awkward scene was when they were introducing the new HQ that Ichabod and co were going to hang out at and how it was almost exactly the same as his old one, down to have access to secret tunnels.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also it looks like Jeremy Davies is the bad guy for the season and he's definitely Jeremy Davies-ing it up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Jeremy Davies, there's still no actual release date for American Gods but they've announced they're showing the first episode at SXSW which is mid March.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's a tech billionaire and an evil sorcerer!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale hits April 26th. Kind of got a little more timely in between filming and release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TOBOR IS ROBOT SPELLED BACKWARDS

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

At least they aren't trying absolutely everything to the Revolutionary War. That was part of what made last season so terrible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

That's awesome that CXG got a renewal. Thought it was done for.

It and Jane the Virgin are pretty much the only thing they can claim as "prestige" shows so they can probably coast on that for a couple of seasons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Okay, the first episode of Taboo was interesting. Jonathan Pryce as an evil bastard and Tom Hardy glowering.

Unfortunately it doesn't air in the US until Tuesday. Less time than the Young Pope but still annoying.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh I saw a review on IGN and was like "Oh that came out already?"

Yeah, reviews hit last week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently nobody at Fox cares as they have scheduled some of their regular shows tonight, like Bobs, Simpsons and Zorn.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

You'll be the first to have Fedora 2.0

A whoopee-cap (which is what Jughead wears in the comics) is traditionally made from a fedora.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

I really like Man Seeking Woman

This week's episode with all the Blue Bloods talk was so on point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Qmass posted:

I felt the same way. I think that review is way off...

I thought there were definite humorous moments in there too, like the part where he steals the pennies from his father's eyes and then next scene you see him putting them in the church's poorbox.

Edit: Also apparently despite calling it a "Limited Series" EP Stephen Knight is saying that the show will have a second season.

Anyway, turns out that the weird casting of Joseph Fiennes as Michael Jackson will come to naught as Sky Arts has announced they're shelving his episode of "Urban Myths."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

All I learned in this thread is that Lemony Snicket is good but no actual reason

It is well acted, written and directed as well as having really good production values.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

Amazon.com says that Taboo is a documentary.

They might be mixing it up with the Nat Geo show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

Ok, so I watched the first episode of Unfortunate Events and, while I'm not going to go on an angry rant like that other dude, that was one of the worst things I've ever had the misfortune to see.

NPH, why?

You're probably just going to have to accept that you're in the minority for this opinion, in this forum at least.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that does kind of bug me about A Series of Unfortunate Events is the CG baby head. It is just kind of offputting whenever it shows up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is a real baby a lot of the time but whenever there's a scene where people have to run around the baby becomes a doll with a CG head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, Amazon has announced that they're doing the adaptation of the Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett novel Good Omens to be released next year but in an interesting twist Gaiman will be writing all the episodes himself and will be serving as showrunner. While he's done some writing for TV before this is most he's been hands on with a production.

For those who haven't read the book, it is a comic take on the Biblical apocalypse starring an angel, a demon, a modern day witch hunter, the four horsepeople of the Apocalypse, the descendant of a woman who wrote a completely accurate book of prophecy and an 11 year old boy growing up in rural England who just happens to be the Antichrist. It was one of my favorite books growing up so I'm super excited.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So the season finale of No Tomorrow aired this week. It seemed like they saw the writing on the wall and made an ending that would work as an either/or if they get renewed (so no last minute cliffhangers.) In case anyone was wondering, real deal scientists double check Xavier's math and discover that he is right and an asteroid is going to hit. The season ends with a news report letting the whole world about the impending asteroid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Oooooh, two Neil shows! Now if only we can get HBO to pick up a Sandman series.

I kind of wish they had made a TV adaptation of Neverwhere with the recent radio play cast.

Richard Mayhew: James McAvoy
Lady Door: Natalie Dormer
The Marquis de Carabas: David Harewood
The Angel Islington: Benedict Cumberbatch
Mr. Croup: Anthony Head
Mr. Vandemar: David Schofield
The Earl: Sir Christopher Lee

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back to the Gaiman news, Starz has confirmed an April start date for American Gods.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

What are the chief metrics of TV success in the post-Netflix landscape?

I can't imagine ratings are necessarily worth what they used to be.

For late night talk shows they now care more about a segment going viral than actual ratings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The finale was really weird where they were just about to kill off Noah Wyle's character and then pulled away at the last second. Also kind of goofy was the part at the very end where Cassandra and Stone state that they will never use their powers again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jean-Clause Van Johnson was also picked up for series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Awesome, I can't watch any TV tonight because my feed is constantly jumping around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

And Terminator: Genisys is better than Terminator 3.

Where can I watch Dark Archie? Is it on Hulu?

CW App

Also tonight's Sleepy Hollow is the John Noble episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Isn't Nancy Drew a teenager?

It was a grown up Nancy Drew.

• Locked thread