Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kiefer and Micheal Weatherly are getting paid for their new shows :homebrew:

lol that list not having Robin Wright especially after she complained that Kevin Spacey was making more money than she was and got a pay raise to the same amount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

Reese doesn't have a hard no kill rule. He just dislikes doing it and will avoid it until it's necessary. But when it's necessary that fucker will shoot for the head without hesitation.

Unless Finch starts to cry. Then he won't kill.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lilikoi posted:

I thought it was pretty, but terrible. Like all of Tarsem Singh's poo poo.

The worst part is that it wasn't even that pretty. :negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mulva posted:

It's great, everyone should have watched it, nobody did, so it only got 2 seasons and was cancelled last month.

Did it end on a cliffhanger?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Mick is really edging close to It's Always Sunny territory, in a good way. "Cat morphine! You know, morphine but for cats!"

It's remarkable how much they're getting away with- I know this is Fox and all, but there was some dark as hell poo poo in here. It's a good show is what I'm saying.

The Mick is great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

She's gettin' fuuuuuuuuu...rniture delivered.

edit: the clown episode, holy poo poo this episode holy poo poo

Sully the Spectacular!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cael posted:

Without spoilers, how was the ending of Frequency? "Wrapped up" is one thing but I'm hoping it's also good/satisfying. I've avoided starting since I wanted to see ratings wise how a season 2 prospect looked. Since it's pretty dim now, if it's a nice one-and-done that'd make proably drive me to sit down and watch.

There are still 2 plothooks for next season, but you could be satisfied just watching it as a 13 episode series.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Mick has been renewed!

Great news! Tonight's episode was fantastic too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

try the new taco place posted:

Legitimately unsure about deleting Training Day off my DVR

I wonder if they will cancel it now or try to retool it without him. I guess it depends on how the ratings are.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

$35/month AND YOU GET TO WATCH ADS.

fuckin dead

Snak posted:

YOU GET TO WATCH ADS.

:roflolmao:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Mick continues to be great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

The BBC Top Gear with Matt Leblanc is back and nobody seems to give a gently caress.

It was pretty good. The new format where they were just shooting the poo poo with James McAvoy was better than the interview style from before.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Norwegian Rudo posted:

So, both Sepinwall and Mo Ryan have absolute blood on the floor reviews of Iron Fist out...

Complete misfire: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/iron-fist-review-netflix-marvel/

quote:

It’s easily the worst of the Netflix Marvel shows — where the others tend to start off well and then run into massive pacing problems around episode 8 or 9, Iron Fist begins as if it’s already at that sag point — and an unfortunate illustration of the perils of miscasting.

:ohdear:

e:

Snak posted:

Oh no. :(

Edit: of course, it's possible they just aren't ready for what's basically Mortal Kombat: The Series.

There are people that think the Mortal Kombat movie is bad, after all..

Based on Sepinwall's review, it looks like by episode 6 Danny still doesn't get to the fireworks factory flashback to a martial arts tournament. I am very disappointed that this probably isn't going to happen. Though with their seemingly super terrible fight choreography as shown in the trailers and confirmed in the reviews, this is probably for the better.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 8, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bull3964 posted:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/16/12-monkeys-season-3-premiere-date-renewal/

Syfy has renewed 12 Monkeys for a 4th and final 10 episode season before season 3 airs.

They will also air all of season 3 over three consecutive nights. That smells of burning off the show, but they clearly want them to finish up the story if they got season 4.

Syfy works in mysterious ways

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HorseRenoir posted:

I haven't watched any of the Marvel Netflix stuff since I dropped Jessica Jones halfway through and nothing I've heard since then has given me the impression that I'm missing anything.

also holy poo poo this is some of the worst action directing I've seen in a while

https://twitter.com/BrianJNorris/status/843172574272114688

Hahaha :psyduck:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

Someone mentioned ages ago that openings should have their own award category in the Emmy's and they really should. In Netflix, I loved the Jessica Jones opening theme jingle and nothing beats the foreboding Dexter and most American Horror Story openings did.

Pretty sure they do

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pentyne posted:

Profit was dark as gently caress, one of the darkest strangest network shows that wasn't topped for several years. I remeber getting the DVDs from Netflix on a whim and being completely drawn in. Its like some bizarre early 90s tech executive Mad Men fever dream with constant betrayal and murder.

And very 90s computer hacking.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I spent the afternoon wrapping up Iron Fist (which isn't anywhere close to as bad as people said) so I spent the evening catching up on shows from last week. I'm watching the second episode of the new Samurai Jack and rather than doing the smart thing and barely using Aku since his original voice actor Mako passed away, they instead opened the episode with a ton of Aku dialogue and the guy who replaced Mako is terrible.

:goonsay:

He was fine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo the scene during the credits in tonight's ep of The Mick.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Elementary good?

It's better than Sherlock

:can:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thwomp posted:

I would say Season 2 of Dexter but it wasn't terrible, just wasn't quite as good.

Homeland had a really strong start for season 2 that just got silly in the back half.

Really, you could list most shows on Showtime.

Season 2 of Dexter was absolutely better than s1. Doakes was a fantastic antagonist. Show peaked there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

I'll watch The Good Wife for my "lovely rich white people" fix. I wanted more of that in The Good Fight but like 80% of the cast is black.

Chandler Bing was on it for a small arc and he was definitely playing a lovely person. There is also the plot of not Bernie Madoff happening too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How many people are double agents / moles? Or I guess how many people aren't?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Like, the response of the MC when they find out that Juice was being blackmailed for having a black dad is "Holy poo poo, we should change some of those ancient bylaws" but there's also no forgiveness or sympathy, and the main character of the show makes Juice his slave to do all his dirty work and then eventually trades him off to another gang to be repeatedly raped. Because.

Also though last few bigs things that happen on the show are supposed to be serious and tragic and profound, but are actually so monumentally stupid that you can't take them seriously at all. Even a little bit.

:stonklol:

I'm glad I stopped at the end of season 2 with the hilarious baby kidnapping also the perpetrator of said hilarity goes to Ireland by speedboat from California :psyduck:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I'd love to say it was genuinely that dumb but it really wasn't. Like literally they spend episodes in S3 tracking him in airports and poo poo. He just took the speedboat to like the next port to get away from the dumbass bikers. Which is silly in the name of Sutter feeling the need to end everything in a car/bike chase but not quite as silly as it sounds.

But there's plenty of stupider stuff actually in SOA.

Aw :(

STAC Goat posted:

Ha. I briefly had the Bastard Executioner on my radar before I realized it was Sutter. I had no idea it was cancelled after three episodes. I have no doubt Sutter had an amazing breakdown over that. For a long time after I quit watching SOA I kept reading the thread just to follow his routine public insanity.

Yea. I knew it was cancelled and his little twitter meltdown about how THE WORLD WASN'T READY FOR MY VISION but I figured they would at least air the full season. Getting pulled after 3 episodes is loving amazing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hughmoris posted:

Season 1 of Spartacus is literally the greatest season of television.

Nah, it has the first 2 3? episodes which kinda blow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Did anyone want this? I heard the mini series thing they did was completely uneven in terms of quality with the main story arc ones being horrible and the standalone episodic ones being ok.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Argue posted:

Does anyone remember this one particularly memorable product placement for a phone app; I can't remember its name or what show it was in, but it involved the show grinding to a halt so that one main character could explain to another how the app worked for like a minute. I think it was for renting/buying cars? Or possibly renting/buying houses.

Royal Pains? Or some USA network show. I think the app was for buying / selling used cars.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Everything involving Arya after she went to train has been terrible.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

No Tomorrow and Frequency were officially canceled by the CW. I didn't watch Frequency so I have no opinion on it but No Tomorrow was a lot of fun.

Frequency worked well enough as a mini series. All the loose ends were tied up and there was just a tiny plot hook for s2 in the very last scene.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lycus posted:

Spoil me, did she ever change history resulting in her fiance being dead, because thats what I was expecting.

Nah. He forgot who she was / didn't know she existed for most of the show because of time shenanigans, but then they fixed it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Time has run out for Timeless (cause it was canceled.)

Did any time travel show survive this season? Timeless, Time After Time, The Adam Pally comedy, Frequency. I guess Legends of Tomorrow, but that isn't a freshman show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

I love The Americans, but I feel like nothing has happened for this entire season. It's like they had a story ready and were like "poo poo, we need to save this arc for the final season," so they are just stalling for an entire season...

Nah, things are definitely happening this season. Now season 3 was the one that was slow(even for this show) and had nothing happen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

Even though Frequency was cancelled and managed to wrap up well CW just put up an epilogue they shot that wraps it up even more.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/frequency/frequency-epilogue/?play=ce83ea5c-072c-41dc-b46c-32da7be429e3

That's pretty cool of them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Apoplexy posted:

Honestly, while I wasn't a huge fan of post-revival Family Guy, American Dad ended up being one of my favorite things ever, at least until that TBS switch that seems to have completely killed it creatively.

What? The show is as good as it's ever been since switching to TBS.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

-Blackadder- posted:

I think the backlash from Lost and BSG's endings came from the fact that the show's were just so drat good early on, and that set a really high bar that the writers just couldn't come close to consistently meeting in later seasons. The same thing seems to be happening with Game of Thrones. Anyway, I think they're still both worth a watch.

The Cylons have a plan*

*citation needed

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

gently caress yes. Cinemax's martial arts drama from the Banshee guys is going to series.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/06/warrior-19th-century-crime-drama.html

(It's set in America, before anyone gets any "Marco Polo but without the white people" vibes.)

Hoon Lee better be in this.

I hope he just shows up as Job. No explanation given.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Turns out there's a John Wick spin-off TV series in the works. Its still early in development but right now but the current plan is to call it The Continental, after the hotels that house the various hitmen and crime families of the John Wick world. Its apparently going to be a prequel. Keanu Reeves will be tangentially involved with Chad Stahelski saying that they're planning on Keanu making an appearance but he obviously won't be appearing long term on the show.

Lionsgate is producing the show and as far as I can tell there's no network attached yet.

Do not want if it ends up on network tv

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

She's dead, and they're eating her.

Is this some loving book poo poo? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6lo3v-IcPE

No mention of David Hyde Pierce :(

e: i read gud. I hope Bradley Cooper shows up since he isn't listed on the cast list.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 22, 2017

• Locked thread