Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

I like that whoever marked out their last name, but you could still find it easily by going to their twitter account which they didn't mark out.

There was an article I read about 2 guys who snuck into the Super Bowl. They had declined to give their names so they don't get in trouble. But it included embeds from one's twitter feed where his account is @lastnamefirstname.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

Yet another in netflix's continuing line of awful show names that convey little to nothing of what the show is.

Good show though.

Netflix's model doesn't really need to do that, so they can go for jokier titles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

From what I've read, Netflix pays upfront actually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Of all the people to expend your rage on you pick the most white bread milquetoast inoffensive late night dude. I mean surely there are better targets out there

Jimmy Fallon is a violent alcoholic rear end in a top hat actually, he just has good publicists.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I saw his TV special and it was torture.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, you're thinking of Maveth; Season 3 Episode 10.

Honestly feels like a lifetime ago at this point. This show crams so much stuff into its running time and arcs, it's loving crazy.

They found a book.

Now you're caught up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a finale until April.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

Fixed.

Except Game of Thrones, it's the tv watchers that make that trash.

It's both.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Other than the yellow Power Ranger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The High Court is incredibly bad. People should be fired over this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's multiple rounds of auditions and stuff so it's probably the total time they spent in town before being accepted for TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not the entire last season. It's the last few episodes of it though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most of those guys super overrated the other 3 too so imagine how bad it has to be to get that reaction.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cultural appropriation is okay when the things I like do it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That doesn't solve the problem because it still apparently has everyone else being a crappy, boring stereotype.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay but please don't feel it necessary to report back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you want to hear about that guy's blossoming racism you'll have other threads you can find it in I'm sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Same, but British TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HIMYM's ending was perfectly in line with the entire series. Dude spent 9 years talking about 1 girl, and the mother only ever as an aside.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

why the gently caress were the 80's so goddamned obsessed with satanism?

Like half of the non-spoopy cases have Robert Stack talking about 'Possible Satanic Connections' ffs

Trends like that are almost always coming off some big news story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Iron Fist reviews never actually said bad.

But that was the message everyone got so now everyone comes out thinking "Hey, this isn't terrible" instead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A few episodes of Burn Notice, Ground Floor for 2 seasons, and a few movies. Right now he's in Stan vs. Evil or whatever it's called.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm a hell of a lot more excited for how Gifted will turn out than I am the Defenders.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

precision posted:

I think the common theme here with the complaints about the Netflix Marvel shows is that all of them could have used more time in the oven. I think they're trying to get them out too fast.

I don't know, the one with the shortest development time has been the best one so far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He meant that's the only industry that's hiring out there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I really doubt Jessica Jones is the first show to deal with abuse. It's just the first one that starts with a comic book logo that draws viewers in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess I missed the Korra episodes with gratuitous nudity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old men yell at The Cloud.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Video games are 4k now*, but if you're just buying for TV you don't need it probably.

*: Sort of.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Distance charts are bullshit and it doesn't work that way.

But they don't even make 4k below 40 inch anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

So X-files is still on Netflix for me. Does the Canadian service keep it, or is it going away at midnight tonight or something?

Most TV shows are going to have different license holders in the US and Canada, since not a whole lot operate in both countries.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Season 2 of Dexter was absolutely better than s1. Doakes was a fantastic antagonist. Show peaked there.

Yeah but it also had loving Lila.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I just watched season 2 of Fargo, what where the criticisms over the finale? I thought it fit the tone of the season wonderfully.

The only one I know for sure is that people thought the Hanzee thing was too much of a reach just to link the seasons up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Counterpoint: So?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BSam posted:

There's a show we're not to talk about in here, but it's back and it's awesome.

Seems unlikely, all 4 of those shows were always bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're XO's favorite shows and he doesn't want anything spoiled before he gets a chance to watch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, nothing actually interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

hey please don't be the big dick arbiter of what you think is a spoiler or not, just maybe don't post out of context screenshots in the first place. it's not funny or insightful and it doesn't lead to any worthwhile discussion

I disagree, it is quite funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

Pro doesn't rhyme with con though. I mean yeah it makes more sense, but it doesn't rhyme.

Maybe you meant alliteration? Bakers/Fakers and Help/Yelp also have alliteration, but pro/con do not. So I'm not sure what combination of rhyming or not would actually fit your weird problem with the name of the show. My problem with it is that it's a dumb show.

It's called assonance or consonance when it's not the first letter.

:eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I get Starz in Canada. Take that!

• Locked thread