Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently Paul Feig is trying to drum up interest in a second season of Other Space, his sci-fi comedy series that was on the terrible Yahoo Screen service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny because if you go back and look at the first season their CG was just poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The CW App is driving me crazy playing the same ads for the same CW shows over and over again in the same break.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was something hinky going on seeing as even before they killed him off they had completely sidelined the character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the first episode of Santa Clarita Diet and I'm enjoying it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No Tomorrow was so good. Even if they don't get a second season at least it had a good ending.

Anyway, weird thing about Santa Clarita Diet is that the nerdy neighbor boy is the kid who played Young Shawn 2 on Psych. I knew I recognized him from somewhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of my favorite little things about No Tomorrow was how often they would work the title in as a joke. Like the flashback to when Evie and Tim started dating and Tim starts talking about how he had a dream about the future they would have together and right after he was done, BAM. No Tomorrow pops up on the screen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A problem with Arrow is that they don't really have a lot of time for the side characters when they also have the Oliver only flashbacks to deal with too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I want nothing to do with APB just because of that awful premise.

What I do want if an avatar sized animated gif of Timothy Oliphant doing the hip shake from episode 4.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

You mean you don't want all the corporatism of Robocop with none of the satire?

We need more shows about how the government can't do anything while the plucky rich businessman has all the right answers!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nicolas Winding Refn and Ed Brubaker are working together on a crime series for Amazon. Its going to be called Too Old to Die and will be about gangsters in LA. No word yet on the time period of the setting although Bru has shown particular fondness for period pieces.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also it went straight to series so we won't even get that first episode for Pilot season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, Spike is changing its name to The Paramount Network. Reminder that before that it was Spike TV and before that it was The National Network and before that The Nashville Network.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lip Sync Battle and Bar Rescue.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first episode of Legion sure was something. Interesting to see if they can keep it up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of interesting how this season of Man Seeking Woman has just mostly focused on Lucy stuff. Makes me wonder if we're actually going to get a Woman Seeking Man episode this year since its already been that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god, the opening of this week's Man Seeking Woman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JJ Abrams has announced another Hulu/Stephen King collaboration with "Castle Rock." So far that's pretty much all the news is.

There's a teaser trailer but it doesn't say anything other than "Hey, Stephen King stuff exists"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHupqE1LCI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Over the Garden Wall was so loving good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Girls, HBO just announced that all of next Sunday's shows will be up on Go/Now on Friday to avoid any conflicts with the Oscars.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something kind of interesting I just saw using Amazon's website to watch something through Prime is that the quality options actually said how much bandwidth they use.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

American Gods finally has a air date, April 30th.

Edit: I know this was asked forever ago but Netflix will have season 2 of BCS up March 27th.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 23, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, if you happen to be a weirdo with a SeeSo subscription My Brother, My Brother and Me is up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, if you're willing to spend the money MBMB&M is still really funny. It's amazing how many people are will to play along with their shenanigans.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, I think last night's Man Seeking Woman completed the collection with Bruce McCulloch as the ER doctor. They've had all the Kids in the Hall guest star.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Currently at my parents' house as I'm watching their dogs over the weekend. They're still here and we're watching TV and it is driving me insane how their big HD TV is set up with all the terrible motion smoothing settings on. Going to wait until they leave tomorrow and fix it. We'll see if they ever notice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Season 2 is great so far. The recent episode feels like a season finale and it's not even halfway through yet.

That's because the most recent episode was the end of the first novel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I finished watching the first season of My Brother, My Brother and Me. While in general the season was a real hoot there were two episodes that I thought had problems. The teen episode makes the mistake of splitting the brothers up which means you don't get the back and forth jokes which they're so good at. While the Candlenights episode has the problem of being all set up for no real pay off with a montage of the event. Although it is slightly redeemed at the end when Justin has an emotional moment telling Griffin and Travis how he feels and they start making fun of him.

The best episode has to be the resume one especially once they get to Safetytown.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also they try to do stuff with a more realistic bent. So no artificial gravity and people in spaceships have to worry about stuff like engine thrust pushing too many G's.

In the most recent episode there was a scene where two characters were dealing with the communication time delay between the Earth and the Moon, which should help tell you where their head is when it comes to realism.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

Uh, no. There are specific times in the show where they turn gravity on and off.

And are we really supposed to believe tha places like Eros are like .1G?

Edit: upon reflection, I do agree that there probably isn't artificial gravity, I just got confused because of how artificial gravity is usually communicated in scifi.

I think you're just supposed to pretend that they're constantly dealing with variable levels of gravity. They just can't afford to show it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

Pete and Pete got the most insanely good cameos imaginable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1elBZ3ksSc

The fact that the mailwoman was the woman who did The Power of Pussy is like, the least amazing cameo in there. And Martin Donovan is smoking in his cameo. Smoking! In a kids show on Nickelodeon?!

e: uncredited, the guy playing Debbie Harry's husband is the dad from The Butthole Surfers' "Family BBQ" short film, oh my god

There was also the summer special with Michael Stipe as the cruddy ice cream man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jason Isaacs has been cast as the Captain of the Discovery on the new Trek series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Anymore details on why Bryan Fuller left the project?

He didn't really "leave" the project. He's just not the showrunner any more. Basically it sounds like the show took a lot longer to set up than he thought it would which also combined with American Gods taking longer to finish.

Edit: Unrelated note but Riverdale got renewed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Noticing something weird on Hulu. Watching a Fox program and it is actually my local station but for some reason they're using a non-standard station bug.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know I said it last year but man, this year's season finale for Man Seeking Woman really seemed like a series finale. It's going to be kind of hard to continue the show under that name when Josh just got married. Also they redid the raining fish gag from the first episode which seems like it was meant to bookend things.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Preacher back June 19th

Mr Robot back in "October"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is that the one that's on E?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

Yeah, but what I'm saying is, even though I knew that it wasn't, s2e5 felt like a season finale. So I forgot that the season wasn't over, and now I have 2 more episodes to watch.

It felt like a season finale because that was actually the end of the first novel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of weird, I've seen absolutely zero advertising for Patriot, on TV or before other Amazon stuff. I only watched the first episode because of the overwhelmingly positive buzz it has gotten in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's already been renewed at least.

• Locked thread